SP Medieval In the name of Jerusalem V1.4995 (Update 2020/2/21)

Users who are viewing this thread

Afyrius said:
Hi, great mod.

So far I have encountered no problems, aside the high cpu/ram consumption it requires, and its consequences (drop in fps, music stops from time to time), but great nonetheless.

One issue, I'm currently in the second half of the hospitaller quest (2 hospitaller brothers agree with me), in Acre there's only the templar hq, in the town there is a hospitaller hq, but when I speak with the monk there are no other option but goodbye. Can you help me?
You need to have 3 knights that have more than 15 relationship with you

now thats the reason to keep my Warband installed. looks absolutely fantastic, thanks a lot for this.
hope you'd keep the upcoming updates available on moddb for those of us with the non-Steam version of the game.
thanks again and the best of luck with this project :grin:

Another report: I'm now about 110 days and Ayyubids are really hard to handle (they have conquered Jerusalem and 4 cities), i have saved Tripoli by reconquering it (130 vs 110 siege) and it was given to William de St Omer cause i was only a mercenary :dead: (i don't remenber if you have to be noble for having the possibility the king give you a town).

Sieges are fun but they could need some balancing:

I think siege should allow defenders to spawn more troops than attackers (like 1/3 for attacker and 2/3 for defender) cause sometimes you have hundred of archers but many walls are without archers and so the attackers don't have so many loss because attackers got many props to protect themselves and defender have not as many archers as he could. Maybe allowing to spawn in priority archers/mounted archers/skirmishers for defenders could fix the balance ? Cause its really too easy for attacker to protect his troops destroy the door of city quite fast with battering ram (does killing the guys who push the ram or behind it slow it ? its feels like not) and then flood you. As en exemple i'm now on a siege in Tyre 2100 attackers vs 1100 defenders (its not a bad spot for defender and should be pretty easy to kill many attackers). The city of Tyre are very high walls with two floor for archers and a central towers and they are at some places empty of archers defenders, i think the  first thing you would do ina siege a fill your walls with archers everywhere you can. I want to save Tyre cause thier is my first enterprise of beer without  whom i would have finish bankrupt: beer is the best way to fund a Crusade !

You have little problems in scenes some units in Tyre spawn in interior of walls (i'll try put screenshots later).

I have noticed a bug when you have a battle near a river if you enter the battle by the side near the river the battle bug and become a naval battle under water. If you enter the same battle by another side the battle is on a normal terrain.

Sarkiss said:
now thats the reason to keep my Warband installed. looks absolutely fantastic, thanks a lot for this.
hope you'd keep the upcoming updates available on moddb for those of us with the non-Steam version of the game.
thanks again and the best of luck with this project :grin:
Yes the moddb version is available and will keep update

Ettenrocal said:
Another report: I'm now about 110 days and Ayyubids are really hard to handle (they have conquered Jerusalem and 4 cities), i have saved Tripoli by reconquering it (130 vs 110 siege) and it was given to William de St Omer cause i was only a mercenary :dead: (i don't remenber if you have to be noble for having the possibility the king give you a town).

Sieges are fun but they could need some balancing:

I think siege should allow defenders to spawn more troops than attackers (like 1/3 for attacker and 2/3 for defender) cause sometimes you have hundred of archers but many walls are without archers and so the attackers don't have so many loss because attackers got many props to protect themselves and defender have not as many archers as he could. Maybe allowing to spawn in priority archers/mounted archers/skirmishers for defenders could fix the balance ? Cause its really too easy for attacker to protect his troops destroy the door of city quite fast with battering ram (does killing the guys who push the ram or behind it slow it ? its feels like not) and then flood you. As en exemple i'm now on a siege in Tyre 2100 attackers vs 1100 defenders (its not a bad spot for defender and should be pretty easy to kill many attackers). The city of Tyre are very high walls with two floor for archers and a central towers and they are at some places empty of archers defenders, i think the  first thing you would do ina siege a fill your walls with archers everywhere you can. I want to save Tyre cause thier is my first enterprise of beer without  whom i would have finish bankrupt: beer is the best way to fund a Crusade !

You have little problems in scenes some units in Tyre spawn in interior of walls (i'll try put screenshots later).

I have noticed a bug when you have a battle near a river if you enter the battle by the side near the river the battle bug and become a naval battle under water. If you enter the same battle by another side the battle is on a normal terrain.
The spawn problem was fixed now :wink:. Muslims are strong during saladin ruled period.We would like to add more role into this mod like Richard I and Barbarosa.The river battle is a annoyed bug and we noticed that . it was fixed yesterday. In this weekend we will upload a new patch :grin:

Nice !!! Cause for now the sieges are really hard for defenders which is little bit paradoxal. I agree Muslims are very strong under Saladin but also Templars and Crusaders were known for their impungnable strongholds !

Richard come with the third crusade in June 1191. A little bit later: 4 years later, so if you can integrate these events coud be cool !

Ettenrocal said:
Nice !!! Cause for now the sieges are really hard for defenders which is little bit paradoxal. I agree Muslims are very strong under Saladin but also Templars and Crusaders were known for their impungnable strongholds !

Richard come with the third crusade in June 1191. A little bit later: 4 years later, so if you can integrate these events coud be cool !
We may consider that in future :grin:

Also you should also consider making Turcopoles light-mounted cavalry archers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turcopole https://medium.com/@gocebe/turcopole-ef3b86deebb5 Most i've seen so far are just medium lancers ?

Like this:
417327_10150679463497520_296933729_n.jpg

K5KdQBP.jpg

hospitallersergeants_zps424a5503.jpg

Maybe you could do some Turcopoles with one handed weapons (sword, mace) and some with bow and lance. The officer of Turcoples was called "Turcopolier" he was a sub officer a little better than a sergeant.

some observations from my engagement with this fantastic mod so far:

- Armenia and Ayyubids are different shades of yellow? would be better to have them in two distinct colours instead imho

- speaking of Armenia, here is the old research thread that could be used for Armenian coat of arms for individual lords etc: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,258926.msg6211440.html#msg6211440

- no battle formations? armies clash in a straight on mob brawl, it seems, especially infantry. something similar to Viking Conquests formations would be great

- battle horn is still a tad too loud imho

- ground textures are too grim and uniform across the map. would be nice to have more greenery and vegetation in places like Levant, Nile Delta etc

- what are the advantages of Enhanced Graphics? all they do is make things darker and blurry. couldnt play with them on at all. am i missing something?

- great to see lance recruitment system from 1257 being adopted

- there are some really nice soundtracks in this 1257 sub-mod that perhaps could be added in?: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,354735.0.html

- faces need some updating if possible, and the face also seems to reset to a particular face no matter what you chose? (playing as a lord)

overall a great mod, made me reinstall my Warband last night. really looking forward to the mod being developed further. thanks a lot for all the hard work, gents.

Great suggestions of  Sarkis, i agree at 100%, noticed same things and yeah the horn is always too loud in 1.02 when you play the night you afraid to wake up your neighbours :mrgreen:

For the banner of Armenian Cilicia the one they got is "good" too, i've found also the true historical banner for Cyprus who is under the rule of "Isaak Doukas Comnenus" "Byzantium" independant king of Chypre with banner:
1200px-Isaak_Comnenus_of_Cyprus_flag.svg.png
If you need more info about some lords etc... ask me.

If you want to know other things: Pincipality of Antioche was mostly of Norman/Italo-norman culture. County of Tripoly was Frankish culture from the south of france speaking"Langue d'oc" And Kingdom of Jerusalem was French/Flemish culture from north of france speaking langue "d'oïl". There was also many italians Venitian and Genoese, for making business and controlling the sea.

Also what can we do with all that townsmen and villagers ? They are quite useless or maybe i didn't undertand something ? If we could give them back to towns and villages in exchange of some renown or honour, would be great.

Have fun with the mod guys its really something you should try !

agreed, would highly recommend this mod to anyone interested in historical settings.

found a bug: there is a wrong scene when you get ambushed in Tarsus. the scene is of a port/coastal city even though Tarsus is in land.

Sarkiss said:
agreed, would highly recommend this mod to anyone interested in historical settings.

found a bug: there is a wrong scene when you get ambushed in Tarsus. the scene is of a port/coastal city even though Tarsus is in land.
Our scene pack is not complete yet, we will add some more in future.

In this map warriors can fight under waters: few AI mesh barrier shoud be needed :grin:

86719DCA6C9E30DF8EB362A37BCB37C52CD0D91A

Also i was wondering if battlefields are not too small sometimes cause arab heavy cavalry just rush you and you don't have time take positions. It become a massive butchery were light arab archers are a pain to pursuit. If turcopoles was more a light archer cavalry it could balance this, also more big battlefields sometimes ? or a  pre battle deploiment option ?

I started another game (Ayyubid just toke Jerusalem but we resist) i desesperately try to free Balian of Ibelin from Ayyubid jails and make him become my friend :mrgreen: I flood latin states with my beer to fund my army and i hope free him one day :iamamoron:.

Also on an historical side each game i made i see Antioch invading Armenian Cillicia; main ennemies of Cillicia are Byzantium and Seldjoukides and there was frontier/political problems with Antioch you're right but it was not a complete hate, and there was a succession war but it was in 1200's (they were sometimes allies and ennemies but muslims was their main ennemy, so would Antioch completely wipe out Armenian Cilicia, i'm not sure !?)

Ettenrocal said:
In this map warriors can fight under waters: few AI mesh barrier shoud be needed :grin:

86719DCA6C9E30DF8EB362A37BCB37C52CD0D91A

Also i was wondering if battlefields are not too small sometimes cause arab heavy cavalry just rush you and you don't have time take positions. It become a massive butchery were light arab archers are a pain to pursuit. If turcopoles was more a light archer cavalry it could balance this, also more big battlefields sometimes ? or a  pre battle deploiment option ?

I started another game (Ayyubid just toke Jerusalem but we resist) i desesperately try to free Balian of Ibelin from Ayyubid jails and make him become my friend :mrgreen: I flood latin states with my beer to fund my army and i hope free him one day :iamamoron:.
Just give you a little bit more information because you contribute a lot. Balian will be playable as well as additional features in 1.1. We may take few more weeks to stabilize current game, but we have our plan now.

Ettenrocal said:
Also you should also consider making Turcopoles light-mounted cavalry archers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turcopole https://medium.com/@gocebe/turcopole-ef3b86deebb5 Most i've seen so far are just medium lancers ?

Like this:
417327_10150679463497520_296933729_n.jpg

K5KdQBP.jpg

hospitallersergeants_zps424a5503.jpg

Maybe you could do some Turcopoles with one handed weapons (sword, mace) and some with bow and lance. The officer of Turcoples was called "Turcopolier" he was a sub officer a little better than a sergeant.
Hell yeah! We might design a new Turcopolier as a vertern Turcople. There is a detail you could find:when a  Turcople broken his lance he would be a horse archer and shoot :razz:

Ettenrocal said:
Great suggestions of  Sarkis, i agree at 100%, noticed same things and yeah the horn is always too loud in 1.02 when you play the night you afraid to wake up your neighbours :mrgreen:

For the banner of Armenian Cilicia the one they got is "good" too, i've found also the true historical banner for Cyprus who is under the rule of "Isaak Doukas Comnenus" "Byzantium" independant king of Chypre with banner:
1200px-Isaak_Comnenus_of_Cyprus_flag.svg.png
If you need more info about some lords etc... ask me.

If you want to know other things: Pincipality of Antioche was mostly of Norman/Italo-norman culture. County of Tripoly was Frankish culture from the south of france speaking"Langue d'oc" And Kingdom of Jerusalem was French/Flemish culture from north of france speaking langue "d'oïl". There was also many italians Venitian and Genoese, for making business and controlling the sea.

Also what can we do with all that townsmen and villagers ? They are quite useless or maybe i didn't undertand something ? If we could give them back to towns and villages in exchange of some renown or honour, would be great.

Have fun with the mod guys its really something you should try !
This heraldry I made it for a greek shield but to be honest the paint is so ugly :neutral: But we might change the banner of cyprus to be this because it's true history.

Back
Top Bottom