[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheAnyKey said:
Do you get more renown per battle the fewer reinforcement waves you have per round?

Also, thank you, Gorvex.
Yes, because that means that the battle will be divided into more rounds, and the renown gain happens at the end of each battle round, based on the remaining party strength differences.

And you're welcome!  :grin:

Please explain me in detail how the new (since 3.9) capturing chance for minor heroes script works. There is so many misunderstandings and always hear different explainings from people. Some say, it gets prerolled for the whole week and i will be able to cath all of them in this week or they all will escape in that week, others say that it's bull**** and it gets rerolled after every battle in same week.

So, how the hell does it work in detail?

1) Every 5 days script will generate random from 0 to 99.
2) After each battle with heroic personality it will reroll. Aslo Eyegrim the Devourer and Tree Seers are counted.
3) This mercenary NPS will never be captured:
Kapitan Gerhart
Toblik
Velasco Perfecta Banderas Durante
Lydia of Sarno
Grandilon
Sir Timothy
Lothario
Sir Morcas VII Baron Verral
Firuz the Brazen
Shiruzah of the Hallowed Arrow
Jarryn Maersow
4) Chance_to_capture = 40% + prisoner_managment*5
5) If one of the noldor lords is partisipating as ally or enemy then you will never capture anyone

Hero will escape if evaluation is true
Random(100) + prisoner_managment*5 < 60
If noldor participate than Random = -100
-100 + prisoner_managment*5 < 60 - it will always be true

The whole point of this was to prohibit savescumming and yet you want exact mechanics for you to exploit it somehow. Just play the game normally and have fun, you can cheat any number of QG anytime.

The whole point of this was to save player time so he/she doesn't have to replay every battle 15 times to get different outcome. Just play and accept the result. Otherwise he/she can go to the cheat menu and take whatever is needed.

I don't wanted to savescum or something, i just wanted to know about mod mechanic. There is so much missunderstanding out there, i think, it should be created in sepate topic and pinned on forum board xD.

Most people don't savescum and have no problems with normal flow of the game where you're supposed not to capture leaders every single time - there's no need to know exact mechanic at all. Devs took steps to show light to those poor addicts who waste time on savescumming and ruin their own experience with uncalled troubles. Most resilient of them are still trying to do the same thing despite huge additional efforts brought by new mechanic which just make random unaffected by loading immediate saves. Their needs are not needs of majority of players, like, at all.

Sher there is a need to know what you are playing exactly and how it works. It is called"curiosity". Wikipedia says that it is common to all human beings at all ages ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, it's offtop, i stop.

They only NEED to know that loading save will not change probability of capture to not waste time and it's already stated in changelog and can be copied to pop wiki. There is no need in sticky thread or any other flashy moves - that is my point. It's already stated in the game that capturing is a chance affected by PM skill - it's exactly how it works and only savescum addicts will see an issue here.

Is there a means to speed up the real time battles? They sometimes go on for hours. I just woke up and my previous battle vs. a larger Noldor army (10k+) was still not finished. If I auto resolve I'll lose or have at least heavy casualties and most of my army are CKO troops.

The bug with the noldors is that game engine doesn't count doubles noldor values for autobattle. It has its own values. The AI will fight with noldors even if they are stronger. So they can become very strong. It can be handled in module system.

The weapon proficiencies of my CKO knights are >800. Does weapon proficiency over 699 continue to increase the combat effectiveness or is 699 the effective limit?

Gorvex said:
TheAnyKey said:
Does weapon proficiency over 699 continue to increase the combat effectiveness?
Yes. 1000 is the limit in PoP.

Thank you!

Where can I get better bows for my CKO units? All they have is a couple basic ones. Both the Noldor lords don't add any bows.

So regarding this upcoming feature in 3.9.5 :

"-- "Purge the world" - attempt to reduce sizes of all field armies (not currently in battle) to the selected maximum value (1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 7.5k, 10k) by removing (starting from the bottom) stacks of troops with level <35; low level soldiers will be disbanded first (level thresholds: <=10, <=19, <=25, <=34); there is one extra option to set max to 1k and completely ignore level cap during disbanding operation"

is this aimed at solving the issue of savegames becoming corrupted at some point late in the game because of too many parties on the map? Because I was under the impression that this was already resolved in a past version, or am I mistaken?

mr48 said:
So regarding this upcoming feature in 3.9.5 :

"-- "Purge the world" - attempt to reduce sizes of all field armies (not currently in battle) to the selected maximum value (1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 7.5k, 10k) by removing (starting from the bottom) stacks of troops with level <35; low level soldiers will be disbanded first (level thresholds: <=10, <=19, <=25, <=34); there is one extra option to set max to 1k and completely ignore level cap during disbanding operation"

is this aimed at solving the issue of savegames becoming corrupted at some point late in the game because of too many parties on the map? Because I was under the impression that this was already resolved in a past version, or am I mistaken?
I think it's to solve the problem that many player complained about that 10k+ army of eyegrim and some player excited to fight 10k+ army of eyegrim. So the dev decided to make the option.

Can you raid the Noldor Castle indefinitely? They just re-garrison it with the same 1000 units + 100 Jatu prisoners. The Noldor seem to be very forgiving (or forgetful) about our raids of  Elacrai. 

Back
Top Bottom