Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

Users who are viewing this thread

Iron_Chieftain_Logo.png

ELTa2sQWkAMbGao
ELTa2sRW4AAf3H0

Regionaries! Do you have different heights? Some look taller than others.

I love the rainstorm, but I am not sure if the splattery sound fits a forest/thickly grassed area, because it sounds like rain hitting puddles and you don't really get puddles in thick grass. It doesn't sound quite as real a sound to me as the general rain noise, either. Maybe I am thinking about it too much and getting confused.

How do you plan to go about the building process and animation (if you haven't addressed that already. I might have missed something)?

I have the impression that the most popular "system" right now is to have workers carry the raw resources to the site in certain order and then different parts of the building appear corresponding to what kind of resources they brought and the logical order of construction. ie. they first bring stone, and the walls appear.

At first I planned to have different models for different levels of progress for each building, but that quickly quintupled the amount of work I had to do, and didn't look great. What I have right now is just a system where the people carry stuff to the building and do some hammer animations at its base, and then the building appears from top to bottom.

You could try what Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic uses - at first a scaffolding is erected so that it encompasses the future shape of the building (or just the main building, excluding things like accessory shacks, garages, power transformers and other such things that are parts of the building) and as the construction continues, the building grows up until it reaches the top of the scaffolding. Then the scaffolding disappears and the building is finished. I don't think it uses animations or different models. Just the building (or a certain part of it) are made to grow up in the generated scaffolding.

I6-6H.jpg
dDqfJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom