?Unofficial Bannerlord PC Workshop

Users who are viewing this thread

William The Bear said:
Commendable effort, keep going!

Thanks for the support friend!

Greetings to all in our workshop.  We have not published material for a long time because of my workload and other problems.  So know we have not abandoned the topic!  We will continue our work in the workshop.  I hope soon we will make an application form to create a PC configuration and we will be even more interesting!

Publication №7: How to choose PSU
Publication №7: How to choose PSU
          Power supply is the most important component in a PC. From it directly depends on the service life of components and their protection. Choose a power supply, not the easiest task, since you need to have knowledge of circuitry. Even looking at the PSU in the reviews when it is disassembled, you probably will not be able to make a detailed conclusion.
But we will tell you about some trifles, paying attention to which, you will be able to navigate the choice of PSU without having extensive knowledge.

Form Factor

The mainform factors PSU are ATX, SFX and TFX. For convenience, there is a table from issue number 6 How to choose a case.

aa267f82cf66735439485d2ee84bf237.png

This is an approximate table, so when choosing a power supply, pay attention to what PSU format your chassis supports.

As you can see, ATX is the most frequently used form factor, therefore we will talk about it today.

Platform

Many power supplies are available on the same platform, from the same manufacturer. For example, PSU of thecompany Corsair are not exactly its development, they are bought from OEM suppliers. The highest quality platform makes Seasonic and Super Flower. The next step is CWT and FSP. Less known are Sirfa, Hipro, Enhance, Andyson, Flextronics and others.
          Such companies as Corsair can put another cooler, stick a sticker, paint the case in a different color, stick it with RGB tape and make minor changes to the circuitry. But you can meet the same power supply significantly cheaper from another manufacturer, with a different name and appearance. Every manufacturer has successful and unsuccessful platforms, in order to find out, you need to read reviews and reviews that are often paid for. To find out which platform is used in a specific PSU, go to the website: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

Do not let marketers mislead you, do not overpay for an inscription on the case. Be smarter !!!

Power

To begin with, we will determine the powercapacity supply. To do this, go to the website of the manufacturer of the video card and see thein the specification. recommended power PSU for a specific model. You can also additionally check the power consumption of yourconfiguration PC through the online calculators below.
https://www.bequiet.com/en/psucalculator
https://www.msi.com/calculator
But remember that the more loaded PSU the more noise its cooler makes. To avoid acoustic discomfort, choose models with a power margin for your system.

80 plus certification

Next, we turn our attention tocertification 80 plus. Certification may indirectly indicate the quality of the PSU filling. Silent and energy efficient power supplies are usuallycertified 80 PLUS Goldor higher. But you can not judge the quality of the filling PSU only by the presence of the certificate.

Certification 80 plus pass those power supplies whose efficiency with a load above 80%.

8d34de70a6c94a4a441836e218b3601b.png

After we decided on the power, we figured out the certificates and picked up to begin a deeper analysis.

Features of a good power supply

A good power supply can be identified by the presence of some features. To do this, you need to look at the label of a particular PSU. You can find it in any of the text reviews, as well as other information presented below.

39bf6de4a62912bbbfc0ddf6bd4be49a.png

1) If the operating voltage is specified in wide voltage ranges, for example, 115-230 volts (50-60Ghz support for Euro standard and US), then the power supply unit has an active PFC.

Active PFC - designed for power factor correction, as well as additional stabilization of the input voltage of the main stabilizer of the unit.

This helps theoperate PSU toon a network with low voltage and constant drops.

2) The total power of the PSU corresponds fully or almost completely to the power of the 12-volt line, which indicates the presence of DC-DC converters.

DC-DC converters are used to convert the voltage to the desired level.

Thanks to the DC-DC converters, PSUs increase efficiency and reduce the heat generated. This information is best rechecked in the review.

3) I installeddon or taiwan capacitors. Low quality capacitors quickly lose their capacity and the power supply will increase pulsation, which adversely affects the hard drives, until the failure. I'm not talking about the failure of the power supply itself.

4) Ball bearing fan. In budget power supplies most often install coolers with a sleeve (sliding bearing). The cooler on the sliding bearing may start to produce an unpleasant extraneous noise in a few years and you will have to replace it. This item can be ignored if the budget assembly is going.

If your old PSU is designed on one of the quality platforms and has these features, do not rush to change it to a new one. If it is not under warranty, disassemble it and clean the dust, inspect the condensers for swelling, lubricate the cooler and continue to use.

List of models recommended for purchase

bbab0c362246b3a9b395b80619127d98.png

Summary

Unfortunately, I am not a professional in circuit engineering, I also need to learn a lot just like you. Ideally, you would need to buy these power supplies. Conduct a series of tests for ripple, current strength on the lines, measure the temperature of the components, check the noise of each model and much more. But I do not have the tools, extra time, money, and even the necessary skills and knowledge to conduct research of this magnitude. In writing this issue, I relied on my personal experience and reviews of other people. I would like to add more information and recommend other PSU models. But a lot of information is simply not in the public domain. I tried to offer the most balanced solutions between price / quality / necessity. On this I have everything, thank you all! 
Friends, we really need help with the correct translation! If it's not difficult for you, please suggest corrections.

Should mention, don't go for a cheap PSU so you can buy more expensive other parts. Don't want your bad 50$ PSU burning/frying your 900$ GPU. sadly i know someone who had this.

It's worth mentioning pcpartpicker.com. You put in the parts you have or plan to buy, and it calculates the power requirements. It even warns you if the PSU you've chosen is too weak or lacks a needed connector.

Other quality PSU brands are EVGA, XFX, and Corsair. They aren't OEMs themselves, but IIRC XFX and Corsair often use SeaSonic components and SeaSonic is the best in the business.

Younes123 said:
Should mention, don't go for a cheap PSU so you can buy more expensive other parts. Don't want your bad 50$ PSU burning/frying your 900$ GPU. sadly i know someone who had this.
A friend of mine once burned an AMD Radeon HD 7970 because of a bad power supply.

Cilcain said:
It's worth mentioning pcpartpicker.com. You put in the parts you have or plan to buy, and it calculates the power requirements. It even warns you if the PSU you've chosen is too weak or lacks a needed connector.
Thank you very much for a great resource!

Orion said:
Other quality PSU brands are EVGA, XFX, and Corsair. They aren't OEMs themselves, but IIRC XFX and Corsair often use SeaSonic components and SeaSonic is the best in the business.

You are absolutely right. Below I added a list of good manufacturers. But their decisions are not the best for their price. For example, why buy Corsair, with the worst filling for a smaller amount when you buy Seasonic with better circuitry?

Antec - ???
Asus
be quiet!
Chieftec
Cooler Master
Corsair
Enermax
EVGA
FSP Fortron
GIGABYTE
NZXT
Phanteks 
Seasonic
SilverStone
Super Flower
ThermalTake
XFX

Compare these two models you will be extremely surprised!)

https://www.computeruniverse.net/de/seasonic-focus-modular-80-gold-650-watt
https://www.computeruniverse.net/de/corsair-rm650x-80gold-650-watt

AJIexander said:
Jurgen said:
Advise a good headset, microphone and headphones for playing
Month on porridge from the axe  :grin:
https://m.rozetka.com.ua/offer/7113944/

I remember that you did a review on mice, share with friends from the forum those which mice are good for playing. From cheap to expensive.

Jurgen said:
AJIexander said:
Jurgen said:
Advise a good headset, microphone and headphones for playing
Month on porridge from the axe  :grin:
https://m.rozetka.com.ua/offer/7113944/

I remember that you did a review on mice, share with friends from the forum those which mice are good for playing. From cheap to expensive.

That review needs reworking.  When we are done with the issues regarding the main components of the PC, we will review the periphery!)

Publication №8: How to choose Motherboard
Publication №8: How to choose Motherboard
          Greetings to all! We definitely went most of the way and a lot is already behind. Hope you are still with me. This time we will try to understand the motherboard.

Form Factor

0b843b373d7f9b77a672c2ee1c35d014.png

If you have a Midi Tower case, you do not have to buy a commensurate ATX board. Micro ATX will be enough for you, unless of course you are going to install several video cards.

Socket

There is one rule for choosing a socket, it is selected based on the CPU you have chosen. Currently relevant AMD - AM4 and Intel - 1151 (v2).

Chipset

Depending on the chipset, your motherboard may have:

- ability to overclock memory and CPU;
- enhanced nutrition;
- additional slots (PCI-e, Sata and USB.).

Below I have left tables for comparing the current chipsets.

AMD
88d1c24534de712be4574bdcb24f190a.jpg
Intel
80590f903ebaf273bcaa4c3f2c16d827.png
Many people may wonder why not buy the very youngest chipset, because it has almost the same functions. For example, take the CPU R7 2700. Installing it in a budget-level motherboard with the A320 chipset is a bad idea. You can save a lot on the motherboard, but the processor can run at a lower frequency, which will cause a decrease in performance. Also increases the likelihood of failure of computer components. In addition, there may be compatibility problems when replacing the CPU with a model from a new generation, as the manufacturer actively supports more expensive solutions. The balanced options are the chipset B360 for Intel and the B450 for AMD, this is if you do not plan to buy a flagship processor with overclocking support.

General recommendations

To simplify the choice of the motherboard, I recommend remembering a few simple tips for yourself:

1) The motherboard should have four slots for RAM. Thanks to this, there will be no problems with increasing the amount of memory.

2) It is worth choosing models mainly with radiators in the zone VRM. it  It will protect you from overheating of the power components and help the motherboard work more stably, even under not very comfortable temperature conditions.

3) If you do not plan to overclock the system, then you should not overpay for additional power phases, huge radiators and consoles such as Gaming, Pro, and so on. This will not add to your performance.

4) You should not buy a specific model because of an improved sound or network chip. You can always buy an external sound card or network adapter the size of a USB flash drive which will be much better and cheaper.

5) Before buying a motherboard, pay attention to which CPU models it supports. This information can be viewed on the manufacturer's website.

Motherboard for overclocking

Overclocking is good, but effective overclocking requires a motherboard with an increased number of real power phases, large heatsinks, a successful memory controller, as well as a convenient and multifunctional bios. All this is still needed an:

- effective air cooling system of the CPU or a three-section water cooling system;

- processor with an index K (if it is Intel), these processors are significantly more expensive than those without K;

- perforated case, with the correct airflow system and at least four coolers (120mm or more);

- scalping the CPU with the replacement of the thermal interface with liquid metal;

- memory with good overclocking potential.

If you will be interested in the future, we will try to make a analysis of the motherboard for effective overclocking.

Summary

Looking at the above, we can say with confidence that the best solution would be to buy an i5-9400f and a motherboard on the chipset B360 than an i5-9600k on the Z370 (Z390), plus the entire list above, and invest the remaining funds in the GPU. The option with the most expensive chipset can only be justified if you buy a core i9 (k) or core i7 (k) processor. When gaining extra performance cannot be achieved by purchasing a more expensive CPU and there is only overclocking. If we talk about AMD, then there are even fewer reasons for buying motherboards on the expensive chipsets X370, X470 and X570, since the mid-price chipset B450 also supports overclocking. But this is not the only reason. CPU AMD they do not have a high overclocking potential; accordingly, overclocking them does not make sense. And on this we complete our today's release, see you soon in the workshop.
Friends, we really need help with the correct translation! If it's not difficult for you, please suggest corrections.

FBohler said:
Mistery is: will BL support ray tracing?  :fruity:
KucukEniste said:
Terco_Viejo said:
KucukEniste said:
Terco_Viejo said:
It could be more of the same..."In some way this year"..."Finishing touches"...ornaments like that. :roll:

KucukEniste said:
In another Turkish interview  they said, they WANTED to release in 2019. Just like previous years.

If the game is not ready there is no reason to release in 2019.

It's this particular video

If some Turkish speaker could provide us with a reliable translation of the confirmation sentence, it would be a nice gesture to those of us who do not know the language.

Link is not working. Maybe i could try to translate after dinner if you have the link of the video you mentioned.
remove the spaces
https://youtu.be/LtC1Qx 0 4 - a Q

Interviewer-(Talks about RTX and Nvidia) What will you do with ray tracing in bannerlord.

Ali Erkin-We have too much shadows in the game.This means that Ray tracing is very good for us but we need to wait for rtx cards becoming common. (They talk about prices of graphic cards and saying that people usually buy 1050 ). We are trying to make system requirements low as possible.

Its an interview from 2018 gamescom.

Hey guys, do you think I will be able to run Bannerlord 1080p High at 60 fps? CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X GPU: GTX 1060 6GB (might replace it with a GTX 1660 Ti if I'll be able to sell the old one for a good price) RAM: DDR4 16GB 3200Mhz CL16 SSD: Samsung 860 EVO.

Johnny99 said:
Hey guys, do you think I will be able to run Bannerlord 1080p High at 60 fps? CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X GPU: GTX 1060 6GB (might replace it with a GTX 1660 Ti if I'll be able to sell the old one for a good price) RAM: DDR4 16GB 3200Mhz CL16 SSD: Samsung 860 EVO.
1) I think this is entirely possible.

2) If you change the graphics card, take a look at the RTX 2060 super or AMD 5700. In a couple of months, the cost will drop and it will be the best product for its money.

Back
Top Bottom