[WWC18] Discussion Topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HKP said:
Apfel said:
HKP said:
2 vaegir archers on every somewhat open map will just pin you down and crossfire the **** outta you
The key is not to play open maps, they arent that much fun in 6v6 anyway
you can run 2 archers on pretty much every map though xd

With 2 minutes on the clock, the better setup would probably just be 1 archer 2 cav 3 inf

The short time limit isn't as bad as I thought it would be but could do with a few seconds extra in the round, like 20s or 30s. At the moment it's just slightly too beneficial if you get a defensive flag, and it's slightly too easy to end up with those 4v1s but the 1 guy has to shield for 7 seconds on flag and wins the round situations which feel silly and at these lengths of rounds, unearned.

OurGloriousLeader said:
The short time limit isn't as bad as I thought it would be but could do with a few seconds extra in the round, like 20s or 30s. At the moment it's just slightly too beneficial if you get a defensive flag, and it's slightly too easy to end up with those 4v1s but the 1 guy has to shield for 7 seconds on flag and wins the round situations which feel silly and at these lengths of rounds, unearned.

Just played a scrim. 2 minute is not enough to do any tactic you just have to go flag its boring and i hope you consider to increase it to atleast 2:30 and then flag spawns in 1:50.

Menethil said:
Just played a scrim. 2 minute is not enough to do any tactic you just have to go flag its boring and i hope you consider to increase it to atleast 2:30 and then flag spawns in 1:50.

2.20-25 round time 1.45 flag spawn or alternative above may work pretty well

Charlini said:
Menethil said:

2.20-25 round time 1.45 flag spawn or alternative above may work pretty well
Sounds very good, could even do 2.10 and 1.35

Did an impromptu stream where Malta played HV, can check it out here if you're interested. Also wanna stream a few more matches to get a better idea of it.

Too late at night for a detailed opinion but I liked streaming this alot more than older matches. Ignore the fumbling at the start, its been a while  :oops:
I havent tried it as a player yet though.

Played two matches with the new settings so far, it feels like the right direction, I'd say we only need a little bit more time. It kind of forces a certain playstyle and may get boring once we all adapt. Reducing rewards is also a big positive, the game feels more balanced and enjoyable.

CarpeDiem said:
It kind of forces a certain playstyle and may get boring once we all adapt.

Agreed it basically removes any other options than the "meta" - but since we're currently all doing that anyway, it doesn't hurt any more than the stale meta already does. Once the best time is found, maybe we can look at some other changes that further improve the gameplay.

Just played with 2.20 per round and flag spawning at 1.45, felt pretty good, plenty of time to do anything and fights or decisions were not rushed at all

You should also be sure to include the stat changes from previous tournament and currently on WBMM (I think):

Vaegirs
Inf Shield skill 2 -> 4
Archer Power Strike 0 -> 1
Cav Ironflesh 4 -> 3

Nords
Cav Shield skill 1 -> 2
Inf Power Throw 4 -> 3

Sarranids
Inf Shield Skill 2 -> 4
Archer Power Strike 0 -> 1
Cav Athletics 0 -> 3
Cav Power Strike 2 -> 3

Rhodoks
Cav Riding 4 -> 5
Xbow Shield 2 -> 4

I don't think anyone has any complaints about these stats but it gives minor quality of life improvements e.g. not making sarranids and vaegirs trivially easy to footshot, not making rhodok cav absolutely useless etc.

Will known cheaters be allowed to play? i.e ones banned from previous tournaments for using wallhacks, aimbot etc... and also ones from other mods who have been caught cheating? asking for a friend :grin:

Also
Apollo~ said:
Hey, do you guys have any idea when the tourney will start and other stuff like the map pool? would be really good to know thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom