• yay

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • nay

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion said:
Calamity seems to have never played singleplayer. :razz:

But I, a 5000+ hour, 11 year player of the Mount and Blade series, can't post a thread with my opinions on who is good and bad - and this guy has a deciding voice in that.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

I skiped half of this thread but i will voice my useless opinion anyway, it doesn't matter if the list is made by chosen people by the community there will always be arguments because 80% of the community has huge ego doesnt matter how much you deny its fact. None outside the MP community gives a sh1t about theese lists anyway most of theese lists are made for rubing our own egos thats why everyone used to post their own list.

Orion said:
Well, he resigned later for something unrelated, so no?

I'm glad that's the case, excellent job of completely ignoring my point Orion; I'm sure you and Erminas are going to have a ball of a time moderating the five identical list threads that crop up from the very same players that ultimately ruined list threads in the first place by taking them far too seriously.

Ultimately it is no surprise to me that Guildhall is dead but Mercenaries Forums, PK forums, TrollGame etc are all doing absolutely fine and actually have more activity than the OFFICIAL Native Warband forum because of obscene over moderation. Even the players who stuck it out and continued to post stuff here get shut down and treat like children so often that even I struggle to understand why they do it, and I've been playing and lurking for 11 years.

Pains me to agree with Fietta but this is a joke and you've all gone too far.

just allow the lists imo, it has more benefits than harming. forum is already half dead as this game, probably most people check it just to get informed about tournaments. allow a little bit saltiness on forums its always good, it brings ambition, ambition brings activity.

and please dont bring the argument that "but what if new players come and see community is toxic", not saying let the toxicity grow. a little bit salty forum is better than a dead forum  :shifty:

Rayden_ said:
just allow the lists imo, it has more benefits than harming. forum is already half dead as this game, probably most people check it just to get informed about tournaments. allow a little bit saltiness on forums its always good, it brings ambition, ambition brings activity.

and please dont bring the argument that "but what if new players come and see community is toxic", not saying let the toxicity grow. a little bit salty forum is better than a dead forum  :shifty:

Eladon said:
I'm glad that's the case, excellent job of completely ignoring my point Orion; I'm sure you and Erminas are going to have a ball of a time moderating the five identical list threads that crop up from the very same players that ultimately ruined list threads in the first place by taking them far too seriously.

Ultimately it is no surprise to me that Guildhall is dead but Mercenaries Forums, PK forums, TrollGame etc are all doing absolutely fine and actually have more activity than the OFFICIAL Native Warband forum because of obscene over moderation. Even the players who stuck it out and continued to post stuff here get shut down and treat like children so often that even I struggle to understand why they do it, and I've been playing and lurking for 11 years.

Pains me to agree with Fietta but this is a joke and you've all gone too far.
Take it up with someone else. I'm doing what I can to get back your privileges that were taken away by others. Please, continue to talk **** on me and the efforts I go through to give you what you want. Please, continue to make me the focal point for your cries of excessive moderation (me, of all people :lol:). Please, continue ironically pointing out the very reason we've chosen to conduct the pilot in this way. What's even more ironic is that Fietta has expressed an opposing opinion about how the trial period will go:
Fietta said:
You know it will work, I don't think anyone will disagree with it not working, the whole point is freedom when it comes to lists. If this Idea works (which will obviously work) then you'll see no reason to go to a less strict option. That's just you wanting your job to be easier rather than what the community wants. Which is proven here:

Count Delinard said:
We decided to try and go ahead with community elected posters first as to avoid excessive moderation activity or some rogue poster annoying us so much we’d ban them all together again.
Not to drag him back into this or anything, I know he doesn't like the idea. Honestly, neither do I, even though I've invested the most time into it. However, as I have stated many times in this thread, and will once more as a direct response to Rayden's last post, this is the only alternative to the ban that we are going to get and it is temporary. Don't like it? Fine. Just put up with it for a couple of months and then be glad when it's over & list threads make a full return. I don't want to treat people like children, but when they stomp their feet, whine, and demand the thing that was taken away from them, from the person who most wants to give them what they want, then it can be hard.

I wasn't aware pointing out issues in your hilarilously over-legislated pilot program and forum overmoderation (as a team, but take it personal if you want) was a problem. It's the purpose of this thread, to talk about the list threads.

Over-legislated? Many people just seem averse to reading the equivalent of three paragraphs. That's all the rules post is. It can be summed up in a single line, and I have done so in this thread. The reason the rules post is more fleshed out than that is for the sake of detail, so people with questions can find answers on their own rather than asking & waiting for a response from us. We will still answer questions, but users who are proactive will find they don't need to ask in the first place. It's also a 1:1 formatting copy of some tournament rules, and I figured this crowd of all people on the forum would be most familiar with that.

You also didn't point out any issues with the pilot, you pointed out its intended purpose which is to test reception of lists with the greatest potential for drama to see just how bad it would be to bring them back. If these can be kept in line with a little moderation and a little restraint from the users that participate in them, then we will have accomplished what we set out to do. "We" is a deliberate word choice, because while I'm the one answering questions in this thread there are others on the team who are assisting this project. We can't all have gone too far if both of the moderators for this board and the most interested global for it are all taking part in this venture. Several of you like to complain about over-moderation, but I can see the logs for the boards I moderate and this board has nothing on the Bannerlord board. Something might flare up here once a month, like the kerfuffle in the matchmaking thread at the end of March. We're not constantly hammering down on users here.

The typical response is "people stopped posting here because of the over-moderation," but we both know there's more to it than that. There's been attrition in the scene for years, people are tired of waiting around for Bannerlord, and lots of clans play other games together. A much more likely explanation for the decline in activity is that the game is now nine years old and hasn't had any major post-release content updates. Look at you, though. You've read three paragraphs now. Wasn't so bad, was it?

I'm sorry I just fundamentally disagree with you, lists don't need approved list makers and you don't need a pilot program to test putting list threads on your forum. It's all overlegislated, even your reply is just like your talking about governing the Galactic Senate. It's threads on a forum, if they go too far off topic just delete comments or lock threads, it's not rocket science.

Eladon said:
I'm sorry I just fundamentally disagree with you, lists don't need approved list makers and you don't need a pilot program to test putting list threads on your forum. It's all overlegislated, even your reply is just like your talking about governing the Galactic Senate. It's threads on a forum, if they go too far off topic just delete comments or lock threads, it's not rocket science.

Funny you mention over-moderation yet you recommend deletion of comments. Censorship is the best right? Last time I checked that was never a policy on TaleWorlds unless it's a really bad post, banned users circumventing or spam bots.

I don't know what axe you have to grind but it sounds like you need to vent. Mission successful! Perhaps you can go back to doing what your personal text says and we'll all live a happy life. :wink:

Calamity said:
Eladon said:

Last time I checked that was never a policy on TaleWorlds unless it's a really bad post, banned users circumventing or spam bots.

Well yesterday one of you deleted a post that said "kfc and watermelon". I dont think thats "a really bad post" because thats reserved for hurtful comments. Mine was a harmless one-liner. You mods need to get over yourselves and agree with your own policies LUL

Donut The Donut said:
Calamity said:
Eladon said:

Last time I checked that was never a policy on TaleWorlds unless it's a really bad post, banned users circumventing or spam bots.

Well yesterday you deleted a post that said "kfc and watermelon". I dont think thats "a really bad post" because thats reserved for hurtful comments. Mine was a harmless one-liner. You mods need to get over yourselves and agree with your own policies LUL

I haven't been a moderator on TaleWorlds in over a month (March 27th, to be exact). I have no power here to edit, remove or frankly do any moderation at all. Please get your facts straight before coming at me. Thanks.

Calamity said:
Eladon said:

Funny you mention over-moderation yet you recommend deletion of comments. Censorship is the best right? Last time I checked that was never a policy on TaleWorlds unless it's a really bad post, banned users circumventing or spam bots.

I don't know what axe you have to grind but it sounds like you need to vent. Mission successful! Perhaps you can go back to doing what your personal text says and we'll all live a happy life. :wink:

I also see nothing wrong with deleting retard comments and spam, that's exactly a moderator's job. Also what are you even speaking of? We're talking about the list threads being banned - they are actually banned, I can't post one despite having more Warband experience and love in my blood than the lot of you combined.

Do they teach this horrific passive aggressive style of posting in the TW Moderation Academy or something?

Eladon said:
I also see nothing wrong with deleting (lol) comments and spam, that's exactly a moderator's job. Also what are you even speaking of? We're talking about the list threads being banned - they are actually banned,
Do they teach this horrific passive aggressive style of posting in the TW Moderation Academy or something?

You are a model citizen for moderation. Keep digging you may find something worthwhile.

Also, you called me out:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,383496.msg9105287.html#msg9105287
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,383496.msg9104611.html#msg9104611

"despite having more Warband experience and love in my blood than the lot of you combined."

This is the funniest thing I've read all week and may stay that way. You sure do like talking out of your ***.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Can everyone get back to discussing lists? I am done. Sorry for the derail.

Back
Top Bottom