Concerned Citizen

Users who are viewing this thread

Imanis

Banned
Duh said:
Imanis said:
As to your accusation of unsubstantiated claims, they have been thoroughly substantiated inside and outside of these forums, in a manner too lengthy to post here
You have too much proof to provide any? That is... a strange argument.

At this point I am not sure whether you are conflating your concerns regarding TW marketing with the censorship joke insinuations or are just pulling my leg... but the warning I issued only concerns the latter matter.

No conflation but definitely the former.

Duh said:
Imanis said:
(as it would just get "mod"-ified anyways).
Is this what this is about? You disliking your posts being merged (rather than altered) after you triple-posted? That is standard procedure of rule enforcement.

In any case, further claims of moderation abuse without evidence and in areas unrelated to forum policy will simply see you warned/muted/etc. (Do also note that we are not running any platforms beyond this one, though you are welcome to highlight issues with them in the realm as well.)

As for the rest of your post - we do communicate the concerns of the community (yours, those of others and our own) to TW. Aside from that, however, our focus is on keeping this place constructive and enjoyable for as many members as possible. To us this platform and community go beyond the commercial side of things. (Why else would we volunteer?)

Edith: Just to reiterate further discussion of these matters should go in the realm, private message or email.

Nobody alleged abuse. The issue here is that you are inextricably part of the TW PR machine, whether you will admit to your accountability of such or not. As such, you (and other managers) are a part of the same organization that patently ignores the most simple and basic request the core consumers of this game want at this time, and that that is a proven method for failure when it comes to public relations (I have worked in public relations for over 15 years and do so for video game companies on a contract basis). That's all I am saying.

I don't need to say anything else on the matter. I am not upset, jaded or otherwise even bothered. I am simply and objectively stating the facts concerning the present situation TW is in.

And don't call me Edith :p

Moved this to the appropriate place.

Imanis said:
Nobody alleged abuse.
Maybe our perception of abuse differs, but this post here alleges what we would consider abuse.
Imanis said:
Bannerlord_When? said:
haha when can i try this out in the game?

Careful! You are going to be watched for asking for something that is reasonable and certainly should have already been delivered.

We don't stand for common sense and attention paid to the consumer around here! We want to continue our government-funded boondoggle so that we can get paid for a couple of more years!

Now git!
As noted before, if you continue to make such statements without evidence and in areas unrelated to forum moderation, moderation action will follow.

Imanis said:
The issue here is that you are inextricably part of the TW PR machine, whether you will admit to your accountability of such or not.
This argument - to me - looks like a slippery slope right down to any individual posting here (activity begets activity) or talking about the game anywhere in a constructive manner. After all, it benefits the PR machine.

Ultimately, though, it is inconsequential to the matter at hand. The moderation on this forum will not silence or punish a community member for sharing his/her thoughts - however critical of TW they may be. Moderation only takes place when rules or guidelines are breached and often only after the member in question has been verbally instructed to change his or her behavior.

Imanis said:
As such, you (and other managers) are a part of the same organization that patently ignores the most simple and basic request the core consumers of this game want at this time, and that that is a proven method for failure when it comes to public relations (I have worked in public relations for over 15 years and do so for video game companies on a contract basis). That's all I am saying.

I don't need to say anything else on the matter. I am not upset, jaded or otherwise even bothered. I am simply and objectively stating the facts concerning the present situation TW is in.
And you are welcome to that opinion and criticism. Generally speaking, though, I would recommend a more nuanced approach as the volunteers here typically act on your behalf (or at least in a way that they believe is in the interest of the majority of users here or even players/fans overall.)

Back
Top Bottom