Author Topic: [WWC18] Discussion Topic  (Read 13746 times)

Aharo

• View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Aharo
Re: [WWC18] Discussion Topic
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »
First of all, we wish you all the best for the upcoming holidays! For those who celebrate them, and of course for others as well :)

Thank you for the numerous suggestions in connection with the tournament. We will certainly refer to them all in due time. Before we start the competition, we will discuss everything thoroughly.

CarpeDiem

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: CarpeDiem
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2018, 01:02:17 PM »
We got to play a match with 7 rounds per set and 2 maps, it's really boring with current time settings, even tho the match ends as one of the teams gets 8 rounds. I also can't see what's the point of having to play two maps against one team and then calling it two seperate matches. I'd make it 5 rounds as it is in the knockout stage. There is also the gold issue, it makes sense with 7 rounds, but again would have to be changed in the knockout stage, as we get to play less rounds?

Waljaaa

• Squire
  • Glorious Leader of the MoB
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2018, 02:08:02 PM »
What about just keeping the format we have right now but making the rounds 30s shorter ?
I feel like for casters theres enough time to really analyse things in between sets anyways.
This would make the matches a bit shorter.
If you use the 7 rounds per set you play 14 rounds per match which actually is not even shorter than most matches i've played so far in the past.
One-sided games very often end in like 12-0, 12-1 or 12-2 and the very close games end in 6-6, 7-6, 7-7 often aswell, in all these cases you play 14 rounds or less anyways.
Now I have to admit I haven't tested the format myself yet so, idk maybe someone who has tried it can confirm this?

White Snake

• Knight at Arms
  • M Y L I T T L E P O N Y ! ! !
    • Steam - foreternity
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: PaRa
  • WBNWM&BWF&SVC
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2018, 05:09:50 AM »
i think new formats will be great.

Harman

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »
We got to play a match with 7 rounds per set and 2 maps, it's really boring with current time settings, even tho the match ends as one of the teams gets 8 rounds. I also can't see what's the point of having to play two maps against one team and then calling it two seperate matches. I'd make it 5 rounds as it is in the knockout stage. There is also the gold issue, it makes sense with 7 rounds, but again would have to be changed in the knockout stage, as we get to play less rounds?

+1

• I think lowering the timer is worth trying if we want to play so many rounds per map in 6v6 format.
  • I guess we can count points for separate maps but I'd rather play those maps in one evening and threat them as a one "match". Extending group stage more than 3 weeks, when teams will most likely be unbalanced, will be extremely boring.
  • Also I think gold system should definitely be consistent throughout the tournament, so I would pick a format and gold system and stick to it for every map we play.

Tardet

• French Toast
  • Count
  • Who had this awful idea to get a frenchman in?
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/MndBTardet/
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Tardet
  • NW
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2018, 06:09:04 PM »
Also I think gold system should definitely be consistent throughout the tournament, so I would pick a format and gold system and stick to it for every map we play.

Spot on.

Giving the players a new format with a different economy could definitely be a positive change on the scene. Getting them to familiarize themselves with such format, only to change it (even slightly) once reaching the playoffs however could be extremely risky. If you want your playoffs matches to be more interesting, having the group stage in Bo1 and the playoffs in Bo3 is a possibility, but with your current format, it might create rather long matches which could end up being a bit 'too much' for non-professional gamers.

Putting a lot of thought behind your map-poll, reworking already existing maps to give them more in-depth tactical possibilities, having the competitive map-poll as small as possible to force teams to specialize themselves on certain maps, and actually play on the actual map strengths instead of their own; are part of the ideas you can implement to make the whole things more competitive.

At the end of the day, no matter which decisions you end-up taking, this will probably be a step in the right direction and will require some further tweakings in order to be fully playable and provide the viewers with the most exciting experience possible.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

WhiskeR

• +++++++ Just Monika +++++++
    • Steam - TheWhiskeR
    • Twitter - The_WhiskeR
    • Twitch.tv - thewhisker
    • YouTube - UCYz7eW1wUPKePuG74hCUc8A
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: WhiskeR
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2018, 10:12:18 PM »
Hello!

Just wanted to make some quick statements regarding the tournament:

• We are going to test some new in-game time settings. We are going to change the duration of the round from 3 minutes to 2 minutes.
    The flags are going to be forced at 1:20. You can try these settings on the test server and tell us whether the overall gameplay has improved.
  • In connection with the above, we also want to change the format of the games in group-phase to BO3 with 5 rounds per spawn to make the rounds even more dynamic.
  • To balance a smaller number of rounds, we plan to increase the bonus combat gold and survival gold to 75%.
  • Remember about our Discord server! You can join it by clicking HERE. Team Captains will have to be present at Discord during the tournament!
    It's going to make the contact with the administration easier both now and during the event (not only for captains, but for all interested players).

Have a nice day and don't forget to share your feedback with us!

Aharo

• View Profile
  • MP nick: Aharo
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2018, 10:13:26 PM »
Hello!

Just wanted to make some quick statements regarding the tournament:

• We are going to test some new in-game time settings. We are going to change the duration of the round from 3 minutes to 2 minutes.
    The flags are going to be forced at 1:20. You can try these settings on the test server and tell us whether the overall gameplay has improved.
  • In connection with the above, we also want to change the format of the games in group-phase to BO3 with 5 rounds per spawn to make the rounds even more dynamic.
  • To balance a smaller number of rounds, we plan to increase the bonus combat gold and survival gold to 75%.
  • Remember about our Discord server! You can join it by clicking HERE. Team Captains will have to be present at Discord during the tournament!
    It's going to make the contact with the administration easier both now and during the event (not only for captains, but for all interested players).

Have a nice day and don't forget to share your feedback with us!

nice post

HKP

• Master Knight
  • ㅇㅅㅇ
    • Steam - honigkp/
    • View Profile
    • poi~
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
Am I the only one that finds 1:20 forced flag at 2 mins round time disgusting?
This means if you don't get the flag you'll end up pushing straight into the enemy team due to the lack of time to position your players. Since its also 6v6 2 vaegir archers on every somewhat open map will just pin you down and crossfire the **** outta you. Mercs also has 1:20 flag on the default cw server and it's straight up cancer. I don't understand why you're trying to lower the round time but I feel like 2 mins flag spawn or atleast like 1:45 is totally needed.
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ AS I HOLD THE SAMURAI SWORD TO MY STOMACH AS I WAS ABOUT TO COMMIT SUDOKU I WATCH MATT PLAY WARBAND.. I REMEMBER A TIME WHEN MATT WAS A NOLIFE, NOW I AM A NOLIFE... GOOD BYE MATT ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
Quote from: DaRedViper
I guess leaving warband damages my terrorist career in a major way

Apfel

• Knight at Arms
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121865528/
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/
    • Twitch.tv - MoBApfel
    • YouTube - UCqYG7nYw5ikmcCj6cTuIMxg
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: Apfel
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2018, 02:32:48 PM »
2 vaegir archers on every somewhat open map will just pin you down and crossfire the **** outta you
The key is not to play open maps, they arent that much fun in 6v6 anyway
respect existence or
expect resistance

OurGloriousLeader

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: AE_Zaudunyani_OGL
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2018, 04:32:05 PM »
I do still feel 1.20 is too short a time to have a variety of different fights and basically forces teams to play one way, but I'll see what the tests look like.

HKP

• Master Knight
  • ㅇㅅㅇ
    • Steam - honigkp/
    • View Profile
    • poi~
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2018, 05:28:52 PM »
2 vaegir archers on every somewhat open map will just pin you down and crossfire the **** outta you
you can run 2 archers on pretty much every map though xd
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ AS I HOLD THE SAMURAI SWORD TO MY STOMACH AS I WAS ABOUT TO COMMIT SUDOKU I WATCH MATT PLAY WARBAND.. I REMEMBER A TIME WHEN MATT WAS A NOLIFE, NOW I AM A NOLIFE... GOOD BYE MATT ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Fietta

• buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
  • Count
  • Jonathan Randall
    • Steam - trot888
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Fietta
  • M&BNWWF&SWBVC
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »
you can run 2 archers on pretty much every map though xd

With 2 minutes on the clock, the better setup would probably just be 1 archer 2 cav 3 inf

HKP

• Master Knight
  • ㅇㅅㅇ
    • Steam - honigkp/
    • View Profile
    • poi~
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2018, 08:10:40 PM »
I'd run an additional archer instead of inf since you don't have enough cav to contest them anymore.

OurGloriousLeader

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: AE_Zaudunyani_OGL
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2018, 09:28:53 PM »
The short time limit isn't as bad as I thought it would be but could do with a few seconds extra in the round, like 20s or 30s. At the moment it's just slightly too beneficial if you get a defensive flag, and it's slightly too easy to end up with those 4v1s but the 1 guy has to shield for 7 seconds on flag and wins the round situations which feel silly and at these lengths of rounds, unearned.