[WWC18] Discussion Topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fietta said:
Yeah they're pretty garbage. Had to switch servers today, DE7 was bad but DE4 was fine? Heard they're different hosts.

Yes, there are three different host atm. DE 1-3 is on the same, DE 4-6 and DE 7-8. I just put DE7 and DE8 up to test their performance. For us, DE 4-6 are completely fine and we did not have any issues. I am very sorry for the lags I do my best to fix it. I will setup DE7 and DE8 again but on a completely different host, which should not have any issues.

Yesterday's match took place on servers from Bullez, before everything was fine. I played myself (and many of my friends) and there were no problems. In addition, I personally play on mobile internet, so theoretically worse. We try to provide the best playing conditions, if you have any ideas for improvement, please introduce them.

I've definitely noticed a little lag on the servers previously. Maybe you could post the specs of where they're hosted and people with better technical know-how can see if it's lacking anywhere.

Yes, I do not deny that the servers are laggy. As far as I know and what LordMetzger told me is that the amount of RAM and the clock rate do not really matter for Warband Servers. The main problem for my servers/malta servers is the virtualization.  Due to OVZ, the server does not have its own core. DE7 and DE8 are different. They are running on a KVM and do not have this problem. So basically they should run without any trouble. The main reason why I put DE 4-6 up is that in the past no one complained about the malta servers and some guys asked me if I can host some servers for this tournament because they had problems with DE1-3.

Regardless donating servers is always appreciated. Tournaments couldn't happen without it.

Taleworlds did donate some a few times...the worst servers ever donated since they never got restarted! Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom