Head count! Let's kick some life back into this old bar.

Run around the Bar?

• Yes! Lets kick up this old nag!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Nah. I'm bloody tired. Life, work, wife/husband...

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I'ma wait till it looks like a community to commit. Going alone sucks.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Oi!

So, apparently, this thing called a closed BETA is going on for bannerlord. It occurred to me, that, hey, we might see some more thoroughfare soon-times.

Now, where the tavern currently is, it's unlikely we'll be able to maintain all relatively high speed of traffic. I'm not even looking for people ready to start a RP, I just want to take a look at our current manpower.  Consider this a survey.

Who's up run around the Duck and Spackle, and make some stories?

So I saw this horse which seemed unattended.  However the last owner seemed to overreact when I was comforting it.  Next you know I emptied my quarrels and 20 looters lay dead.  Guess I better leave this town.

Lord Luger roamed the halls of Praven's castle. His old shaky legs scuffled over the cold, ancient stone floor. The library was where he spent most of his latter days. It is where he was headed now. Wynant, his loyal knight ever since the glorious battle for Tihr, strolled into the castle. The heavy Ehlerdah-oaken gate creaked as it was opened. Its echo reverberating through the halls.
Wynant ran past the guards and came to a firm stop when he finally found Luger. He paused. Luger looked the ageing Wynant in the eyes. He seemed worried, although there was also a sense of tranquility whenever these two old friends were together.
"Have you never seen an old man?", Luger asked. "You're behind me, you know, and it won't be long before you're like me."
Wynant shrugged. "There is news from the capital. Her Majesty Queen Isolla has died. The illness that has been tormenting her for months finally got the better of her."
Luger let the words sink in. "Strong as a bull she was, that woman. And to think I didn't even like her in the beginning."
Wynant stood still, he continued, but now his voice was nervously lowered. "The Queen has died without an heir. Harlaus' family has been in hiding for a generation. They might have left the continent, but if not, there is no doubt that they will come out of hiding and claim the throne as soon as they hear the word. Until then, the noble houses are likely to put forth a candidate to rule as king. Lord Haringoth is a likely choice."
Luger nodded. "And I will have to choose a side..."
"No," Wynant responded, "You're also a likely contender. You are the lord of Praven, you hold the former capital, and you fought for King Harlaus."
Luger thanked Wynant for his visit and as he made his leave, Luger continued to the library. After many years of peace, this old man, whose body was slowly wasting away, was bound to go to war once again. While these thoughts crossed his mind, he carefully picked a book from one of the dusty shelves. With great difficulty, he lowered his body into the chair standing near the desk in the middle of the room. He put the book down and held the title under one of the candles illuminating the desk.

"Bannerlord: A brief history of Calradia."

(It didn't really burn down, more like abandoned for a while)

An old man on a gray stallion trotted through Praven’s north gate. The man himself was just on the beginning of old age, a relative spryness throughout his body, matched by the keenness of his eyes. However, if one knew the rider in his prime, the difference flexibility was almost comical. His horse, however, was a young buck, a dappled grey hunter with the full fire of youth in his eyes. Between the two was a mixture of young and old, in clothes and kit. Atwix the saddlebags was a old longsword, scratched and weakened from over a half a century of service. On his opposite side stood a great warbow, freshly shaped and strung. The reins, kit, and tackle of the stallion where well keep and old, while the thick furs and clothing the rider wore clean and new.

The pair fast-trotted into the gates of the Praven keep, the old man tugging at the stallion’s reins, pulling him to a halt. “Calm down Grampus, I’m not as spry as I used to be. Hell, even that gallop we pulled to get here took made me tired.”

The stallion bucked slightly in response, snorting his disdain for his old master. The old rider grunted as he dismounted, thickly clothed and dirk by his side. An annoyed stable boy walked up.

“OI! This is the stable of the Lord of Praven, reserved for the lords of the land!”

The old ranger grunted, then shoved the reins of the spirited stallion in the young lad’s hand. “Where is Luger? I shall speak with him, today.”

The stable hand spluttered. “LORD Luger has little time enough time for commoners, let alone ones who disrespect him. Guards! Take this mad old man away!”

The nearby soldiery perked up, a pair of armsmen grabbing their weapons and advancing on the elderly man, who reached for his worn blade. Before the elder could draw it, however, and only after a single round of swearing, an old swadian sergeant poked his head out the keep and identified the rider.

“EGH! STOP! It’s ****ing Therian, Isolla’s Knight Errant!”

With a disappointed grunt, the old ranger unbuckled the longsword from his stallion, and then rebuckled to his hip, walking forward to the keep. “Welp,” he said, casually walking between the lances of the guards once meant to skewer him, “It’s not my fault nobody knows their history, not at all.”

The sergeant twitched as Therian meet him in the threshold the keep. “It’s dark days ahead, Sir, but what can I do for you?”

The old horseman smiled. “I would like to see Lord Luger, if possible.”

What about we just start something? Easy and slow, draw some people in and bring this place back to life. Can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I first posted here :/

Whos going to be the hero of calradia? 

Actually, what you guys say, seems like this has been tried before.  Is there a link to earlier versions?

Ah, I missed that one, checking it out I don't understand why it died :sad: it seemed nice.
Maybe the GM should keep track of who hasn't posted in a while and ask players whether we should wait for them?

Strange how the Battle for Tihr managed to last years without an official GM apnd now we can't manage 2 pages :sad:

Kharille said:
Whos going to be the hero of calradia? 

Actually, what you guys say, seems like this has been tried before.  Is there a link to earlier versions?

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61369.msg1587764.html#msg1587764

See you again in a week or so :p Some guy named Ludial ragequit and removed all his posts, making the first few pages a bit weird sometimes, but it's a good read nevertheless.

Edit: also, some of its players got so hooked that we've been attempting reboots for years. To no avail.

Hm...  too serious.  I might be able to manage a line here and there, and maybe lots more on rare occasion when I'm drunk. 

Don't need a GM for this one surely?.....

Kharille said:
Hm...  too serious.  I might be able to manage a line here and there, and maybe lots more on rare occasion when I'm drunk. 

Don't need a GM for this one surely?.....

That's pretty much the standard for roleplayers here, we barely do single line RP's, although we had a few that lasted a long time.
The '1 paragraph standard' creates immersion. Immersion is addictive. 1 line doesn't interest me at all.

haha wow. The battle for tihr brings back a LOTTA old memories! Good memories. I kinda wish I didn't just end up abandoning it way back when now...rip Drano and whatever dimensional wormhole he slipped through. He will/was missed.

also just realized im kinda replying to a some-month old thread, but hey, at least it aint years amirite???

...point is i got in a nostalgic mood and saw this thread and battle for tihr mentioned and uh, hi, I guess. i still like roleplaying all these years later and. stuff? yeah

Back
Top Bottom