Risk of Rain 2

Users who are viewing this thread

The 3d sequel to the first one.

The premise is simple. Kill enemies, get gold, get loot. You get infinitely stronger, all items stack and you have no limits. But...the longer you play, the stronger enemies are. And there will be more of them.

Eventually, the end of the stage bosses will become common enemies.

And unlike the first game....bosses actually do quite a lot of damage.
I feel like they completely nailed the transition to 3d.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/632360/Risk_of_Rain_2/

EDIT : Magma worms in this game are way cooler than in the first. EDIT: I take back my words. They suck :sad:  They cool as hell ,but deadly

My sister and I have played the hell out of Risk of Rain (over 200 hours), but sadly my computer can't be upgraded to run this, and it doesn't have local multiplayer. Looks like I'll put this on the wishlist for when we can afford to buy two new gaming PCs.

They are currently working on split-screen, but have given no timeframe.

HAve played 5 hours now, just unlocked a new character.

Mul-T.
A robot that can change between fast firing and inaccurate machine gun, and slow firing sniper.

But his mobilty skill is GOING FAST. And ramming. With some stacks, the speeds you can get are insane.

Any idea if artifacts are still in the game? Those were the best part of the original. Also, how's the story (such as it is). Does it pick up where the last one left off?

Artifacts are currently not in, but there is a place in the character selection that say " coming soon"

Storywise, did not notice anything yet.I did not particularly pay any attention to it either. No end boss or anything yet either, just endlessly looping what we have.

EDIT: Dont want to double post, but people have really gone to town on the games files, finding the next few ( potential ) characters in the files , and modded them to be playable.
Also playable monsters and bosses.

Also, Artifactsthat seem to be coming.

Game came out on the 28th of March, already a bunch of modsout. Balance mods, changing some skills around etc. Many people working on Mod Loaders to find a way to get multiple mods at once.

And the devs said they would add mod support if there is enough interest.

Back
Top Bottom