Author Topic: [Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more  (Read 1737 times)

Antonis

• Marquis
  • Who's your daddy?
    • Steam - robespieros92
    • YouTube - Wilbur Whateley
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WBWF&SVCNW
Re: [Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 08:00:09 AM »
Unfortunately, no, there's not point like that, when a mod is considered abandonware, unless it is officially declared dead by the developer and open for use. And yes, I asked a moderator to release it, as it is basically a sub-mod(although I added as many things as I could without the module system and most of the original mod content is edited, one way or the other, from items to even sounds and some minor script tweaks -sadly, just text edits-).

Banastre

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 06:53:04 AM »
Here's hoping you get permission! 1866 made me reinstall M&B again, and even without Warband's fancier features it still holds up amazingly well.

A suggestion: would it be possible for you to add more "walkers" and guards to towns and (especially) saloons? Villages as well. It'd definitely make things feel more lively, even though settlements already feel more active than vanilla.

Antonis

• Marquis
  • Who's your daddy?
    • Steam - robespieros92
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVCNW
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 07:25:38 AM »
Hmm, good suggestion. I haven't really tried to add such things with just text files, but I can take a look at what code snippet handles amount of town walkers in the Module system and adjust accordingly. So, yes, it could very well be possible. I won't add a ton, though, as I don't want to make the mod heavy on performance. The vanilla M&B has a cap for memory usage, iirc and while I worked towards eliminating memory crashes, the game lags with, e.g. battles over 150 in number. Not heavily, but still.

Also, my next goal is to update/upgrade/develop the shaders and the skyboxes of the mod. My sub-mod already uses Iron Launchers, like in Star Wars Conquest, because I have custom Fonts and such.

Red River

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 10:17:02 PM »
interesting.
if you want feedback/help I can test it if you have a download link...

Antonis

• Marquis
  • Who's your daddy?
    • Steam - robespieros92
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVCNW
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 07:41:09 AM »
Thanks for the interest! The mod is 100% playable, there are no bugs, type errors or anything. What I would need help with is historical background, corrections and such. Due to not having the module system available, I didn't add any new code-based features or (what I would really like to have) new environments and weather options. Also, until I receive permission for some of the things I use, I cannot share the mod, sadly. I hope that during this week or fortnight, at most, I will have it. Then, I welcome anyone to participate and change/suggest anything. I am by no means an expert at the history of the Old West, any help would be most welcome. Thanks!  :)

Ningauble

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »
So this won't ever be available for Warband ?

Is Gabrilduro's 1860s Old America a " permitted " Warband version of this 1866, then ?

( By the look of your improvements list I would prefer to play yours, now !  And no recent activity from Gabrilduro, as well. A shame  )
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 09:51:12 AM by Ningauble »

Antonis

• Marquis
  • Who's your daddy?
    • Steam - robespieros92
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVCNW
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2019, 10:05:19 AM »
That's for the vanilla M&B, not Warband. To be honest, Warband has a lot more "medieval" features built into it, so if you are going for a medieval mod, that makes your job easier. For a "gunpowder" mod it makes it harder. There are exemplary mods out there with guns for Warband(L'Aigle, Star Wars, the new WIP version by Khamu, that Indopersian mod with the difficult name etc.), but they are few.
As for Gabrilduro's mods, they're different in philosophy from this mod. Gabrilduro's mods(there are 3, 1755, 1776 and 1860) are in a map of North and Central America, with larger factions. They do have a ton of stuff, but the texture quality of some things is not the best. There are also some bugs, here and there. I'm not saying that with disrespect, it is what it is. The mods are cool, there is a lot of variety in scenery and items and of course, a period and a place unique for Warband mods. The negative, if you wish to call it that, are those bugs, maybe an unbalanced nature(I am not 100% sure on that, though, as I haven't played the mods since 2013 or sth, I could be wrong) and mainly, that they haven't been updated with newer stuff. I wish someone updated them, preferably the author, as it is his vision.

This mod i smaller in scope, if you will. The map is concentrated on parts Texas and maybe Mexico(or the 1866 version of it), there are elements of spaghetti western and all that. In my sub-mod, I just wanted a bit more realism/historical accuracy and to make the mod a bit more 'serious'(there were joke items, like whiskey bottles, photos and such).

As for release, I myself am getting a bit impatient. I did not have any answer yet, so I think I'll just upload the sub-mod in the next few days. I don't have anything which is not royalty free or OSP in it, anyway, by now.

arizonese

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2019, 09:21:42 PM »
Release it dude lol
AZ

Antonis

• Marquis
  • Who's your daddy?
    • Steam - robespieros92
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVCNW
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 05:48:14 PM »
Hey, guys, these past few days I've been making and implementing to the mod a few guns that I personally think as great additions, guns that make sense being around at the time. Those includem but are not limited to, the Patterson, Grisworld&Gunnison etc.

arlvent21

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2019, 10:05:17 AM »
Now that's a fine addition  :party:

Antonis

• Marquis
  • Who's your daddy?
    • Steam - robespieros92
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVCNW
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2019, 10:16:51 AM »
Added to those two guns above, I've also made the Slocum revolver, a couple of pepperboxes(those were way more common than 'big' handguns), the Bliss& Goodyear Single-Action, the Cooper Pocket revolver, the C.R. Aslop revolver, a "Kentucky" rifle(I know, it's a bit earlier gun, but trappers potentially could use it still and it is SO cool a rifle to leave it out) new bullets that show as missiles, when the gun is fired, new animations and some edited sounds.

Also, and I hope that this will make some people happy, I've begun uploading the mod. I warn you, though, I have a **** Internet, so I expect to retry the upload a couple of times.
I'm looking forward to hear a lot of suggestions, ideas, criticism and such, when you play it.

Ok. Surprisingly, only one attempt was required at the uploading of the file. Here it is: MEGA
Just unzip it inside the vanilla M&B Modules folder. You should run the Iron Launcher executable, for the custom fonts to work.
In a couple of hours, I'll post the credits, as it is fit. Sorry for not doing it earlier. Also, if you see your work in here and you didn't receive credit or I haven't asked for permission, then I apologize. This was a personal project until very recently, developed in a span of nearly a decade. It is VERY possible that I just forgot some things I made/implemented for it. Please accept that it hasn't been done on purpose and with malicious intent, just an oversight. Just contact me or write here, in the thread, and I will fix any grievance that may be.
Thank you for understanding and enjoy! 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 12:40:13 PM by Antonis »

Antonis

• Marquis
  • Who's your daddy?
    • Steam - robespieros92
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVCNW
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2019, 01:35:04 PM »
CREDITS

-First of all, thanks to the original mod team for this amazing mod
-Parrot, for Blood&Iron OSP Animations
-The entire Blood&Iron for the Ultimate Victorian OSP pack and the 19th century firearms OSP
-Shredzorz, for the Age of False Innocence OSP mod
-dia151, for the Sands of Egypt OSP mod
-mackie, for his OSP Weapons
-Quintillus, for some items from Europe 1805 mod, used with permission
-The Battle for Yugoslavia mod team, for their OSP mod
- -IYI-O-R-T- , for the Steam Punk and Costume OSP
-Jacobhinds, for the Ottoman Civilian Clothing OSP
-All the lovely people on Sketchfab, who made their work Royalty free for non-profit projects

Once again, I say this: If you see your work in here and you didn't receive credit or I haven't asked for permission, then I apologize. This was a personal project until very recently, developed in a span of nearly a decade. It is VERY possible that I just forgot some things I made/implemented for it. Please accept that it hasn't been done on purpose and with malicious intent, just an oversight. Just contact me or write here, in the thread, and I will fix any grievance that may be.
Thank you for understanding and enjoy! 

Dj_FRedy

• Count
  • "game_start"
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2019, 12:32:10 AM »
Congratulations on the release, Antonis, a good opportunity for Western fans to return again to the mod.
"Lately I have had little time to play. That is the downside of modding. And once you get behind the scenes (no pun intended) some of the magic disappears. You start contemplating ways to change the game instead of just playing and having fun. Suddenly it is more fun modding than actually playing".
Adorno

Antonis

• Marquis
  • Who's your daddy?
    • Steam - robespieros92
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVCNW
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2019, 05:36:38 AM »
Thank you!

InVain

• Count
  • Where is the madness in this method?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2019, 09:23:01 PM »
Good thing you finally released this, Antonis! :) I hope this will make a lot of people reinstall good ol' M&B.