Author Topic: [WNL7] Suggestions  (Read 10392 times)

Apollo~

• Baron
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/568F08F5/
    • Twitter - Apollo_MBW_
    • Twitch.tv - apollombw
    • YouTube - UC-6LvZKp9RBeO6GEqXJa15Q
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • WB
Re: [WNL7] Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 08:58:08 PM »

Yeah, I gotta agree you should add this map over any of the current captain vote open maps. All 3 of them just arent that good xD

Also, could we get images of the closed maps? I only know 1/3 would be nice to take a look at the rest before we vote. 

Scar

• View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: AE_Scar
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 11:25:29 PM »
How about shortening round time a little bit? Had an 8v8 yesterday, felt long before the flag spawned.
We have discussed your suggestion, and feel like the round time is needed on most maps for potential movement before flags actually spawn. We will therefore keep round timers at 180 seconds.

How about letting substitutions maybe limit 2 per set? It worked alright in last tournament.
Looking back at the WWC19, mid set substitutions weren't really utilizied by many teams, only a few. We also want to keep multiclassers relevant, and therefore encourage teams to think about who they'll put in in order to react best to any situation that might come up during a set and require a change in their class setup.

Suggestion: Blivandefar's idea here.

AFAIK Azan already has this modded. Definitely a nice improvement!
We feel like we are too close to the start of the tournament to put in such a change without discussing within the community and testing it properly. We are happy to look at it again for the WNL8.

I had hoped that it would be in there from start on, but it isnt, so i suggest my map "Waterfall" to be added to the captains mapvote.
Overview
(click to show/hide)
Flags
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Timelapse of the making:
(click to show/hide)
An open map, but small in comparison, which leads to a more dynamic and faster-shaped experience.
It was played on Matchmaking and quite some players liked it.
I know im not supposed to give my biased opinion, but i think this map has alot of potential and is more than able to compete with the other maps in question.
Would be great to give it a chance, admins :)
We have added your map as the fourth open map option for captains to choose from.

I've added an overview picture of every map in the map in information thread and the captain map vote thread respectively. All maps except for Waterfall have also been added to the admin module, they will be available on all official WNL servers.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:20:21 AM by Scar »

OurGloriousLeader

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: AE_Zaudunyani_OGL
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 04:52:12 PM »
Suggestion: Blivandefar's idea here.

AFAIK Azan already has this modded. Definitely a nice improvement!

We feel like we are too close to the start of the tournament to put in such a change without discussing within the community and testing it properly. We are happy to look at it again for the WNL8.

There's definitely enough time, can only assume the admin team is cowardly, and lying too. Shame...

Scar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 04:56:53 PM »
There's definitely enough time, can only assume the admin team is cowardly, and lying too. Shame...
My mistake, please point me to the indepth community discussion and tell us about your planned testing sessions.

(click to show/hide)

RobinWar

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Pro Actor & Bartender
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: FTW_Robin
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 02:03:20 PM »
Maybe you could consider adding Legacy Town into the captain map vote thread? :D

HKP

• Master Knight
  • ㅇㅅㅇ
    • Steam - honigkp/
    • View Profile
    • poi~
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 07:11:53 PM »
Am i the only one thinking that Aldea Dumar is sandi with other textures?
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ AS I HOLD THE SAMURAI SWORD TO MY STOMACH AS I WAS ABOUT TO COMMIT SUDOKU I WATCH MATT PLAY WARBAND.. I REMEMBER A TIME WHEN MATT WAS A NOLIFE, NOW I AM A NOLIFE... GOOD BYE MATT ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
Quote from: DaRedViper
I guess leaving warband damages my terrorist career in a major way

Hero_of_Ferelden

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - AnchorTheMean
    • Twitter - Anchor_MB
    • YouTube - UCflAJSgnH62KmHAZbIPEoLQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Anchor
  • WB
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 07:14:47 PM »

imo it's a better version of sandi.

Fietta

• buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
  • Count
  • Jonathan Randall
    • Steam - trot888
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Fietta
  • M&BNWWF&SWBVC
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2019, 01:20:36 AM »
I'm unsure as to why Naval Outpost has been put on the map pool over Mountain Fortress, not only is Naval Outpost a rather large 'closed' map (far more open), there's extreme unbalances when it comes to boat flag. The people on the boat always have an advantage when it comes to flag and positions, It's really hard to push, you can't just go to that flag willy nilly like you can on pretty much every other map. You have to push it with some decent support and tactics.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:11:05 AM by Fietta »

HKP

• Master Knight
  • ㅇㅅㅇ
    • Steam - honigkp/
    • View Profile
    • poi~
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 01:25:03 PM »

I agree with that but what I meant to say what that I'd dislike to have the same map twice in the mappool.

I'm unsure as to why Naval Outpost has been put on the map pool over Mountain Fortress, not only is Naval Outpost a rather large 'closed' map (far more open), there's extreme unbalances when it comes to boat flag. The people on the boat always have an advantage when it comes to flag and positions, It's really hard to push, you can't just go to that flag willy nilly like you can on pretty much every other map. You have to push it with some decent support and tactics.
this goes for pretty much every flag, on every map, silly.
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ AS I HOLD THE SAMURAI SWORD TO MY STOMACH AS I WAS ABOUT TO COMMIT SUDOKU I WATCH MATT PLAY WARBAND.. I REMEMBER A TIME WHEN MATT WAS A NOLIFE, NOW I AM A NOLIFE... GOOD BYE MATT ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
Quote from: DaRedViper
I guess leaving warband damages my terrorist career in a major way

Fietta

• Count
  • Jonathan Randall
    • Steam - trot888
    • View Profile
  • M&BNWWF&SWBVC
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 02:25:23 PM »

I agree with that but what I meant to say what that I'd dislike to have the same map twice in the mappool.

this goes for pretty much every flag, on every map, silly.

The boat flag is OP.

Scar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 02:27:18 PM »
Maybe you could consider adding Legacy Town into the captain map vote thread? :D
We have discussed this already before the tournament, we wanted to have at least one "new" closed map in the map pool for this tournament, therefore we will not add Legacy Town I'm afraid.

They are similar but not the same. From my experience they play out differently in the actual fights because positions are arguably more accessible on Aldea Dumar. That being said, first it would have the get the majority of the votes anyway.

I think Mountain Fortress is equally large in scale, the open flag alone already makes it a mixed map imo, let alone the ruins flag. I agree, on Naval Outpost boat is not easy to push, but it's definitely doable. There are unbalances with most flag spawns if not all, because usually they offer some defensive positions that one team reaches before the other. We are confident that Naval Outpost is the superior choice for the tournament.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 02:31:51 PM by Scar »

OurGloriousLeader

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 03:20:16 PM »
Perhaps if there was some way to know which flag was coming so you could prepare in advance and take advantageous positions, that would solve the problem of both Mountain Fortress and Naval Outpost...

(click to show/hide)

Scar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 03:23:41 PM »
Perhaps if there was some way to know which flag was coming so you could prepare in advance and take advantageous positions, that would solve the problem of both Mountain Fortress and Naval Outpost...

(click to show/hide)
That solves exactly nothing, because the defensive positions will still be there, and one team will reach them first.

(click to show/hide)

OurGloriousLeader

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »
More time to deal with it, and foreknowledge that you'll have to allows different positions and builds. Also a lot of flags are able to be reached at roughly equal times, but when it's random teams simply move to the best defensive flag and hope it spawns there rather than contesting the enemy's defensive flag (after all why would you, unless you absolutely had to). Almost like having random objective is still terrible and not in any other game...

Fietta

• Count
  • Jonathan Randall
    • Steam - trot888
    • View Profile
  • M&BNWWF&SWBVC
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 03:59:15 PM »
I mean, if you really think about it OGL, there's normally a flag closer to either spawn, meaning one can always setup quicker. You've also go to remember when it comes to randomised flag spawns, people normally stay close to both flags and teams will move all the time, if you already know where the flag is, then the closer team would just run to the flag and setup? Atleast with random flags, both teams have a chance of getting to the flag...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:01:36 PM by Fietta »