LSP 3D Art Scenes Galleon ship and static sea-battle scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

kraggrim

Marquis
OknFM.png
QK7pd.jpg
LQ-To.jpg

Galleon-style ship scene prop, plus a couple of sea-battle scene files. No code as I don't have it. For the scenes you could probably use the sea scene code from another mod, like Brytenwalda or something.
21k faces (4k for the collision mesh). Some bits really bulk it out, like the sails are 4.5k on their own. So you could probably streamline it if you're worried about that.
Only has 1.4MB of new textures, the rest is native Warband materials.

Non-profit use only, though projects that use donations/patreon are fine (just don't use it as a reward for those).

If you want to make improvements feel free. I request you post them here for others to share, though that's not a condition for use. Also, post pics of it in action :smile:.

Download

21k. Some bits really bulk it out, like the sails are 4.5k on their own. So you could probably streamline it if you're worried about that.

Ryantheskinny said:
Just out of curiosity but could this be animated to work like the ships in VC?

Probably, but AFAIK it's too complex for bots when you can't attach an ai mesh. So would only work for no-bot multiplayer.

In imperial rome, there is the catapualt option during battle. 

It would be cool if cannons were made and usable on the ships using a cannon mesh with the musket animations and particles. 

kraggrim said:
Ryantheskinny said:

Probably, but AFAIK it's too complex for bots when you can't attach an ai mesh. So would only work for no-bot multiplayer.
It excited me to see this prop. it looks amazing.
I think siege belfry movement codes may be used to animate the ships until they reached the area where ai mesh created then the troops start fighting. Also sound effect and water particles can be added during the ships moving. It wouldn't be the same thing with the ability to take control of the ship but it gives the feeling we need in sea battles. I am thinking of doing this in my mod with using your prop, even though i am not sure that this type of ships were used in 13th century.

kraggrim said:
21k. Some bits really bulk it out, like the sails are 4.5k on their own. So you could probably streamline it if you're worried about that.
Do you mean by streamline that we should order the mesh parts in brf 'from the one having highest number of faces to the one having smallest'? or in someway reduce the number of faces?

litdum said:
kraggrim said:
Do you mean by streamline that we should order the mesh parts in brf 'from the one having highest number of faces to the one having smallest'? or in someway reduce the number of faces?

Sorry for the late reply. Streamline was the wrong word here, I meant optimize. As in you could use Blender or whatever to reduce the number of faces if you wanted.

Forgive me but I do not know much about modeling but how difficult would it be to give that Galleon an AI Mesh? Would be really cool to be able to use this in the VC ship battles.

VC has I think it was 3 or 4 ships to use, and A World of Ice and Fire has 8, so maybe the author of that mod could help get the galleon working?

kraggrim said:
Ryantheskinny said:

Regarding my previous comment, forgot to quote you.

Transflux said:
Forgive me but I do not know much about modeling but how difficult would it be to give that Galleon an AI Mesh?

AI meshes can only be added to scenes. The galleon can be added to a scene as a scene prop, but it is not a scene. Accordingly, an ai mesh can only be added to a galleon once it is in situ, not beforehand, which places that task in the hands of any modder who wants to use this galleon.

I think siege belfry movement codes may be used to animate the ships until they reached the area where ai mesh created then the troops start fighting. Also sound effect and water particles can be added during the ships moving. It wouldn't be the same thing with the ability to take control of the ship but it gives the feeling we need in sea battles. I am thinking of doing this in my mod with using your prop, even though i am not sure that this type of ships were used in 13th century.
Hey @kraggrim, I did what I said in this post. I hope you don't mind that i ve changed a bit your model(decreased the number of masts from 4 to 3) :smile:. Anyway, thanks a lot again for this amazing project. Here is what I did:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom