Endgame Infantry in your opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Im just curious. I have received mixed responses on this. I used to hear Toralnia has the best infantry but that's only time and cost wise.

So, in your opinion, if you have to field a high number of infantry in mid to late game, which will it be?
(discounting troops that cant be obtained normally like exclusive fief guardians or Red Immortals)

Proven Warrior?
Iron Clad?
Mountain Keeper?
Huscarl?
Northguard?

In my opinion:

Best sword and board infantry is Sut Chieftain's Guard, especially in siege battles, but they lack speed and agility (because for some reason devs decided to make their equipment really heavy, even though only giants can use them).

Two handed: Maccavian Knight of Steel, they are quite versatile with ranged abilities and have huge hp pool.

Two handed: Maccavian Knight of Steel, they are quite versatile with ranged abilities and have huge hp pool.
Valahir 2h infantry and dwarven MKs are much better as shocktroopers, harder to train though because of high lvl > high lvl upgrade in last tiers. Knights of Steel more suited for defensive gameplay.
Best sword and board infantry is Sut Chieftain's Guard, especially in siege battles, but they lack speed and agility (because for some reason devs decided to make their equipment really heavy, even though only giants can use them)
They are better only in terms of theoretical survivability, in fact even legionares are better sword+board frontline (very easy to replace, decent armor, decently fast melee weapon allows less downtime for shield block, throwing weapons for hill/siege defence). Or we can take walking barrels of steel - Iron Guardsmen, with nearly impenetrable shields, strongest armor, high hp and blunt weapon on top.

Valahir Asbjarls and Vassargls alongside with Mountain Keepers are my personal favourites. Sabovalars would be there too but they take waaaaay too long to upgrade.

Valahir are my overall choice for Infantry. I wouldn't rely on Dawrves for fast training, and Maccavian infantry just isn't my type.

As other's have said, Valahir are the go to options for infantry. I find Knights of Steel to be quite excellent though, being decent marksmen and remarkably hard to kill. They excel at sieges, but even on an open field, they tend to do well, functioning as both archers and heavy infantry. They're essentialy tougher, less skilled Crimson Ranger's, but are much easier to train up.
Also, while hard to obtain, the Falcon infantry are amazing due to their incredibly heavy armour and excellent weapons.

Are the Valahir Troops tanky at all? How do they do against heavy cavalry troops like the Reich des Drachen or the Falcons? I've never tried them before so I'm really curious on how well they can do.

ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
Are the Valahir Troops tanky at all? How do they do against heavy cavalry troops like the Reich des Drachen or the Falcons? I've never tried them before so I'm really curious on how well they can do.
Not quite since they don't have polearms.

Valahir can do decently against cavalry, but strategy is important. Grouping your infantry together to prevent cavalry from just tearing through them is really nice.

Teyrn said:
Valahir Asbjarls and Vassargls alongside with Mountain Keepers are my personal favourites. Sabovalars would be there too but they take waaaaay too long to upgrade.

Well, about the sabovalar, it seems that you can recruit them for 3600 aurums each, after the completion of the Third Legion quest, if you have some money to spend. :wink: (https://perisno.fandom.com/wiki/Third_Sabovalar)

Don't know how their dual-wielding swords fare against arrows, however...

arduus said:
In my opinion:

Best sword and board infantry is Sut Chieftain's Guard, especially in siege battles, but they lack speed and agility (because for some reason devs decided to make their equipment really heavy, even though only giants can use them).

I've tried them once in a siege : I was with the Drach, and the poor guys just kept getting crushed by the Tolranians' morningstars, while trying to climb the wall. I was hidden somewhere in a tower, keeping my last crossbow bolt to shoot myself in the head, until my Sut Chieftains came to the rescue. I'm not sure why, if it's the combination with their size and hard hitting axe that allow them to hit the head of besieged units while climbing a wall, but they litteraly ate up the defenders, until one of my Berserkers found the last remaining ennemy soldiers having a nervous breakdown in the latrine section of the castle.  :lol:

So yeah... they're kind of slow and need to be combined with fast hitting troops, but they are somewhat fast to train and sure as hell can take a beating.

They are also one the only sword and board I know that can fight back heavy cav with relative ease (due to their size and tankiness?).

Armchair General said:
Teyrn said:

Well, about the sabovalar, it seems that you can recruit them for 3600 aurums each, after the completion of the Third Legion quest, if you have some money to spend. :wink: (https://perisno.fandom.com/wiki/Third_Sabovalar)

Don't know how their dual-wielding swords fare against arrows, however...

arduus said:
In my opinion:

I've tried them once in a siege : I was with the Drach, and the poor guys just kept getting crushed by the Tolranians' morningstars, while trying to climb the wall. I was hidden somewhere in a tower, keeping my last crossbow bolt to shoot myself in the head, until my Sut Chieftains came to the rescue. I'm not sure why, if it's the combination with their size and hard hitting axe that allow them to hit the head of besieged units while climbing a wall, but they litteraly ate up the defenders, until one of my Berserkers found the last remaining ennemy soldiers having a nervous breakdown in the latrine section of the castle.  :lol:

So yeah... they're kind of slow and need to be combined with fast hitting troops, but they are somewhat fast to train and sure as hell can take a beating.

They are also one the only sword and board I know that can fight back heavy cav with relative ease (due to their size and tankiness?).

Those swords can handle a whole lot. They having around 2KHP, and their coverage increase with the shield skill, well beyond what a sword can actually hold.

Back
Top Bottom