CTDs

Your experience with crashes to desktop in Perisno 0.9:

• Never happened so far.

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Happened once during several hours of gameplay.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • Happened several times already.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Happens every 5th-10th battle.

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Happens almost every battle or town visit, can't play.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Item limit hypothesis.
Please more people with frequent crashes test files with reduced number of items.

Judging by how different your ctds situations (red immortals, volheere, Venetor siege, elves, demon worshippers) are, it's not particular items, but rather the exceed invisible item limit.

I keep crashing when I meet with Princess Birgit. I'm pretty sure it's her dragon because I can meet her indoor no problem. I've had no other crash though. The dragon crash still occurs even after raising the render buffer size (solution 2), turning load textures on demand on and off, enabling multi threading or even setting my textures details to 10. I can't try the solution given by the Full Invasion team (solution 3) as I'm running on Linux. There's no notable error message in rgl_log either.

Just a thought, but could the battle CTDs be related to high battle size? When I first loaded the mod, the default battle size was already set to max at around 380. That's probably way too high for most computers. I've got a very beefy pc and even it can't handle much more than 300 without a lot of stuttering and reducing it to 250 seems to have improved my CTD situation in big battles.

Lord Irontoe said:
Just a thought, but could the battle CTDs be related to high battle size? When I first loaded the mod, the default battle size was already set to max at around 380. That's probably way too high for most computers. I've got a very beefy pc and even it can't handle much more than 300 without a lot of stuttering and reducing it to 250 seems to have improved my CTD situation in big battles.

My laptop can nice handle battle size 800 and game isnt crashing(On various mods, include Perisno 0.8v), but on Perisno i set it 300-350, cous of performance(you can do alot in battle so 60fps are needed)
Problems come with 0.9v

//Well, i am getting crashes when fighting Zann, so... i'am stop playing it atm  :sad: :sad: :sad:

Lord Irontoe said:

It could be. Depends on what kind of crash it is. If the game gets laggy first, then stops responding, and then crashes, it's most likely that the computer simply can't handle the load. If the CTD is instantaneous, it's usually a failure to address memory on a given address. It's a reference error, like trying to use a texture that's not loaded yet (load textures on demand), or a race condition where two threads are trying to access (write) the same memory at the same time (force single-threading off). Then again, everything comes back to how the game is coded.

I almost never have the not-responding type of crash, because I know my garbage computer's limits and set the game accordingly. The crash I reported earlier was the instantaneous type.

Sky Warden said:
Yes I do. Checked it just now.
Can you try talking to Oskar/Birgit in a version with reduced number of items?

And to everyone with frequent crashes - again, we really need your help to confirm or disprove the item limit hypothesis.
Devs' PCs happen to be resistant to ctds, so we cannot do these tests instead of you.

T.L.S., can you please test the version with reduced number of items on PCs that had frequent ctds in your previous tests?

over 100 days in-game, no crashes so far (0.9 HF2), so far me it is working good... but I'm still freelancer, so no sieges yet
done third legoin quest with no problems (game mechanic) and kingslayer

T.L.S., can you please test the version with reduced number of items on PCs that had frequent ctds in your previous tests?
Did tripple testing - simply with reduced numbers (will be marked as A), without reduced numbers + with drivers back-up to July version (will be marked as B) and with reduced numbers + drivers + disabling shadows completely (had a shadows related crashes in 1257 AD few months ago, so tried it there as well) (marked as C)
~30-40 mins tests:
970M laptop - A - 3 crashes, all close to the end of large battles (300 vs 500-700 with 300 BS)
B - 1 crash, upon talking to dwarven lord (but only freeze when tried again), battles were a bit freezy, but nothing critical
C - also 1 crash, but now during opening of post-battle results, almost no freezes in battles
980TI - A - 4 crashes, 2 during large battles, 2 random on the map
B - no crashes, sometimes had up to 5 sec freezes and black screen after pressing TAB on battle end
C - no crashes, freezes still there
RX580 - A - 1 crash during 300 vs 800 battle
B - no crashes, no freezes
C - skipped for this rig, since had work to do and B worked as a clock already.

I see now that i'm getting crashes at ankars seducers as well. It most often happens when fightings get into melee but it quite often crashes before melee too, after more than half of ankars's units die.

Leonion said:
Jeez, what could possibly cause all this... :shock:
Are you using some kind of dev tool that allows you to load resources in a non-standard/native way? I don't know anything about M&B modding, but it seems a lot like resource management bug to me. Related to rendering like textures and meshes. There's a mod called Gekokujo Daimyo Edition that absolutely requires Warband Script Enhancer, and since I can't use it on the Linux version, I got bugs all over, like all banners being white and CTDs like what's happening here.

Also for good measure, here's some of my rgl_log. I cut the part that's all about making save files.
Code:
Starting new log file.
 Version:  1.172 
 Received stats and achievements from Steam

Processing Ini File {
 Module_name =  Perisno 
 Num Hints =  12 
 Setting Map Min X =  -335.000000 
 Setting Map Max X =  250.000000 
 Setting Map Min Y =  -220.000000 
 Setting Map Max Y =  220.000000 
 Setting Time Multiplier =  0.250000 
 Setting Seeing Range Multiplier =  6.500000 
 Setting Track Spotting Multiplier =  0.800000 
 Setting player_wounded_treshold =  5.000000 
 Setting hero_wounded_treshold =  15.000000 
 Setting Skill Prisoner Management Bonus =  5 
 Setting Skill Leadership Bonus =  3 
 Setting Base Companion Limit =  20 
 Setting player_xp_multiplier =  1.500000 
 Setting hero_xp_multiplier =  2.500000 
 Setting regulars_xp_multiplier =  2.000000 
 Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold =  4.000000 
 Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold_mp =  1.000000 
 Setting armor_soak_factor_against_cut =  1.000000 
 Setting armor_soak_factor_against_pierce =  0.800000 
 Setting armor_soak_factor_against_blunt =  0.650000 
 Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_cut =  1.000000 
 Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce =  0.750000 
 Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt =  0.600000 
 Setting horse_charge_damage_multiplier =  1.350000 
 Setting couched_lance_damage_multiplier =  0.850000 
 Setting fall_damage_multiplier =  0.600000 
 Setting shield_penetration_offset =  25.000000 
 Setting shield_penetration_factor =  2.200000 
 Setting missile_damage_speed_power =  2.000000 
 Setting melee_damage_speed_power =  1.500000 
 Setting multiplayer_walk_enabled =  0 
 Setting mission_object_prune_time =  180 
 Scan Module Textures =  1 
 Scan Module Sounds =  1 
 Loading Resource  shaders 
 Loading Module Resource  crusaders_shaders 
 Loading Module Resource  textures_face_gen 
 Loading Module Resource  textures 
 Loading Module Resource  materials 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: planks 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: roof_plates Loading Module Resource  materials_face_gen 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: face_woman_elf_aged 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: face_woman_elf_aged Loading Module Resource  materials_face_gen_gaolu 
 Loading Resource  uimeshes 
 Loading Module Resource  meshes_face_gen 
 Loading Module Resource  dwarf_body_parts 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: dwarf_body_normalmap 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: dwarf_body_specular Loading Module Resource  min_bui_materials 
 Loading Module Resource  env_materials 
 Loading Module Resource  better_banners 
 Loading Resource  helpers 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_a for mesh question_mark.1 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_a for mesh light_sphere.1 Loading Resource  map_tree_meshes 
 Loading Resource  map_icon_meshes 
 Loading Module Resource  skeletons 
 Loading Resource  xtree_meshes 
 Loading Resource  body_meshes 
 Loading Module Resource  object_meshes 
 Loading Resource  object_bodies 
 Loading Resource  goods_meshes 
 Loading Resource  arabian_castle 
 Loading Resource  food 
 Loading Resource  armors_b 
 Loading Resource  armors_c 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material head_wrapping for mesh head_wrapping.lod1 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material head_wrapping for mesh head_wrapping.lod2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material head_wrapping for mesh head_wrapping.lod3 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material head_wrapping for mesh head_wrapping Loading Resource  armors_d 
 Loading Resource  armors_e 
 Loading Resource  armors_f 
 Loading Resource  armors_g 
 Loading Resource  armors_h 
 Loading Resource  armors_i 
 Loading Resource  boots_b 
 Loading Resource  boots_c 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mail_chausses_a for mesh mail_chausses_a 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mail_chausses_a for mesh mail_chausses_a.lod1 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mail_chausses_a for mesh mail_chausses_a.lod2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mail_chausses_a for mesh mail_chausses_a.lod3 Loading Resource  helmets 
 Loading Resource  village_houses 
 Loading Resource  village_houses_a 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_kingdoms for mesh flag_nord 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_kingdoms for mesh flag_vaegir 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_kingdoms for mesh flag_khergit 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_kingdoms for mesh flag_rhodok 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_kingdoms for mesh flag_sarranid 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_kingdoms for mesh flag_swadian 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_kingdoms for mesh flag_rebel Loading Resource  village_houses_b 
 Loading Module Resource  hair 
 Loading Resource  interiors_a 
 Loading Resource  interiors_b 
 Loading Resource  interiors_c 
 Loading Module Resource  map_icons 
 Loading Resource  castle_a 
 Loading Resource  dungeon 
 Loading Resource  stone_houses 
 Loading Resource  snowy_castle 
 Loading Resource  helmets_e 
 Loading Resource  helmets_f 
 Loading Resource  castle_b 
 Loading Resource  square_keep 
 Loading Resource  anim_b 
 Loading Resource  shields_b 
 Loading Resource  map_icons_c 
 Loading Module Resource  pictures 
 Loading Module Resource  user_interface_b 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_vg 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_sw 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_rh 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_kh 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_nd 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_sr 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_sw_miss 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_rh_miss 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_kh_miss 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_sr_miss 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_vg_miss 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_nd_miss 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_rb 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material mp_flag_project for mesh flag_project_rb_miss Loading Resource  user_interface_c 
 Loading Resource  scene_encounter_spot 
 Loading Resource  interior_thirsty_lion 
 Loading Resource  scene_small_tavern 
 Loading Resource  houses1 
 Loading Resource  wall_meshes1 
 Loading Resource  town_houses 
 Loading Resource  doors 
 Loading Resource  churches 
 Loading Resource  town_houses_b 
 Loading Resource  castle_c 
 Loading Resource  castle_d 
 Loading Module Resource  castle_e 
 Loading Resource  castle_f 
 Loading Resource  castle_g 
 Loading Resource  castle_h 
 Loading Resource  castle_i 
 Loading Resource  gatehouse 
 Loading Resource  viking_houses 
 Loading Resource  fake_houses 
 Loading Resource  town_houses_c 
 Loading Resource  prisons 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_b for mesh map_banner_a.44 Loading Resource  prisons_b 
 Loading Resource  interiors_d 
 Loading Resource  skyboxes 
 Loading Resource  object_b 
 Loading Resource  tree_e_meshes 
 Loading Resource  destroy 
 Loading Resource  xtree_meshes_c 
 Loading Module Resource  hun 
 Loading Module Resource  grass_meshes 
 Loading Module Resource  env_objects 
 Loading Module Resource  env_snow_trees 
 Loading Resource  interiors_steppe 
 Loading Resource  grooming_horse 
 Loading Resource  town_houses_d 
 Loading Resource  ani_horse_mounted 
 Loading Resource  horse_skeleton 
 Loading Resource  steppe_fake_houses 
 Loading Resource  tableau_shields 
 Loading Resource  heraldic_armors 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material heraldic_armor_a for mesh heraldic_armor_a 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material heraldic_armor_a for mesh tableau_mesh_heraldic_armor_a 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material heraldic_armor_a for mesh heraldic_armor_a.lod2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material heraldic_armor_a for mesh heraldic_armor_a.lod1 Loading Resource  instruments 
 Loading Resource  custom_banner 
 Loading Resource  simple_primitives 
 Loading Resource  ani_man_walk 
 Loading Resource  ani_twohanded 
 Loading Resource  ani_onehanded 
 Loading Resource  ani_death 
 Loading Resource  ani_stand_guardsman 
 Loading Resource  ani_human_mounted 
 Loading Resource  ani_lady_stand 
 Loading Resource  ani_poses 
 Loading Resource  ani_stand_shopkeeper 
 Loading Resource  ani_man_cheer 
 Loading Resource  ani_stand_onhorse 
 Loading Resource  ani_throw_stone 
 Loading Resource  ani_strikes 
 Loading Resource  ani_equip_arms 
 Loading Resource  ani_run_p 
 Loading Resource  ani_run_forward_left_right 
 Loading Resource  uni_strikes3 
 Loading Resource  ani_walk_sideways 
 Loading Resource  ani_run_sideways 
 Loading Resource  ani_stand 
 Loading Resource  ani_crouch_down 
 Loading Resource  ani_low_walk 
 Loading Resource  ani_turn_man 
 Loading Resource  ani_attacks_single 
 Loading Resource  ani_lancer 
 Loading Resource  ani_attacks 
 Loading Resource  ani_kicks 
 Loading Resource  ani_parry_attack 
 Loading Resource  ani_walk_backward 
 Loading Resource  ani_run_lookingsides 
 Loading Resource  ani_defends 
 Loading Resource  ani_walk_lookingsides 
 Loading Resource  ani_jump 
 Loading Resource  ani_wedding 
 Loading Resource  arabian_props 
 Loading Resource  uni_jump 
 Loading Resource  uni_stances 
 Loading Resource  uni_equip 
 Loading Resource  uni_strike 
 Loading Resource  uni_throws 
 Loading Resource  uni_fistswing 
 Loading Resource  uni_lord_stand 
 Loading Resource  uni_defence 
 Loading Resource  uni_sideways 
 Loading Resource  dart 
 Loading Resource  armors_new_a 
 Loading Resource  armors_new_b 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material hauberk for mesh hauberk_a_new 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material hauberk for mesh hauberk_a_new.lod1 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material hauberk for mesh hauberk_a_new.lod2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material hauberk for mesh hauberk_a_new.lod3 Loading Resource  armors_new_arena 
 Loading Resource  crossbows 
 Loading Resource  arabian_armors 
 Loading Resource  costumes_d 
 Loading Resource  nordic_helmets 
 Loading Resource  sarranid_helmets 
 Loading Resource  sarranid_armor 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material skirmisher_armor for mesh skirmisher_armor 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material skirmisher_armor for mesh skirmisher_armor.lod4 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material skirmisher_armor for mesh skirmisher_armor.lod2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material skirmisher_armor for mesh skirmisher_armor.lod3 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material skirmisher_armor for mesh skirmisher_armor.lod1 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material archers_vest for mesh archers_vest 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material archers_vest for mesh archers_vest.lod1 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material archers_vest for mesh archers_vest.lod2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material archers_vest for mesh archers_vest.lod3 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material archers_vest for mesh archers_vest.lod4 Loading Resource  raw_materials 
 Loading Resource  khergit_lady_dress 
 Loading Resource  vaegir_helmets 
 Loading Resource  gauntlets_new 
 Loading Resource  sarranid_lady_dress 
 Loading Resource  sarranid_boots 
 Loading Resource  bride_dress 
 Loading Resource  fur_armors_a 
 Loading Resource  ui_server_filter 
 Loading Resource  warhorse_new 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material warhorse_steppe for mesh warhorse_steppe 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material warhorse_steppe for mesh warhorse_steppe.lod2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material warhorse_steppe for mesh warhorse_steppe.lod3 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material warhorse_steppe for mesh warhorse_steppe.lod4 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material warhorse_steppe for mesh warhorse_steppe.lod1 Loading Resource  ship 
 Loading Resource  arabian_houses 
 Loading Resource  object_c 
 Loading Resource  tree_f 
 Loading Resource  interiors_arabian 
 Loading Resource  arabian_village 
 Loading Resource  valleyProps 
 Loading Resource  workshops 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material banners_kingdoms for mesh smithy_interior.2 Loading Resource  barrier_primitives 
 Loading Resource  town_houses_e 
 Loading Resource  wb_mp_objects_a 
 Loading Module Resource  pbod_resources 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: fire_missiles.dds Loading Module Resource  narf's_transitional_armour_pack 
 Loading Module Resource  Njunja_eastern 
 Loading Module Resource  Perisno_Mounts 
 Loading Module Resource  spak_meshes 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: HookSword_spak Loading Module Resource  Perisno_Items 
 Loading Module Resource  CWE_to_Perisno_armor 
 Loading Module Resource  CWE_to_Perisno_armor_the_rest 
 Loading Module Resource  CWE_to_Perisno_horses 
 Loading Module Resource  CWE_to_Perisno_weapons 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material highlander_weapons for mesh 2h_claymore_orig_from_highlander_pack 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material sword_redwyne for mesh sword_redwyne_orig Loading Module Resource  GoT_pack 
 Loading Module Resource  Lucas's_Pack1_OSP 
 Loading Module Resource  luc_weapons_pack_III 
 Loading Module Resource  Lucas'_OSP_Weapons_II 
 Loading Module Resource  junT_armors 
 Loading Module Resource  kam_dwarven_gear 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: dwarf_civilian_3_a.dds 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: dwarf_civilian_3_b.dds Loading Module Resource  Rus_armour_pack 
 Loading Module Resource  Papas_Community_Animations 
 Loading Module Resource  pino_armors_OSP 
 Loading Module Resource  Addonay 
 Loading Module Resource  mixed_armor 
 Loading Module Resource  medievalhelmets_OSP 
 Loading Module Resource  11th_13th_century_armour_OSP 
 Loading Module Resource  kovas_OSPs 
 Loading Module Resource  wei_xiadi_osp 
 Loading Module Resource  ad_viking_shields 
 Loading Module Resource  communityhelms 
 Loading Module Resource  faradonmodels 
 Loading Module Resource  xenoargh_osps 
 Loading Module Resource  mixed_weapons 
 Loading Module Resource  order_frame 
 Loading Module Resource  Waewulf_LP 
 Loading Module Resource  gondor_items 
 Loading Module Resource  V_ao_giap 
 Loading Module Resource  OSP_IV_Civilian 
 Loading Module Resource  roman_armor 
 Loading Module Resource  mackie_weapons_OSP 
 Loading Module Resource  lederhosen 
 Loading Module Resource  indo_shields 
 Loading Module Resource  ak_items 
 Loading Module Resource  bogmir_items 
 Loading Module Resource  undead 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material undeadface.lod for mesh undead_head1.lod2 Loading Module Resource  pics_freelancer 
 Loading Module Resource  Perisno_darkrobin 
 Loading Module Resource  Perisno_hunting 
 Loading Module Resource  Perisno_TLD_Hairs 
 Loading Module Resource  TLD_Items 
 Loading Module Resource  TES4_OSP_Nexon 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: AN_SupAx01_s Loading Module Resource  dedal_tavern_anims 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: stucco_2 Loading Module Resource  RGCoTL_osp_Perisno 
 Loading Module Resource  highlander 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material highlander_weapons for mesh 2h_claymore_orig Loading Module Resource  GrimAgeMarauder 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Mauroder_head 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_A_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_B_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_C_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_D_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_E_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_F_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_G_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_Mul_A_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_Mul_B_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_Mul_C_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_Mul_D_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Beard_Mul_E_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_A_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_B_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_C_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_D_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_E_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_F_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_Mul_A_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_Mul_B_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_Mul_C_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_Mul_D_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_Mul_E_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_Mul_F_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh Hair_Mul_G_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_A_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_B_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_C_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_D_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_E_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_F_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_Mul_A_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_Mul_B_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_Mul_C_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_Mul_D_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_Mul_E_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_Mul_F_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh FG_Hair_Mul_G_01 Loading Module Resource  elven_armor 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: rivend_shield_1_normalmap 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: rivend_shield_1_specular 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: rivend_sword_1_specular Loading Module Resource  China_da_song_Perisno 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh woman_hair_song_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh woman_hair_song_03 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh woman_hair_song_04 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh woman_hair_song_05 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh man_hair_song_01 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh man_hair_song_01.lod2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material  for mesh song_man_hair_b Loading Module Resource  weapon_meshes_native 
 Loading Module Resource  native_comp 
 Loading Module Resource  pavise 
 Loading Module Resource  barf_skeleton_new 
 Loading Module Resource  tb_water_resources 
 Loading Module Resource  Roman_buildings 
 Loading Module Resource  tunnels 
 Loading Module Resource  la_grandmaster_tribal 
 Loading Module Resource  1429_la_Guerre_Scene_Props 
 Loading Module Resource  OSP_new_rome 
 Loading Module Resource  ado_fantasy_scene_props 
 Loading Module Resource  AAA_TOT_JAP 
 Loading Module Resource  par_particle_meshes 
 Loading Module Resource  par_particles_2 
 Loading Module Resource  env_terrain_borders 
 Loading Module Resource  exp_bui_general 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material command_tent_mat for mesh command_tent 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material gutek_particles for mesh gutek_window_glow Loading Module Resource  molag_bal 

} //Processing Ini File Finished
 Loading Music...
 Loading Textures...

rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name crusaders_main_menu_dust 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name crusaders_main_menu_dust_rl 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name bumpmap_parallax_10 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name bumpmap_parallax_20 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name bumpmap_parallax 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name crusaders_horse_tall_weter 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name crusaders_veter_flora 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name crusaders_veter_flora_mild 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name crusaders_veter_flora_mild_one_sheet 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name crusaders_veter_grass 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name crusaders_vodopad 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name flag_animate_shader 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name item_animate_shader 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name dot3_no_green_ground_bump 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name flag_veter_animated_items 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name flag_veter_animated_props 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name material_veter_animated 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name dot3_no_vertex_color 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name dot3_no_vertex_color_multitex 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name palatka_veter_animated 
rgl_post_warning_line: Unable to get technique with name water_waves Finished Loading Textures...
 L8 Format is  supported
 Sound file could not be found: Modules/Perisno_0.9/Sounds/Sword_clash_23.ogg Sound file could not be found: Modules/Perisno_0.9/Sounds/Sword_clash_24.ogg Sound file could not be found: Modules/Perisno_0.9/Sounds/Sword_clash_25.ogg Sound file could not be found: Modules/Perisno_0.9/Sounds/Sword_clash_26.ogg Sound file could not be found: Modules/Perisno_0.9/Sounds/Sword_clash_27.ogg WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested 
 Loading Module...
 Loading item kinds...
 Loading dialogs...
 Loading mission templates...
 Loading party templates...

rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_musket 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_musket 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_stand_man 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_stand_man 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_greatsword_cstance 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_staff_cstance 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_fire_pistol 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_fire_pistol 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: man_reload 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_staff_cstance_attack 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_staff_cstance_attack 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: spear_thrust_overhead 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: reload_pistol_new 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_upper_swing 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward_parry 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward_parry 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_pistol 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_pistol loading time:  215439 
 Finished All...
 load_map_data complete.
 Init_map complete.
 init_meta_mission complete.
 map mesh built.
 get_ideal_sun_color.
 get_ideal_fog_color.
 352 parties added.
 launch complete.
 Switching to menu window...
 Error: Unable to load Music/comrade_crimson_intro.ogg SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 20; LINE NO: 621: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 22; LINE NO: 623: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 24; LINE NO: 625: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 26; LINE NO: 627: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 28; LINE NO: 629: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 30; LINE NO: 631: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 32; LINE NO: 633: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 34; LINE NO: 635: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 36; LINE NO: 637: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 38; LINE NO: 639: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 40; LINE NO: 641: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920: Invalid Overlay ID: 42; LINE NO: 643: 
 At script: prs_generate_skill_set. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 926: Invalid Overlay ID: 59; LINE NO: 10: 
 At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_add_skill_display. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 925: Invalid Overlay ID: 59; LINE NO: 13: 
 At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_add_skill_display. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 926: Invalid Overlay ID: 60; LINE NO: 17: 
 At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_add_skill_display. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 925: Invalid Overlay ID: 60; LINE NO: 18: 
 At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 926: Invalid Overlay ID: 59; LINE NO: 10: 
 At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_add_skill_display. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 925: Invalid Overlay ID: 59; LINE NO: 13: 
 At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_add_skill_display. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 926: Invalid Overlay ID: 60; LINE NO: 17: 
 At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_add_skill_display. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 925: Invalid Overlay ID: 60; LINE NO: 18: 
 At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_generate_skill_set. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 926: Invalid Overlay ID: 59; LINE NO: 10: 
 At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_add_skill_display. At script: prs_generate_skill_set.

We don't have any dev tools in Warband...

It's most likely connected to resources, but what's strange is that some PCs are fine with it, while others crash a lot.

And we didn't even touch things like dragons between 0.8 and 0.9.

As for your log - script errors at the end make no sense.
These operations are "standard procedure" and for some reason your PC has "memory issues".
Code:
			(create_text_overlay, "$skill_value", "@+{reg2}", tf_right_align),
			(position_set_x, pos1,  850),
			(position_set_y, pos1,  ":pos_y"),
			(overlay_set_position, "$skill_value", pos1),
It creates an overlay, assigns its number to a global variable and literally 2 operations and milliseconds later is like "what overlay"?

"Unable to get technique with name crusaders_main_menu_dust" etc. are also absurd, unless you deleted .fxo files from mod folder.

Most errors are basic "attempt to reregister"  or "Unable to find material/texture" (of something that isn't used but was left in the files) that the game should handle without problems.

For those who have crashes on NVidia cards - check your control panel/xperience settings of vsinc (both global and for WB application). If you have disabled vsinc ingame - disable it here as well and vice versa, on one rig (980TI) crashes were removed completely by solving this issue. Xperience sets vsinc for most old games played in HD+ resolutions by default for whatever reason (with last two versions of drivers at least), that also explains why WB logs showing nothing helpfull.

Leonion said:
And we didn't even touch things like dragons between 0.8 and 0.9.
Honestly I never met Birgit or Oskar in 0.8. I only had one playthrough in 0.8 and it mostly revolved around Tolrania and Maccavia.

Leonion said:
As for your log - script errors at the end make no sense.
These operations are "standard procedure" and for some reason your PC has "memory issues".
It creates an overlay, assigns its number to a global variable and literally 2 operations and milliseconds later is like "what overlay"?

"Unable to get technique with name crusaders_main_menu_dust" etc. are also absurd, unless you deleted .fxo files from mod folder.

Most errors are basic "attempt to reregister"  or "Unable to find material/texture" (of something that isn't used but was left in the files) that the game should handle without problems.
Oh, most of those warnings always appear on my log. That's why I said there's no noteworthy error to report. Just like you said, it does handle them no problem. The game would still run perfectly most of the time. Memory leak is also a common issue with the Linux version, so don't worry too much about it. The game still runs fine. The only issues I have are the Birgit crash and those weird graphical glitches I get in some taverns.

Back
Top Bottom