[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

st_ryder said:
are the rewards predetermined? I got bow and arrows 3 times in a row, with reloading
I didn't link that page to you for nothing:
The prize for winning the next Elacrai tournament is only rolled when you win, meaning no matter how much times passes between two successful tournaments - be it 1 month or 2 years - , your prize for your next tournament is determined from the point you won the last one (or the game's start for the 1st one).

It's excellent solution overall BTW. Rewards are not always great but mostly they're usable by companions at least and sometimes can be really good. In worst case you can simply sell them reliably. Tournaments, if not very challenging at high levels (when you got used to noldor madness), are quite intense anyway so it's a good experience. I even reload sometimes if random for round was ridiculous but not for a reward - for experience, since it's only once in a month.

sher said:
It's excellent solution overall BTW. Rewards are not always great but mostly they're usable by companions at least and sometimes can be really good. In worst case you can simply sell them reliably. Tournaments, if not very challenging at high levels (when you got used to noldor madness), are quite intense anyway so it's a good experience. I even reload sometimes if random for round was ridiculous but not for a reward - for experience, since it's only once in a month.

would not agree, but to each their own. imo if somebody wants to lose their sanity by farming to get that exact item they want, why not let them?

st_ryder said:
if somebody wants to lose their sanity by farming to get that exact item they want, why not let them?

Because it's a waste of time. People put efforts in mod and want players to experience good stuff, not being caught in delusional traps. You can cheat any item you want instantly, the only ones you cannot get this way are with modifiers but rerolling noldor tournaments for them is also waste of time since you can get them with hideout and KO stronghold services.

Great reward is meaningful when it's a pleasant surprise and when you know that is great - in a row of not so great rewards you'll be able to feel it.

I'm marshal of Sarleon who is at war with the D'Shar and viking guys.

The wars been going on for a long time. The viking guys lost a bunch of border castles but we lost a town and a castle to the D'shar (it was theirs to begin with so I'm not too bothered). Our dumbass king won't declare peace with the vikings despite getting a lot of land from them and the D'shar now running all over us. Doesn't help they can pull troops out of their ass and my "jail" in Singal is more like a public park lords can just walk out of at will.

It's been a rough adjustment going from an exclusively Adventurer Hero's an Heroine's based company to an actual Sarleon army. The knights are garbage and the much-toted bowmen are blind. I manage fine against infantry-based factions but the D'Shar run rings around me. They spread out in a huge line and then encircle you and there is nothing you can do other than outnumber them. No matter how many times I throw them back, they always come back a couple of days later. And my kings just won't delcare a peace.

What can I do?

P.S.: How do lord garrisons work? They seem to grow endlessly and are raised in a fraction of the time they should. I saw a backwater castel I captured a few days ago with a garrison of over 600 men. And I'm in the red just having 400 ordinary troops in Singal. 

MountainBladesMan said:

The wars been going on for a long time. The viking guys lost a bunch of border castles but we lost a town and a castle to the D'shar (it was theirs to begin with so I'm not too bothered). Our dumbass king won't declare peace with the vikings despite getting a lot of land from them and the D'shar now running all over us. Doesn't help they can pull troops out of their ass and my "jail" in Singal is more like a public park lords can just walk out of at will.

It's been a rough adjustment going from an exclusively Adventurer Hero's an Heroine's based company to an actual Sarleon army. The knights are garbage and the much-toted bowmen are blind. I manage fine against infantry-based factions but the D'Shar run rings around me. They spread out in a huge line and then encircle you and there is nothing you can do other than outnumber them. No matter how many times I throw them back, they always come back a couple of days later. And my kings just won't delcare a peace.

What can I do?

P.S.: How do lord garrisons work? They seem to grow endlessly and are raised in a fraction of the time they should. I saw a backwater castel I captured a few days ago with a garrison of over 600 men. And I'm in the red just having 400 ordinary troops in Singal.

Singal is not easy to defend and it is deep into enemy territory, i would use the exchange fief dialogue and ask Duke Aelfwine to exchange Singal with Marleons.
Sarleon troops are meh, i would stick to mercenaries (adventurers / hero, Barclay Heavy Soldat and from rescued farmers train up to Pendor Armored Bowmen).
You can then create a KO chapter or make a CKO to cover your needs depending on your playstyle.

From camp -> pop options you can set the garrison left by the AI to medium or low.

MountainBladesMan said:

What can I do?

Just out of interest what day number are you on? I'm just trying to gauge my progress in the game.

If my character is knocked out in battle, is his Prisoner Management skill used to calculate the chance to capture a lord or unique spawn? 

Or does the character need to be alive and conscious at the end of the battle in order to apply the Prisoner Management capture bonus to the chance to capture a lord or unique spawn? 

ssssnake said:
If my character is knocked out in battle, is his Prisoner Management skill used to calculate the chance to capture a lord or unique spawn?
Although I'm not 100% sure as it's an unusual scenario and a bit hard to test, but I think the capture bonus of Prisoner Management works even if you get knocked out at the end of the battle with no First Aid skill contributor in your party. Simply because the Leadership skill is also classified as a 'leader' skill, and the wage reduction from it applies even if you are wounded at the time of the weekly payday. Likewise the morale bonus at any time of the day. The prisoner and party capacity aspects work all the time obviously, I didn't mean those in this analysis.

However, Trainer skill is a 'personal' skill, and I remember high-level companions - with some points in Trainer ofc - not training recruits overnight because they were wounded. So some aspects of Persuasion (the only other non-combat 'personal' skill) might not work either when you are wounded, or perhaps it's only for NPCs.

Do the heretic writings and snake cult rituals drop from the smaller enemy groups or only armies?
I'm trying to bump my reputation with Ebony Gauntlet up and the castles I want I can't take yet to build a chapter so I'm left with using them but the only 2 I've got so far are from a snake cult army.

I've trashed about 40 cult groups of 40-50 and got nothing and following s patrol to help it got me no rep, which is annoying because I lost 27 Lion and Clarion units helping them because they went on a 4 man patrol and attacked a 120 man adventurer group.

Do the heretic writings and snake cult rituals drop from the smaller enemy groups or only armies?
I'm trying to bump my reputation with Ebony Gauntlet up and the castles I want I can't take yet to build a chapter so I'm left with using them but the only 2 I've got so far are from a snake cult army.

I've trashed about 40 cult groups of 40-50 and got nothing and following s patrol to help it got me no rep, which is annoying because I lost 27 Lion and Clarion units helping them because they went on a 4 man patrol and attacked a 120 man adventurer group.
The answer can be found here:
https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Snake_Cult_Rituals
https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Heretic_Writings

Back
Top Bottom