[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Users who are viewing this thread

So this won't ever be available for Warband ?

Is Gabrilduro's 1860s Old America a " permitted " Warband version of this 1866, then ?

( By the look of your improvements list I would prefer to play yours, now !  And no recent activity from Gabrilduro, as well. A shame  )

That's for the vanilla M&B, not Warband. To be honest, Warband has a lot more "medieval" features built into it, so if you are going for a medieval mod, that makes your job easier. For a "gunpowder" mod it makes it harder. There are exemplary mods out there with guns for Warband(L'Aigle, Star Wars, the new WIP version by Khamu, that Indopersian mod with the difficult name etc.), but they are few.
As for Gabrilduro's mods, they're different in philosophy from this mod. Gabrilduro's mods(there are 3, 1755, 1776 and 1860) are in a map of North and Central America, with larger factions. They do have a ton of stuff, but the texture quality of some things is not the best. There are also some bugs, here and there. I'm not saying that with disrespect, it is what it is. The mods are cool, there is a lot of variety in scenery and items and of course, a period and a place unique for Warband mods. The negative, if you wish to call it that, are those bugs, maybe an unbalanced nature(I am not 100% sure on that, though, as I haven't played the mods since 2013 or sth, I could be wrong) and mainly, that they haven't been updated with newer stuff. I wish someone updated them, preferably the author, as it is his vision.

This mod i smaller in scope, if you will. The map is concentrated on parts Texas and maybe Mexico(or the 1866 version of it), there are elements of spaghetti western and all that. In my sub-mod, I just wanted a bit more realism/historical accuracy and to make the mod a bit more 'serious'(there were joke items, like whiskey bottles, photos and such).

As for release, I myself am getting a bit impatient. I did not have any answer yet, so I think I'll just upload the sub-mod in the next few days. I don't have anything which is not royalty free or OSP in it, anyway, by now.

Hey, guys, these past few days I've been making and implementing to the mod a few guns that I personally think as great additions, guns that make sense being around at the time. Those includem but are not limited to, the Patterson, Grisworld&Gunnison etc.

Added to those two guns above, I've also made the Slocum revolver, a couple of pepperboxes(those were way more common than 'big' handguns), the Bliss& Goodyear Single-Action, the Cooper Pocket revolver, the C.R. Aslop revolver, a "Kentucky" rifle(I know, it's a bit earlier gun, but trappers potentially could use it still and it is SO cool a rifle to leave it out) new bullets that show as missiles, when the gun is fired, new animations and some edited sounds.

Also, and I hope that this will make some people happy, I've begun uploading the mod. I warn you, though, I have a ****ty Internet, so I expect to retry the upload a couple of times.
I'm looking forward to hear a lot of suggestions, ideas, criticism and such, when you play it.

Ok. Surprisingly, only one attempt was required at the uploading of the file. Here it is: MEGA
Just unzip it inside the vanilla M&B Modules folder. You should run the Iron Launcher executable, for the custom fonts to work.
In a couple of hours, I'll post the credits, as it is fit. Sorry for not doing it earlier. Also, if you see your work in here and you didn't receive credit or I haven't asked for permission, then I apologize. This was a personal project until very recently, developed in a span of nearly a decade. It is VERY possible that I just forgot some things I made/implemented for it. Please accept that it hasn't been done on purpose and with malicious intent, just an oversight. Just contact me or write here, in the thread, and I will fix any grievance that may be.
Thank you for understanding and enjoy! 

CREDITS

-First of all, thanks to the original mod team for this amazing mod
-Parrot, for Blood&Iron OSP Animations
-The entire Blood&Iron for the Ultimate Victorian OSP pack and the 19th century firearms OSP
-Shredzorz, for the Age of False Innocence OSP mod
-dia151, for the Sands of Egypt OSP mod
-mackie, for his OSP Weapons
-Quintillus, for some items from Europe 1805 mod, used with permission
-The Battle for Yugoslavia mod team, for their OSP mod
- -IYI-O-R-T- , for the Steam Punk and Costume OSP
-Jacobhinds, for the Ottoman Civilian Clothing OSP
-All the lovely people on Sketchfab, who made their work Royalty free for non-profit projects

Once again, I say this: If you see your work in here and you didn't receive credit or I haven't asked for permission, then I apologize. This was a personal project until very recently, developed in a span of nearly a decade. It is VERY possible that I just forgot some things I made/implemented for it. Please accept that it hasn't been done on purpose and with malicious intent, just an oversight. Just contact me or write here, in the thread, and I will fix any grievance that may be.
Thank you for understanding and enjoy! 

I hope so, too. There are good things about that game, still. And if anyones does, don't forget to play Star Wars Conquest, while waiting for Khamu to release the (amazing looking)new Warband version.  :smile:

Ah, yes. Second message updated with the link. I have also to update it with the most current changes and improvements and tidy it up a bit(it's a bit of mess). As for the automated mod list, while I remain a staunch supporter of it still, I don't think I should add the mod there. This is just a sub-mod of a great base mod. It would be a bit disrespectful if I added it to the list while the base mod isn't there. I don't know. I need more opinions on this.  :razz:

So, I installed the latest verision of M&B, 1.011 from the Taleworlds  page, I directed the installer of 1866_0.9.1 so I had an 1866 folder in my modules folder.
Then I replaced files in it with ones from your submod, but I've got no font when I load up the main menu.

What do I do? I launched it with the Iron Launcher in the 1866 folder.

Back
Top Bottom