Author Topic: Dev Blog 23/05/19  (Read 11653 times)

FBohler

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WBNWWF&S
Re: Dev Blog 23/05/19
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 12:38:53 AM »
Next blog will be as dull as this one.
Old news being told over and over again..
Nitpickers gonna nitpick.
Video games aren't perfect counterparts of reality.

SenorZorros

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2019, 12:47:32 AM »
(click to show/hide)
No, that's actually pretty much how it works. castles were regularly passed if they were not worth taking due to cost/gain and if you had a large traveling army there was, and still is, no reason not to pass by. The main issue with passing by castles is that if you have a supply train they can raid it as well as possible merchants and other travelers. While I think it might be interesting to implement features relating to land usage, plundering and scorched earth as well as some automation of patrols I don't think a magical barrier is the correct option. A castle couldn't project it's power except by using it's garrison which is already in the game.

again, the only exception may be castles that are built at and block mountain passes, bridges, crossings or other natural obstacles but otherwise ignoring a castle should be fair game.

Triune Impurity Rites 999

• Sergeant
  • Domedon Doxomedon
    • Steam - painkiller31
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Golgathian
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2019, 01:52:11 AM »
Here's to next Thursday, my dudes!  :party:
The three obscure states of Mankind in Malkuth:

Adam in Darkness 9
Eve in Damnation 9
Seth in Death 9

Orula

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 01:57:31 AM »
Another game came out. Actors performance in 3 different languages (English, French and German), motion capture, lots of animations, facial scan, story driven, insane graphics, and it is from an indie company. "A Plague Tale Innocence".

And here you are, 8 years in developent to make a creepy stabbing animation with a couple of keyframes, and characters that say "GRRR" when angry. What you have to say? Oh oh my game has a lot of calculations, and we made our own engine blah blah, excuses. 2 + 2 = 4, and "If (this condition is True) Then Execute This Stuff, Else Execute This Other Stuff".

I thinks this "game" was reduced to weekly blogs. Its time to think: should we call Bannerlord a "videogame" or a "blog site"?

Michadr

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Perisno Lead Developer
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/michadr
    • Twitter - @realmichadr
    • Twitch.tv - http://www.twitch.tv/michadr/
    • YouTube - michaeldecker7
    • View Profile
    • Perisno
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Michadr
  • WBM&BVC
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 02:08:20 AM »
Kind of underwhelming dev blog... But it is what it is right?

vicwiz007

• D
  • Knight
  • Lord Jar Jar Binks, 52 BBY - ∞
    • Steam - 0900730
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: M&B Wars Ep IV - No Hope
  • WBNWVCM&BWF&S
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2019, 03:12:47 AM »
What sort of discussion could we possibly have about this? What little there was to have, has been done since 2017.

I thought I was reading a necro'd blog/thread until I triple checked the date.

Auzriel

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2019, 04:01:31 AM »
Can you guys instead of writing blogs, record your video sessions of what you are testing instead? Your QA guy plays the game everyday, why can't you just have him record whatever he is testing then upload to youtube, instead of you know... this sad excuse of a blog.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2019, 04:43:00 AM »
As Stillborn's multiplayer beta draws ever closer, we thought it would be a good time to discuss another of the game’s exciting game modes: Captain Mode.

Read more at: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Stillborn/Blog/404

monoolho

• Squire
  • Mono Oculus ibn Amir Uszas
    • Skype - monoolho
    • Steam - monoolho
    • Twitter - monoolho
    • YouTube - UCsDsuBVycc5rUM1LjItivtQ
    • View Profile
    • I sell fountain pens as Conde Caneteiro on Instagram
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: monoolho
  • WBNWWF&SM&BVC
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2019, 05:03:03 AM »
What sort of discussion could we possibly have about this? What little there was to have, has been done since 2017.

I thought I was reading a necro'd blog/thread until I triple checked the date.
I seriously thought it was an error or a broken link pointing to an old blog. Curiously enough, t'wasn't. And i saw it was a new blog after reaching half of it. They had us in the first half, not gonna lie.

Too bad the rest was more of the same. Nothing bad, a good intro on captain mode for newbs, but it'd make a heck of a lot of sense if it was releasee with/ right before the beta release, which would also be odd, since its mostly forum goers - ergo veterans - that will have access to the beta and its captain mode.

Are you releasing the beta this month?

Nothing else impresses me anymore, but i can't help but feel a spark of surpise with this speculative reasoning.

Can you guys instead of writing blogs, record your video sessions of what you are testing instead? Your QA guy plays the game everyday, why can't you just have him record whatever he is testing then upload to youtube, instead of you know... this sad excuse of a blog.
This in addition to the blogs. 30 seconds of you guys editing and using the software, and 5 seconds of the good stuff (BL gameplay) would probably suffice much of the criticism.

Edit: fixed the quoted remark, couldn't write it before.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 07:22:57 AM by monoolho »
>I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
>monoolho diz: zeus era liferuler, cuspia raios, peidava trovões e comia todas as deusas.
>"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - CARLIN, George. 2001.

Kodlak Jorrvas

• Squire
  • The Hottest Companion
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: [Jorrvas]Kodlak
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2019, 05:26:50 AM »
Another game came out. Actors performance in 3 different languages (English, French and German), motion capture, lots of animations, facial scan, story driven, insane graphics, and it is from an indie company. "A Plague Tale Innocence".

And here you are, 8 years in developent to make a creepy stabbing animation with a couple of keyframes, and characters that say "GRRR" when angry. What you have to say? Oh oh my game has a lot of calculations, and we made our own engine blah blah, excuses. 2 + 2 = 4, and "If (this condition is True) Then Execute This Stuff, Else Execute This Other Stuff".

I thinks this "game" was reduced to weekly blogs. Its time to think: should we call Bannerlord a "videogame" or a "blog site"?
Man this game prly has to calculate how your enemy ai will take a dump of its winter and you have a 20% bigger army while that plague ass tale has to make you go from point a to point B, imagine they needed 300 ass npc thinking which way will attack with no plans while the other game is 80% scripted, yeah <have a nice day>
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 02:06:32 PM by Orion »

Ristridin

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2019, 05:39:04 AM »
"This means that players that perhaps aren’t the best with the combat system in the game can still be highly effective in Captain Mode, purely through using superior strategy and tactics"
Good, I'm going to be unbeatable/-defeatable (is that a word? :)  ) :wink:

"and by effectively communicating with their teammates of course!" Nevermind... :wink: :D

As to the comments about 'no new info/releasedate/screenshots/videos/whatever comes up'
What did you expect, the game isn't finished, it's a so called WIP, there is only so much that can be shared with us because there is only so much that is ready and won't change anymore. Also, I'm glad they keep stuff from us, that makes discovering the game(world) more interesting. Don't expect these blogs to become some kind of wikipedia about the game while it's release isn't even announced yet, it simply is not possible to tell/show us everything from the game. I would like to read/see as much about the game as everyone here, but until TW shows us or I can buy the game, I won't be able to. Info will get there when the stuff it's about is ready.
-- 'You have to ask someone else' -- M&B characters need to learn to not judge a book by it's cover, i needed to steal from those villages, my men were starving, i'll pay it back, honest. *mumbling* you pompous highborn piece of backstabbing, big army wielding, impossible to beat yet, nasty little, ..............

Hey!, no comments, you all have been there :)

Calamity

• Il Padrino
  • Forum Legend
    • Steam - wkcalamity
    • Twitter - BladeCast_TV
    • Twitch.tv - BladeCast_TV
    • YouTube - UCoXCEQnqetWPMSBVTgJDftw
    • View Profile
    • BladeCast
  • MP nick: wK_Calamity
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2019, 06:00:01 AM »
Another ******* multiplayer blog. This game sounds like it focusing more and more on becoming the new overwatch, and there is a declining number of singleplayer blogs. Have you already exausted all the features you can write for the singleplayer that you resort to multiplayer? Or focusing on multiplayer more to change your brand to multiplayer battles? Or both?

You do realize 90%+ of the blogs are single player focused right? 

Try and name out of the 111 blogs 10 of them that focus on multi-player. How dare them gear up for beta and explain the mode more in-depth. Big surprise a new account crawls out of the woodwork with his 2 cents.  :roll:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 07:26:29 AM by Calamity »
People unite to the defense of our godfather calamity.
No wonder people talk about you as a godfather

Orula

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2019, 06:53:23 AM »
Man this game prly has to calculate how your enemy ai will take a dump of its winter and you have a 20% bigger army while that plague ass tale has to make you go from point a to point B, imagine they needed 300 ass npc thinking which way will attack with no plans while the other game is 80% scripted, yeah suck a big dick

That was just an example because it was released recently (you need to read better). If you want to count how many games have been released in 8 years lets start (including lot of games that makes much more IA calculations and world calculation). No excuses. Obviously you are not a programmer, smart neither.

DtheHun

• Sergeant Knight
  • MLP nick: Peach Zephyr
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • M&BWB
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2019, 07:19:04 AM »
Hype booster engine on. See, how long the fuel lasts.

Thanks for the answer.

Do not look here

• Duke
  • Well, ich bin dobry cattolico, as well now
    • View Profile
  • WBVCM&B
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2019, 08:02:55 AM »
This in addition to the blogs. 30 seconds of you guys editing and using the software, and 5 seconds of the good stuff (BL gameplay) would probably suffice much of the criticism.
I know that you know it's not true. People were saying the same thing in the old Bannerlord thread, 'come on, guys, give us anything, single screenshot weekly would be enough'.

I do understand them, you don't want to put too much effort into regular devblogs that have no end date, you just set the bar pretty low. Hopefully they'll pick up the pace after the beta starts and, I assume, release date will be set soon after. Unless they will shift focus on the beta players totally and devblogs will become neglected orphans.
Naprawdę dobry cattolico!