Author Topic: Dev Blog 04/04/19  (Read 15786 times)

FBohler

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WBNWWF&S
Re: Dev Blog 04/04/19
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 11:08:57 PM »
so that means there's going to be day 1 Horse Armor DLC?  :iamamoron:

I like the addition, it's always welcome... Sorry if I'm being a misinformed dumbass, but are we going to be able to equip horses too? Or are we going back to the old fashioned Warband system where horses have no equipment instead they are predefined as being armored or not etc?
The inventory screen has additional slot for armour/saddle for horses
(click to show/hide)

You're right as long as this feature isn't dropped.  :lol:
Nitpickers gonna nitpick.
Video games aren't perfect counterparts of reality.

darksoulshin

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2019, 11:11:34 PM »
since we're talking about horses, I wonder:
1) The physics of impacts between two charging cavalry as it is managed?
If two horses impact frontally at high speed, do the two horses, or their bodies, have impactful animations? Or maybe they suffer part of the ragdoll to simulate it?
2) and consequently: do their riders fly after the impact? are they thrown off?

Realistically, if they have stirrups, they can hold and not fly off on impact, without stirrups 100% chance of flying over. If that's going to make in the game? I doubt it, it would be awesome to have realistic reactions from infantry on Horse charges, so Elite Infantry doesn't move, horses bash against a shield wall, some fools fly over it, Horse Charge DENIED! Or, common infantry, massive horse charge, most run away, some make room for the cavalry, others are run over, Horse Charge PWNS! But that would add layers of AI that I don't think would make into the game.

As for horse v horse impact and people flying, I also doubt that too, it'll likely go just like in WB where the horse stops like a moron and rears...

it would be wonderfull if they implement a little physics in the impact.
They have that kinetic sistem thata they use for the impact animation for the shield or the armor.
Maybe,with a little modifies,they might be able to use that sistem with the horse,bounding the ragdoll to the other variables such as mass and speed.
And,for example,if they give a max number(call it MAX-DP) to the variation of the product of mass and speed beetwen the time when the impact begin to the time when the lose of momentum(call it DP) finish (this is a force),that occur when the two horses impact each other frontally,then,related to the that number number,we have two cases:
1)if DP>MAX-DP , the soldier will be throwed away,flying.
2)if DP<MAX-DP, nothing occur,maybe a little animation of the knight that simulate the little impact.

darksoulshin

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2019, 11:13:39 PM »
If two horses impact frontally at high speed, do the two horses, or their bodies, have impactful animations? Or maybe they suffer part of the ragdoll to simulate it?

Realistically, if they have stirrups, they can hold and not fly off on impact, without stirrups 100% chance of flying over. If that's going to make in the game? I doubt it, it would be awesome to have realistic reactions from infantry on Horse charges, so Elite Infantry doesn't move, horses bash against a shield wall, some fools fly over it, Horse Charge DENIED! Or, common infantry, massive horse charge, most run away, some make room for the cavalry, others are run over, Horse Charge PWNS! But that would add layers of AI that I don't think would make into the game.

As for horse v horse impact and people flying, I also doubt that too, it'll likely go just like in WB where the horse stops like a moron and rears...

I don't know if you have seen this but this might be what you are looking for: https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_77_taleworldswebsite_03.gif

I had already seen it, in fact my question related exclusively to impacts between horses.

Insider

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2019, 11:16:34 PM »
Nice, horsies blog, next week doggies blog I hope choochoo

KhergitLancer99

• On probation
  • Permanently Banned
  • Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (1881-193∞)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • WB
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2019, 11:22:16 PM »
Charger
Desert
Hunter
Mule
Saddle
Steppe
Sumpter

These were the horses we were given in horses devBlog.

So,
Desert became Aserai horse
Saddle horse is same with Empire horse
Steppe horse Khuzait

but are these vlandian horse, sturgian horse and battanian horse/highland pony same horses with sumpter hunter and charger ?
If so then which one is which one ?
If not then how many horses do we have in total ?

Another question:
Will endurance effect party speed (it should) ?

Kodlak Jorrvas

• Squire
  • The Hottest Companion
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: [Jorrvas]Kodlak
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2019, 11:29:48 PM »
will this one be available?

Yaga

• Tree Expert
  • Squire
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Yaga
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2019, 11:35:52 PM »
I have made a topic about this a few weeks ago. I was afraid that the horse breeds wouldn't actually have different looks, but just different stats.
(click to show/hide)

So my question is: Are these the final models for the horse breeds, or will you still change something?
A year and a half ago I wrote about horses.
I am glad that my wishes come true.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,371971.msg8874672.html#msg8874672

And I also wrote about horses.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,371971.msg8874761.html#msg8874761

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,371971.msg8874883.html#msg8874883

I just remembered it   :)
I don't speak English... Совсем.
---
"Here is a character (let's call him Yaga), who is unimpressed that you were unable to complete a quest he gave you".
(click to show/hide)
"Here is Yaga again, but after you have successfully completed his quest".
(click to show/hide)
©Blog43

John the Roleplayer

• Knight at Arms
  • The one who bought the book
    • Steam - thedukeofm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2019, 11:38:19 PM »
[...]
but are these vlandian horse, sturgian horse and battanian horse/highland pony same horses with sumpter hunter and charger ?
[...]

They shouldn't be. The  terms sumpter, hunter and charger refer to a horse's training and use rather than its breed.

zyad137

• Recruit
  • Butterlord When XD?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2019, 11:52:34 PM »
wait a moment did they gust gave us two blogs about horses?

Gholt369

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2019, 12:04:45 AM »

I’m not sure where but I’m like 300% sure that I saw a video or read something saying that if there were two horses charging each other they would like split in directions a little like one would go a little left and the other a little to the right so that they wouldn’t do the WB rear and just completely stop. Or maybe I had a dream of me hearing or reading these “fake news” but I think that’s actual facts.
I found out about Bannerlord. Cool. Months later bought Warband. And Now. All I want is Bannerlord. “Plz Jaysus🙏🏽 Let a release date be announced today? Amen!”

darksoulshin

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2019, 12:10:44 AM »

I’m not sure where but I’m like 300% sure that I saw a video or read something saying that if there were two horses charging each other they would like split in directions a little like one would go a little left and the other a little to the right so that they wouldn’t do the WB rear and just completely stop. Or maybe I had a dream of me hearing or reading these “fake news” but I think that’s actual facts.

already this would be a good thing, but only if the momentum in the game were not too large or if the impacts are not strictly frontal.

• Sergeant Knight
    • Steam - sektor578
    • View Profile
  • WBVCNWWF&SM&B
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2019, 12:14:33 AM »
Asking for horse breeding is extreme. They are means to reaching a point faster, this is not a horse/animal simulator. Don't you think?

Rodrigo Ribaldo

• Duke
  • See you in August 20xx
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2019, 12:23:49 AM »
Asking for horse breeding is extreme. They are means to reaching a point faster, this is not a horse/animal simulator. Don't you think?
RPGs are about growing and upgrading. If for the most of the game you can upgrade to better swords and level up to improve your sword-wielding effectiveness, why not upgrade your horse multiple times, maybe through breeding and not just by buying horse armor?
Not only they should implement horse breeding, but I think it's necessary we see occasional horse breeding during battles.

Moori

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2019, 12:50:27 AM »
HORSE BLOG  :D :D :D

Literally the most important blog for me. Honestly the horses don't look prefect to me but I want you guys to already release the game, they differ enough, I guess. I just hope that there's going to be some weight system so a lightly armoured Khuzait archer will have a speed advantage over a heavily armoured Empire knight, even though he's riding a slower steppe horse.

lordbedo

• Recruit
    • YouTube - GAMER
    • YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: bedo
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2019, 12:56:40 AM »
when that game ''BANNERLORD" announced i was just 13 years old i think at last 2015 the game would be playable but  :lol: 7 years gone already and i'm 20 years old now.over the past 7 years i got too many adventures between them motorcycle crash and car crashes. i crashed my 125cc horse, and at this 7 years i got 5 car crash accident as passenger and last my 6th crash get my own high speed in the rain, car slide from the road until the collision, it was one of those to think about i should play bannerlord before i die  :D.
so enough those blogs and give us the game just make the beta for the fans

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 11:12:36 AM by lordbedo »