Frankia

Users who are viewing this thread

ariel127711 said:
She appears in the game's campaign Why not add her to the map?

it was not part of the game scope. As the game was released back in 2014 you shouldnt expect any new official features to be included. Mods in the other hand (including the ones you make) are free to do that.

Cheers

Yep, in the early stages but I'm in the process of making a mod (using the balance mod as a base) of dark age Europe, which includes all the Frankish kingdoms.

Thanks.

Check the balance mod thread for some pics of map scope. I plan to add a feature to settle culture/tribe (like the forced conversion) so you can change settlement culture (as happened historically in some areas).
  I will release a beta version after I am happy with the map and then add features and factions/cultures along the way.

Ryantheskinny said:
Thanks.

Check the balance mod thread for some pics of map scope. I plan to add a feature to settle culture/tribe (like the forced conversion) so you can change settlement culture (as happened historically in some areas).
  I will release a beta version after I am happy with the map and then add features and factions/cultures along the way.

Good luck, it's an ambitious mod though.  :smile:

Quick question, do you plan to expand the map more and add other factions instead of just Frankish kingdoms?
Edit: saw the proposed maps on the Balance mod thread. If you really add Moravia then I will worship you every day before going to bed... :grin:

ariel127711 said:
Francia appears in the campaign, she has a large part in this period. At least from most of England, and compared to wars, Frankia has more of a war with the Normans than Scotland.

yeah that makes no sense if you are talking about 9th century, and Scotland region (with their current kingdoms) is already part of the game, so your comment about it was and still is confusing. In any way that is not important  :razz:

@Ryantheskinny what time period will you be focusing on?

kalarhan said:
ariel127711 said:
Francia appears in the campaign, she has a large part in this period. At least from most of England, and compared to wars, Frankia has more of a war with the Normans than Scotland.

yeah that makes no sense if you are talking about 9th century, and Scotland region (with their current kingdoms) is already part of the game, so your comment about it was and still is confusing. In any way that is not important  :razz:

That she's already in the game does not mean anything except that it does not make sense.

The Normans invaded the Francia region more than Scotland, and there were more battles and events in France than in Scotland. Frankia appears in the campaign as an ally of the Anglo-Saxons and is a big part of the fight. Adding Scotland before Frankia seems to make no sense because Scotland is not taking part in the campaign.

kalarhan said:
ariel127711 said:

Think I read on his thread it could be like 900 AD? No big issue from my side but I still hope he settles on the vanilla year, in that year we could still have kingdom of Lotharingia so Frankish kingdoms would be even less OP.

Yeah Scotland atm seems very unimportant but if they were going to have all of England and Ireland, then it would be kinda strange if they left out Scottish part

Ryantheskinny said:
Yep, in the early stages but I'm in the process of making a mod (using the balance mod as a base) of dark age Europe, which includes all the Frankish kingdoms.

Oh, this really caught my eye. I checked the thread for the screenshots, is the scope really this?

gIyFlGf.png

That looks pretty gigantic tbh, but good luck with working on the whole project. I always wanted a Francia mod :smile:

BNS Marko said:
Ryantheskinny said:

Oh, this really caught my eye. I checked the thread for the screenshots, is the scope really this?

gIyFlGf.png

That looks pretty gigantic tbh, but good luck with working on the whole project. I always wanted a Francia mod :smile:

Yes, I have a new map for proposed factions, I'll post it once I get back to my computer. The year 900 AD was used for the original, I was thinking about doing a few years after the events of VC, and Tingyun suggested 871 for start date

The map isn't much larger than ACOK I'm currently at 177000 vertices and lag isn't horrible, but I haven't done any fine tuning to the mesh yet, should be able to get it to a reasonable number.

I'll post pic in Tingyuns balance mod thread as I don't want to hijack Ariel's thread to much.

Back
Top Bottom