SP Medieval In the name of Jerusalem V1.4995 (Update 2020/2/21)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry for I forget to update this mod on forum for toooooooo long. We will introduce complete version which is 1.5 few weeks after. And whole describesion will be overhaul later. Please check the latest version in moddb.

Preface:

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

This mod was originally started in 2011 inspired by the classic film Kingdom of Heaven. But it never release until 2019, this mod has relaunched and remastered. Well, I can assume that this mod is much older than Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord. Fortunately, it will be releasing much earlier than Bannerlord though :razz:

Note: This mod does not have any relation with other mod that have similar title of it, all the resources and code implemented in this mod are clearly stated in Credit below.

Mod background:

In 1187 A.D, two major religion has clashed in the Holy Land once again. Baldwin V of Jerusalem was pass in young age, and Guy de Lusignan become a new king of Jerusalem. While Saladin, founder of the Ayyubid dynasty, start to launch his Jihad, aims to reconquer the Holy Land and push the crusade out once for all. Will you fight for salvation as Crusader or become the sword of Allah? Or, would you like to end the misery of the Holy Land by your own way?

Factions:

Kingdom of Jerusalem (The County of Tripoli is included)

Ayubbid Sultanate

Principality of Antioch

Principality of Armenia

Sultanate of Rum

Cyprus (Greek faction, WIP)

Features (What has been done so far)

Realistic siege system:

Siege weapon remaster: there are multiple ladders during siege instead of one, so you can flood enemy’s castle with your superior number. But be careful, the castle wall are no longer the single wall that made in Native, but it is based in historical figure that are deployed in scientific and efficient way, you will be attacked from multiple direction once you entered the castle. So, just like the real warfare, it is not an easy job to siege a well defended castle. There are number of weapons you can use in this mod.

Battering ram: Just like Bannerlord, you can break the gate with battering ram, and your man can rush into the castle directly.

Siege tower: A remastered siege tower that bigger than Native, it is taller, stronger, and you can even put your rangers on the top and shoot the enemy.

Siege from the ocean: There are some towns and castle use sea as their natural defense. But don’t worry, you can attack them from the sea! Unlike Viking conquest DLC, there is a massive siege tower on the ship.

Ballista: You can destroy enemy’s siege weapon or give mass damage by this deadly weapon.

More siege weapon WIP, such as trebuchet.

Realistic fight

Realistic fight and logistics: Lance will be break from great shock damage, and cavalry will get injured from falling on the horse. Except food, water and oat are also essential supplies for your troops. If you don’t have enough water, your troop will get tried; if you don’t have oat, your horses will starve.

Rebalanced arms and armor: All weapon are adjusted closer toward reality, you need to choose your weapon according your need. While heavy armor is not the best option, as it may limit your physical ability during the battle.

Loot system.: After a great battle, you can clean the battlefield and collect your loot, the looting time is depending on your skills and number of loots. While in freelancer mod, you can loot anything from battlefield, including the horse you get from the enemy!

Troop exhaustion: Your troop can not stand from long time march. You need to rest or set up camp when your people get tried. Otherwise, your troop will suffer and there might be a chance of rebellion!

Caravan raid: You can assault caravan in ambush, it would be the best if you can raid the rich merchant. If you killed innocent poor people, you won’t get any coin from them, and you will have some more troubles.

Sandstorm: In the desert of holy land, you may have chance to experience sandstorm, this will harm your moral and reduce moving speed.

Hunting system: The holy land has plenty of opportunity and danger. Poor peasant from Egypt may ask you to kill their local wolf and crocodile. You can also shoot down the eagle on the sky.

Massive and realistic battlefield: The battlefield is not random generated; they are all made by hand just like Bannerlord. It looks massive and immersive.

Outpost: Village is no longer defenseless; you can build an outpost to stop the raiding from you enemy. Well, if you have enough troop there

Cavalry charge: cavalry will form their formation in the beginning of battle, the elite troop will charge forward. You can experience the historical cavalry battle in the game. While the horse archer is smarter as well, they know how to utilize their ability to engage and disengage the enemy.

Sea battle: Raise the sail, boarding enemy’s ship!

Immersive system:

Historical religion background system: You can start as a lord, have their own fief and relationship network. Your family and religion background really decide what is your path. A Christian may find hard to live in Islamic society, while Muslim may not be trusted by Christian as well. This is the general social norm in 12th century in the Middle East.

Caravan system: You can start your business in the holy land. Find the guild master and organizing a caravan, you can get loads of profit from trade. But don’t forget that business always involve risks!

Levy system: Like in 1257 AD Mod, the only way to recruit regular army is from your fief. As a lord, you can organize for feudal army from your population, or you can gathering the nobility within your land. So you won’t have a situation where you can train a peasant to a knight in one night. But you can still look for mercenaries from towns and castles, or, you can searching for warrior who are wondering around in the Holy Land.

Freelancer: You can become a soldier under a lord, gain experience and prestige from battles. You can also get equipment from troop or loot. [Note: The Tripoli region is the best place for warmonger]

Historical scene: There are many scenes that are based on historical figures. And every NPC is working on their own business which give you an immersive experience in the Holy Land. It is still work in progress, but we will definently bring some more content in future.

Diplomacy: A enhanced feature based on Diplomacy mod.

Knight Order and Ghulam system: You can join the knight of Order, but you need to prove your ability toward order master, and swear your loyalty toward the God and never engage with any female. Then you can become a priest, take your gear and protect Jerusalem. If you are an Emir in Muslim faction, you can hire a slave commander, training loyalty and fearsome Ghulam slave warrior who can fight for you in Jihad.

Assistant NPC system: Once you have your own fief, you can hire locals to become your personal assistant.

And there are many more feature are waiting for you to explore!!! (as we simply forgot any other features we have add in this game :razz:)

Q: Why don’t you have plate armor and handgun in this mode? Isn’t it medieval?

A: This time of this mod is 1187 AD, while the plate armor in pop culture is actually after 14th century

Q: Why don’t you have Europa and Asian in or campaign map, and Eastern Roman Empire is not there as well?

A: The name of this Mod is ”in the name of Jerusalem”, which means the overall content of this mod is based on the Near East region. And we do have Eastern Roman Empire in Cyprus.

Q: Why can’t I found my own kingdom, is that a bug?

A: No, it is the actual setting of your game. Due to the current state have certain Bug, and we believe it is not realistic to found a brand new kingdom on this setting. But you can still role play as any monarch within this mod.

Q: How can I join Templar/ Hospitaller

A: Go to Crusader faction, ask any lord that have Templar or Hospitaller as their title.

Q: Why don’t you have NPC and storyline?

A: Our NPC system is not complete yet. Right now we have some assistant NPC once you have your own fief. And we do not have storyline yet, but we are considering to add some side quest later.

Credit

Thanks for Crusader way of Expiation OSP Pack

Polish environment

Sonyer's OSP

Al'Mansur‘s Helmet Pack and building pack

Custom Commander OSP Code

Diplomacy 4.43

Narf's Rus pack

Arabian Equipment Osp pack

Hispanian 1200 OSP

1257AD OSP

Barian and Saradin from Blood and Steel

Voice actors from Sand of Faith

Map icon from Rus 13th Century

Code logic from Viking Conquest

Special thanks to 12th Mod team.

Contributors:

Programmer: Ellis, big M (Director)

Designer and planer: Ellis, 古拉姆骑兵, 虫和尚, Tiejia008,湖畔骑士, Anna_Komnenos

3D artist: 虫和尚,Colin, REV,鋆哥, and other friends who contribute to this mod (Blood and Steel mod, 宇航员开飞机,马穆鲁克)

Text writer: 古拉姆骑兵, 湖畔骑士, HoloNesan, Anna_Komnenos

2D artist and UI designer: 莱恩,Ellis,鋆哥,虫和尚

Scene maker: 肄风, 海星,Cnpmthunder, Ellis, HoloNesan, Anna_Komnenos

Animation: 小铁匠,Colin

v1.1 (August 2 2019)
Note: This version is save game incompatible. You need to start a new game!

1. Add new historical character: Balian of Ibelin
2. Add mecenary troop system:
Mecenary troops will spawn in towns, each troop cost 5000 gold to hire and follow player on campaign map. Mecenary can defend and guard settlements like lords. Their wage is paid daily, and more troop you hire, the wage will be mutiplied.
3. Add religion feature in the settlement: Each settlement will have two religious group: Christian and Muslim. The religious proportion is related to local building and lord's religion. If the proportion of pagan is more than your religion, the settlement relation wil gradually decrease. Pagan will pay more tax in order to stay in settlement. You can build church or mosque (or both) to adjust the religious proportion. The religion proportion will recalculate in every 100 hours.
4. Add border fortress conecept: AI will attack border fortress before they go to deep territory of the enemy.
5. Add inventory management button, and logistics inventory will also be automatically organized in order in 24 hours.
6. Add musician and dancers (with animation) in Muslim feast.
7. Add wild factions in campagn map: Danishmendids rebellion near Maladia; Zengid rebellion around Raka.
8. Add new settlement models
9. Rebalance diplomatic relation: Rum will not fight with Saladin for 250 days, and Antioch will not fight with Jerusalem for 3 years
10. Adjust unit upgrade and equipments.
11. Adjust AI troop's template
12. Adjust monastery training program: Only veteran levy can be trained in either Templar or Hospitaller
13. Adjust falling damage by x4
14. Village bandit and villager will assign different troops according to the culture.
15. Foreign crusaders are no longer allowed to recruit.
16. Remaster the moral system to simulate real battle behavior
17. Adjust the troop porpotion of defender in siege battle
18. Increase the size of eagle that easier to shoot
19. Optimize Greek unit and Armenian unit models

v1.0.8(July 5 2019)
Add logistics system:
You can talk to senior captain and assign him with 20+ men to become logistics party. Logistics party will have a large inventory, supply player's party within a given distance. Logistics will also automatically buy supplies from town and village, as well as collecting loots from battlefields. Logistics party will not attack anyone if they follow player, and if captain is dead in battle, all soilders and supplies will go back to player's hand.
Add some new items
Adjust some unit for balance
Adjust the ranger ratio in siege battle. Defencer will now have more archers in the beginning of siege.
Remove noble units in patrol parties.
Add new models for Cairo and Tortosa castle
Outpost can now update and increase max garrison.
Fixed some bugs

v1.0.7(June 16 2019)
Add Muslim start camp
Add Jihad troop as wild Muslim troop which periodically attack the town and castles of Kingdom of Jerusalem
Add version info on main menu
Add al Karak Castle scene
Add 2 more amor for Addyubid
Adjust the garrision limit of outpost (max 50), the garrision will come back to troop if it exceed the limit
Adjust defult faction relations: Cicilian vs Cyprus, Anthioch vs Rum, Jerusalem vs Addyubid
Adjust price of item, they are becoming much more expensive now
Adjust some
Adjust tax system: Religion and health systems are temperary removed. Tax level, population, prosperity, relationship will become major factor on your income.
Camping at night will regain some moral
Infiel present in troop will greatly reduce the moral
Fixed AI mesh in Arce siege
Fixed outpost keep posting info on being harassed by the enemy.
Fixed robbery bug in town
Fixed Ghulam training bug in castle
Fixed unable to join Hospitaller bug
Optimized the siege tower
Reworked all faction banner (except Addyubid) in historical setting
Remove the the exile feature for lords

v1.0.5 (June 9 2019)
Title system and sub faction: If you have enough relationship with king and hold sufficient amount of fiefs, the king will grant you a title. The title is depend on your culture, you can give your fiefs to your companions, make they to become a lord and directly rules under you. Once you reached the highest position within a faction (except king), you can acquire a new captured sattelment for yourself as a fief (no vote is needed.)
Add piligrim camp for Christain beginer. You can now enjoy a scene with atomospheric and historical experience, and know the historical background of this mod. (Muslim faction will be add later.)
Add mod describesion in game concept.
Adjust audios with higher quality
Adjust the way to siege Jerusalem from siege tower to siege ram (So we hope no more crush from siege tower in Jerusalem)
Adjust the strength of lords with their military orders.
Fixed bugs on helping or robing merchant.
Fixed bugs on NPC not retunring from missions
Fxied bugs on town robbery

v1.0.3 (June 5 2019)
Add option on play as soilder after death
Add bridge battle scene
Fixed sea battle bug
Fixed siege battlle scenes bugs
Fixed after death bug that would cause extra wounded soilders
Optimized Jerusalem and Halmar siege scene
Further reduce the volume of horn
Removed the collision of siege ram

V1.02 (June 2 2019)
Add new historical figure, Turkish prince Kay-Khusraw in Rum
Fixed and optimized several siege in Jerusalem
Fixed the bug on prison escape mission
Fixed some scenes glitch
Adjust Muslim troop structure and hiring Ghulam
Adjust logistics consumption on water and oat
Optimized gameplay by temporarily removed wolf and crocodile
Optimized Italian chainmail texture
Reduced the sound of horn and removed noise of waterwheel

V1.01 (June 1 2019)
Fixed the bug on historical character's background
Fixed the bug on siege tower
Fixed the bug on town robbery
Fixed the bug on training villagers
Adjusted certain value
Optimized siege scene of Jerusalem

Release:

Steam Workshop
Moddb

Last edited:
Awesome can't wait to try that ! I apreciate the many new scenes and the sieges improvements looks great and could give Warband a new breath ! Is that a chinese team who did this ?

Ettenrocal said:
Awesome can wait to try that ! I apreciate the many new scenes and the sieges improvements looks great and could give Warband a new breath ! Is that a chinese team who did this ?
Yes we are, and some of us are the same people who made 16th Century mod. But this mod is more focus on hardcore realism

HoloNesan said:
Ettenrocal said:
Awesome can wait to try that ! I apreciate the many new scenes and the sieges improvements looks great and could give Warband a new breath ! Is that a chinese team who did this ?
Yes we are, and some of us are the same people who made 16th Century mod. But this mod is more focus on hardcore realism

Damn that's great. I enjoyed pretty much every mod made by Chinese community.
Looking forward to it even more after hearing it's made by the same people that worked on 16th Century mod!

HoloNesan said:
Ettenrocal said:
Woah, I loved that mod! You people made some awesome features and have many quality of life improvements on that one.

My first impressions:

Good points: The scenes (probably some of the best scenes you'll see for a crusade mod). The sieges look pretty epic but i crashed another time with a battle size of 200 ! The worldmap is well done. The troops trees and balance looks pretty ok for the little i saw.

Bad Points: I had quite many crash during this 3 hours (i have a 3,7 Ghz processor). In 3 hours of playing i didn't encountered any companion. There is problem with carpets too much saturated and contrasted and lighting of some interior scenes (very dark). And the horn sound is very too loud !!! Wow

Suggestions: - Maybe you could have done different factions for Templars, Hospitaliers and County of Tripoly and lock them allied to Jerusalem.
                      - Make Ibelin a castle, the house of Balian deserve his castle ^^ and it was a castle.
                      - I think the face mesh and textures could be better (there is many osp). For now they are kind of worse than native.

Questions: I don't undertsand exactly the difference between towns and castles, there is taverns and some shops in castles ? Town have the same with merchant for goods also ? I've also seen some little castles in some villages (like Ibelin) ?

Ettenrocal said:
My first impressions:

Good points: The scenes (probably some of the best scenes you'll see for a crusade mod). The sieges look pretty epic but i crashed another time with a battle size of 200 ! The worldmap is well done. The troops trees and balance looks pretty ok for the little i saw.

Bad Points: I had quite many crash during this 3 hours (i have a 3,7 Ghz processor). In 3 hours of playing i didn't encountered any companion. There is problem with carpets too much saturated and contrasted and lighting of some interior scenes (very dark). And the horn sound is very too loud !!! Wow

Suggestions: - Maybe you could have done different factions for Templars, Hospitaliers, Teutoniques and County of Tripoly and lock them allied to Jerusalem.
                      - Make Ibelin a castle, the house of Balian deserve his castle ^^ and it was a castle.
                      - I think the face mesh and textures could be better (there is many osp). For now they are kind of worse than native.

Questions: I don't undertsand exactly the difference between towns and castles, there is taverns and some shops in castles ? Town have the same with merchant for goods also ? I've also seen some little castles in some villages (like Ibelin) ?

For bad points:
This mod contain some high resolution texture and models. Try to reduce the size of battle a bit further, and we are trying our best to optimize in later game.
You can have your companion when you own a village and hire assistant NPC. We will add more NPC in later release.
For the enb, we are having debate within our team to fix that, and I do know your ears are explosed, either do I :razz: We will fix that.

For Suggestion:
We make very big Kingdom of Jerusalem is aiming to counter the powerful Ayubbid Sultanate. But we do recognize the problem of it and we will try to fix that.
And for scene, yes, we made some scene, and we do know that not enough. We will try to make more in later release.
For face? Well, I don't know, make i will talk to my team :razz:

For your question:
Castle does not have goods merchant, but many of them have pretty similar function as town does because we think castle is also a living place for lord and soilders. However, we will make some more features on managerial and trade content, so you will see that in future. Well, Ibelin is kind of Eastern egg in this mod. But there is a feature that you can build a outpost to defend your village from raid.

Thanks for your suggestion, if you have any suggestion or problem, we are always welcome to hear it.

Thanks a lot for your answers ! This mod is an awesome work for sure. I have myself imagined that castle could get "merchants" (at least horses and a blackmsith and a little tavern) so it doesn't shock me at all, i was just surprised. Count on me to report some boring feedback  :grin:

Edit: I have made some little ressearch and in fact its maybe a good idea to put County of Tripoli in Jerusalem faction cause Raymond III of Tripoli as lands too in the Kingdom and he is an important lord of it.

Others suggestions: You could add mini faction "Assassins" historically accurate and awesomely fun ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashid_ad-Din_Sinan

You could make a troop tree like this one:
latest

250px-MapofTripoli.png

Alos a fun thing could be to put in the mod the Lazarus order knights (lepers), like kind of special troop you can recruit in few special places ? I have recently watch the show "Knightfall" and i was liking much these Lazarus knights coming to save their Templar brothers ! They don't fear death !
GetFile.aspx
51fKEpqU7qL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

6288198499.jpg

*** little bug: i have noticed that battle size is set to 1000 each time you restart the game, i'm playing with 1.01. Just downloaded the 1.02 patch and it seems ok now.

Hi, great mod.

So far I have encountered no problems, aside the high cpu/ram consumption it requires, and its consequences (drop in fps, music stops from time to time), but great nonetheless.

One issue, I'm currently in the second half of the hospitaller quest (2 hospitaller brothers agree with me), in Acre there's only the templar hq, in the town there is a hospitaller hq, but when I speak with the monk there are no other option but goodbye. Can you help me?

I think i know what could cause a massive performance demand, i've watched fast into brfs and it seems some items in this mod use only LOD2 and this LOD2 model is very much near base model (your LOD 2 looks like a LOD 1 to me). You could rework your lods redoing LOD2 (making a LOD2 less detailed) and a LOD4.

Edit: I have checked others brfs and some have 4 LODS like usual, it depends the brfs. If you check your items brf then you'll probably can improve some. Many mods are using only LOD2 and LOD4.

Just made another game session of this great mod, started a new game and finally come to a first siege were battle size was changed to 1000 again so there definetely a problem with this. With 100 battle size my fps was at 4 :mrgreen:

On an historical side just read on wikipedia that Count of Tripoli was vassal of King of Jerusalem so you did good to put County of Tripoli into Kingdom of Jerusalem faction. Only Pincipality of Antioch was an "independant" (vassal of Byzantium) crusader state in 1187.

Ettenrocal said:
Thanks a lot for your answers ! This mod is an awesome work for sure. I have myself imagined that castle could get "merchants" (at least horses and a blackmsith and a little tavern) so it doesn't shock me at all, i was just surprised. Count on me to report some boring feedback  :grin:

Edit: I have made some little ressearch and in fact its maybe a good idea to put County of Tripoli in Jerusalem faction cause Raymond III of Tripoli as lands too in the Kingdom and he is an important lord of it.

Others suggestions: You could add mini faction "Assassins" historically accurate and awesomely fun ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashid_ad-Din_Sinan

You could make a troop tree like this one:
latest

250px-MapofTripoli.png

Alos a fun thing could be to put in the mod the Lazarus order knights (lepers), like kind of special troop you can recruit in few special places ? I have recently watch the show "Knightfall" and i was liking much these Lazarus knights coming to save their Templar brothers ! They don't fear death !
GetFile.aspx
51fKEpqU7qL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

6288198499.jpg

*** little bug: i have noticed that battle size is set to 1000 each time you restart the game, i'm playing with 1.01. Just downloaded the 1.02 patch and it seems ok now.
Thank you for your suggestion! We already made Saint Lazarus order in custom battles as a troop or commander of knight hospitaller.You could have a try.

Back
Top Bottom