Deep Rock Galactic

Users who are viewing this thread

Deep Rock Galactic is just like Left 4 Dead, except you are dwarves. In space. And you are mining. And you kill bugs.

On second thought, only the very basic premise is similar, but they have innovated the **** out of the 4 player co-op template that started with L4D.

Every mission is essentially the same. Go down in your drop-pod. Mine/gather /find the required resources, or kill the required creatures, call down the droppod again and make your escape.
However, the game has a variety of different mission types and many different biomes, ranging from annoying fungus bogs to much chiller glacial caves.
Caves are procedually generated and their system works great. Played about 22 hours this month, and havent encounted a single serious bug with it so far.

With the resources you find, you can buy cosmetics that you unlock as you level up. Or spend them on weapon upgrades. Currently, there are only 2 primary and 2 secondary weapons for each class, but this is likely to change soon. The devs have, from what I have seen, montly updates, with each adding at least something worthwhile.

DRG has 4 very different classes, with every class having a distinct role in the game.

Gunner is the heavy weapons guy, with great firepower come great many kills. But he also has a zipline gun, making areas easily accessible for his whole team.

Engineer can use his platform gun to create platforms.  Great to bridge gaps and reach those hard to reach ores.

Scout has a flare gun to light up large caverns for a long time. Also has a grappling hook. He can use it to bravely run away and reach areas no dwarf is meant to go.

Driller drills fast.

You currently fight hordes of bugs. When I played the game last summer, there were A LOT less different enemies. Steam post post-free weekend showing some upcoming creatures and fan-art

Steam store link.

Somebody made an excellent video that so perfectly shows the essence of the game.

They also do about monthly updates to the game.

This month they added grenades and 2 new enemies. Before, everyone except the scout had the same grenades.

Now, everyone has 3 different grenades.

I feel like the Autocannon would be better  for that. More ammo.

Although less aiming with the flamethrower.

Havent managed to play this game while drunk yet. I imagine being drunk in real life and in-game will be an experience to remember

New update coming soon, and to celebrate that, the game is free for the weekend.

Next update will add endgame content, explained in the video.  Gain new mods for weapons that alter how the weapon works and get new cosmetics.

Gotta get this out there again.

Second year anniversary, another free weekend and 50% off.

The launch of the game is probably going to be Q2 of 2020.

A lot of stuff has been added since I last posted, the mentioned endgame and a couple of new enemies.
A great time to check the game out

Is supposedly in Early Access, but I've seen many released games less polished than this. Next versions are just adding content, balancing, and fix some rare bugs here and there.

Last one to the pod is a pointy ear leaf-lover!

I'm maining Digger and switched from flamethrower to cryocaster which is waaaay better. Also very satisfying shattering everything.

It's almost a bit awkward how many times I've grouped with the same people now on 130% difficulty since there are so few players on there. Maybe I'll see some of you.

Nah, never me.

I have so far never played a pub game, have always managed to get a full team of friends, or at least 3. And since afew more friends picked it up this weekend.

But yeah, cant wait for release, since they said that after 1.0, they are starting to work on content, ie more missions and biomes. SInce the game is "done", there is nothing they need to add, so they can add what they want

Oh didn't even know it was still early access tbh, as it seems pretty finished. It does lack a proper end game though.

My friend and I play pub games because you really want all 4 classes present. Engineers for platforms, scout for mobility+light, digger for diggin' and gunner for team mobility. The worst feeling in the world is playing without a scout or with a **** scout who doesn't light up rooms.

Had this moment earlier today:

Last edited:
Holy ****, what a scene. The amount of bugs falling down. Never have we tried the bunker strat, especially reluctant to try it with the Opressor in the game, and Bulks
Imagine if a Bulk Detonator came knocking.

Anyway, release should be Q2 this year.

After 120 hours of this game I'm burnt out! Switched to scout as main because zipgun is too sexy. Made a little compilation video

Will probably still do weekly deep dives though as I don't have any overclocks for my scout yet.

Well, they just did an interview with some Danish publication, about how they were the top seller on steam after their free weekend.
They sold about 100k with that weekend, and total about 1million so far. Also said something about having made 15 million dollars in total.

And that they were going to keep working on the game for years.

Back
Top Bottom