The Warband Native League
Featuring Kane

5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
Q

How do you rate your teams chances in Division A? Who will be your team's main rivals and why?
A

Hard to say. All the teams in Division A belong there because of their rosters. The teamplay, however, will decide who wins and who loses. House Tully certainly has the best teamwork out of the group. As for FTW, I'd rate our chances 50/100 right now. We are a group of skilled individuals who are working on improving our teamwork. As for our rivals, I think House Tully and Main Eleven will be our main rivals for obvious reasons. The rosters of these two teams are stacked with very experienced players and commanders.

Q

Ferocious Trident Wielders are a fairly old team by today's standards, but have been on a break recently. As one of their new members how do you feel playing with them so far? What would you say are your strong suits, and in which aspects are you lacking?
A

As an archer it has been a difficult time. We have had alot of trouble to get our individual classes to play together. This means that our archers get pushed alot and receive little support. The same goes for our other classes, the teamwork is just not quite there yet. The atmosphere is quite nice overall. Sometimes there is an argument here and there, but that happens, and we solve it and move on.

I'd say our strong suits would most definitely be our archers and the old player core. Mynes, Soul, Sponge and Robin have been playing together for a long time, and their teamwork resembles this perfectly. As for our archers it was quite a surprise to me. Tirtil and I have never played together before, but our teamwork seems to be spot on. Samu recently got added to our roster aswell, he is a skilled ranger and I am sure he will only strengthen our archer core even more.

Q

You been have one of the most active and outspoken members of this community ever since you joined, what is your opinion on the general state of the scene at the moment?
A

The scene has evolved alot since I joined back in 2016. A perfect example would be the Swadian infantries. Back then you barely saw anyone with an awlpike 2h mode. Now you see alot of players do it, and it works much better than anyone could expect. The overal community skill has gone up aswell. But on the other hand I feel like there is actually less "top" players than back in the day. There are, however, still very good players, who come just short of top. With the addition of WBMM I think the community is taking big steps towards a more fun and possibily competitive enviroment.

Q

Which players will you have an eye on for this tournament? Which rangers do you feel most threatened by when you play against them?
A

I've spent alot of hours on this game in the past two to three years, because of that I like to think that I have developed quite a decent gamesense. As a result of this I don't fear many players, as I think that only makes you play worse. There are, however, players that always stay in the back of my mind when I fight against them. The main players are: Scar, Ciiges, LeRoux and Menethil. I know these players are very skilled in their respected categories and will always try to outsmart the enemy players.

As stated above LeRoux would most definitely be my main choice, followed by Menethil. Other archers that have been performing good recently are Rayden, Apollo and Razer.

nice interview :razz: hopefully some of the newer clans from div C and B will volunteer their time to explain what made them sign up for the first time :razz:

It surprises me to see anyone go awlpike 2h as that used to be an instant head popping

I really aprecciate the effort.

I'd prefer you reached for these less known players and clans though. Get them into the scene and anchor for good rather than hyping those who don't need any hype.

CarpeDiem said:

I'd prefer you reached for these less known players and clans though. Get them into the scene and anchor for good rather than hyping those who don't need any hype.

It's a good idea but the fact is that interest lies on the high skilled side of the game rather than the beginners.

Also nice interview Kane, this guy surprised me a lot with his sick archer skills.

Donut The Donut said:
CarpeDiem said:

It's a good idea but the fact is that interest lies on the high skilled side of the game rather than the beginners.

Also nice interview Kane, this guy surprised me a lot with his sick archer skills.

There are plenty of veterans that know just as much about a game as a highly skilled player. That's like saying a sports analyst knows nothing because they weren't a professional athlete. In my experience the best players usually make poor judge of other talent in Warband.

We have planned out a series of 9 interviews, 3 per division. The Division A guys were simply the fastest to get back to us. If these are well received I'm happy to look into interviewing more teams and players over the course of the tournament.

Back
Top Bottom