The Warband Native League
Featuring Mandingo

5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
Q

How do you rate your teams chances in Division C? Who will be your teams main rivals and why?
A

I think we are one of the strongest teams in the division, but there are certainly a few teams that could prove to be a challenge. Our performance in scrims has shown that there is some real individual talent within the team, such as big boy Thyestes. We've also picked up some dedicated players which have allowed The Senate to ascend. Fallen Pride are definitely our main rivals, and have been for a long time; we expect there to be a few grudge matches, but Senate will come out on top.

Q

Tell us a bit about the history behind the Senate. Despite being relatively new to the game you seem to be making rapid progress both as individual players and as a team. What would you say are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?
A

The Senate was founded in 2017 for the RTC by Gibby. There was a period of roughly a year where The Senate didn't play, but the team was reformed in mid 2018 with a new roster and, with the help of some top players, we were able to get some decent tournament placements. Although the team is quite different to the original version there is a strong core that continues to play from tournament to tournament. Despite this, there have been big roster changes and that has come with some cohesion & co-ordination problems, but we should be able to iron those out within the next few weeks. We also have a new leader, so there is a learning period wherein he gets to grip with his new responsibilities.

Q

Which players will do well over the course of the tournament in your opinion, whether its in your division or the tournament in general?
A

Apart from the division A players who are expected to perform well, there are definitely some new players that I haven't seen before who are tearing up the scene in the lower divisions. Adek performed very well in the WWC, in particular in the match against Wonwokie; based on this performance I also believe Black Eagles will perform well in their given division. Walter and Cobra are also rapidly improving skillwise due to the sheer amount of playtime that they are putting into the game; I expect that by the end of the tournament they will both be considerably better than they are now.

Q

What is your opinion on the general state of the scene? One topic of debate is often how newcomer friendly we are as a community, what is your experience?
A

The scene is in a good state considering how long it has been around, but I know that the number of players has decreased from what it used to be. We've found that the scene is generally quite newcomer friendly, especially given our experiences with players like Fietta and Ciiges who have both helped out quite a lot. We are in quite a privileged position compared to many new teams, as Gibby has given us a lot of advice and is able to bring people in to help out, but I don't think there's a problem with people being hostile to new players. Sometimes people are hostile to new players in matchmaking, but that's the same in every game really. I've heard a lot about past years in Warband when there was drama among the top teams and real beef that went along with it. Personally, I think that this sort of drama probably encouraged people to watch matches and to follow the scene more closely. Either way, I definitely have to say that in the current scene everyone is friendly with one another and there isn't any big beef to enjoy, except of course for The Senate vs Fallen Pride.

Back
Top Bottom