[WNL7] Post Season Events

Users who are viewing this thread

I think people over estimate the appeal of All star matches, The only ones hyped are the ones that think they will play :grin: most people fell meh towards them.

a big siege server would be interesting but i think you are all vastly over estimating the division A teams if you think they will win vs the combined player count of B+C when B+C contains a fair amount of players who have played in high level matches :razz: A lvl coordination and tactics wont mean much against a damn horde ^^ still a fun idea though.

An idea for Divison A though, In IG i used to run a royal rumble event on the Arena map (probably best to use Cage now) you can sign up as many division A or whatever players you want and have a random number generator assign players entry numbers, Standard Royal Rumble rules apply ofc :grin: 2 start in the cage to fight, 1 player in every 30 seconds until the last player is left standing.

It was a lot of fun in IG seeing people with various tactics from trying to slaughter everyone to trying everything they can not to die, could make for a fun stream to commentate ^^

_Osiris_ said:
I think people over estimate the appeal of All star matches, The only ones hyped are the ones that think they will play :grin: most people fell meh towards them.

a big siege server would be interesting but i think you are all vastly over estimating the division A teams if you think they will win vs the combined player count of B+C when B+C contains a fair amount of players who have played in high level matches :razz: A lvl coordination and tactics wont mean much against a damn horde ^^ still a fun idea though.

An idea for Divison A though, In IG i used to run a royal rumble event on the Arena map (probably best to use Cage now) you can sign up as many division A or whatever players you want and have a random number generator assign players entry numbers, Standard Royal Rumble rules apply ofc :grin: 2 start in the cage to fight, 1 player in every 30 seconds until the last player is left standing.

It was a lot of fun in IG seeing people with various tactics from trying to slaughter everyone to trying everything they can not to die, could make for a fun stream to commentate ^^

An allstar including top members of each division vs each other could be fun, I agree that that div A vs B and C would be hard to make work without an accurate balance in team numbers.

If I remember correctly, both SirAlecks and I spent hours and hours balancing teams for an AllStars match, the problem is, 9 times outta 10 then don't turn up or pull out last minute, so you'll have to get some other decent player to come. AllStars match you HAVE to rely on these people turning up, most cases they don't.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IJ8GcHieR2e2w8-gCXABvGQjYa6e87t7KfA5V9GNT7c/edit?usp=sharing

This link here was what SirAlecks and I did, but the final match was one sided because people didn't turn up. Skill ratings were based on that tournament and not some all time garbage.

Fietta said:
Thanks for the match, I'd like to apologize for the lack of members on Oliveran's side. All these people said they'd come and then decided to not turn up and didn't say anything, some said on the day that they couldn't come around 30 minutes before the match. The match was fun to watch but painful at the same time. I'm severely disappointed, but I'm glad we found replacements and I'm very grateful for the people who came. I hope to organize more of these matches for future tournaments.

I think there shouldnt be more contesting after week 8, lets just make it fun, to spend time nice. Simple Big battle/siege would be easier to organise, I think only finding big server would be a problem.

Fietta said:
If I remember correctly, both SirAlecks and I spent hours and hours balancing teams for an AllStars match, the problem is, 9 times outta 10 then don't turn up or pull out last minute, so you'll have to get some other decent player to come. AllStars match you HAVE to rely on these people turning up, most of the cases they don't.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IJ8GcHieR2e2w8-gCXABvGQjYa6e87t7KfA5V9GNT7c/edit?usp=sharing

This link here was what SirAlecks and I did, but the final match was one sided because people didn't turn up. Skill ratings were based on that tournament and not some all time garbage.

Fietta said:
Thanks for the match, I'd like to apologize for the lack of members on Oliveran's side. All these people said they'd come and then decided to not turn up and didn't say anything, some said on the day that they couldn't come around 30 minutes before the match. The match was fun to watch but painful at the same time. I'm severely disappointed, but I'm glad we found replacements and I'm very grateful for the people who came. I hope to organize more of these matches for future tournaments.

Did you just post a list without being a certified list maker?  :evil:

Anyways, if attendance is a problem maybe get some reserves who are able to step up if any of the main players misses the game, but then again, if the main players dont have enough interest to compromise to play on a single day for a single event maybe we shouldnt host an all-star event at all.

Back
Top Bottom