[NC2018] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I know this will be an unpopular argument but it’s one I have to make. We now have both a Chicago and a New York server set up and ready to be used for the tournament. I know it’s always been the admin’s decision for us to use our New York server and then play in Germany for our away match.

This system is not perfect though. Teams like UK will have better ping than some of our own players with a New York based server. Any Western European players will have far better ping in the US than we will in Germany. So with this I would ask admins to consider allowing us to use the Chicago server or allowing us to use the France server.

In the Finland match the teams would have had equal pings if we had done Germany and Chicago. But New York and Chicago would have given them a +40 ping advantage.

Again just for your consideration. This is our weakest and least active team that we’ve put forth and I’m just trying to keep my members interest. I’m fine either way.

**To clarify. It would make sense for NA to play in Chicago/Germany against the following teams... UK 1-3, Spain, BeNe, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Finland, Austria, Poland. It would make sense for NA to play in New York/France for the remaining teams... Turkey 1-2, Ukraine, Russia.

Here is a rough map with the locations of the main roster on Team NA this year.
https://imgur.com/hPTgp4P

348e4b7aa1700242bc8a80dff17873f5.png

Spaniards are a big community. Write to them, and take the server somewhere near Portugal. Or the UK. Is it really that hard? Think for yourself how silly it sounds to play on different servers.

Of the Spaniards, I know more the community of the Legions. There are a lot of Englishmen in general now, as players, I think this is not a problem

either look what's best. Some of my players will definitely have pinging on France even more, because they live closer to the east, where there is an internal war, the Internet is much worse there

The best option is to take a server where the ping will be roughly common, and not run across the servers after each set.

The best option is France. That we can give in to our American brothers.But if there are servers in England, or others, we can try. There used to be such a problem that many players from Siberia played. Then no one complained about ping 100-140. I have about 4 Siberians in Hawkband. It turns out that I constantly played with half the 140 ping team and did not complain when the French called me to the French server, because they had a brake on Germany, it’s funny, I know.

_Osiris_ said:
Why is it better for USA to play on Germany than France?

It's not. France is better for us but our opponents don't want to do Home/Away so we are trying to come up with a compromise. We agree to playing teams in Germany if they allow us to play in Chicago or New York.

Jurgen said:
Spaniards are a big community. Write to them, and take the server somewhere near Portugal. Or the UK. Is it really that hard? Think for yourself how silly it sounds to play on different servers.

Of the Spaniards, I know more the community of the Legions. There are a lot of Englishmen in general now, as players, I think this is not a problem

either look what's best. Some of my players will definitely have pinging on France even more, because they live closer to the east, where there is an internal war, the Internet is much worse there

The best option is to take a server where the ping will be roughly common, and not run across the servers after each set.

The best option is France. That we can give in to our American brothers.But if there are servers in England, or others, we can try. There used to be such a problem that many players from Siberia played. Then no one complained about ping 100-140. I have about 4 Siberians in Hawkband. It turns out that I constantly played with half the 140 ping team and did not complain when the French called me to the French server, because they had a brake on Germany, it’s funny, I know.

fsOReyi.jpg
Team NA average ping on France: 112

bzM2sUy.jpg
Team Ukraine average ping on Germany: 49.5

The difference between Germany and France is not too much with most players pings changing around 10-20 for both teams. That would leave us with an average ping difference of -70. Home/Away gives both teams a fair ping.

Most Europeans will get 130-140 in Chicago or 100-110 in New York. Most Americans will get 100-110 in France and 130-40 in Germany.

The Home/Away system should either be Chicago/Germany or New York/France. It does not make sense for it to be New York/Germany and it does not make sense for it to be Chicago/France. Anyone who studies the ping differences can see this. So we are politely requesting the admin team to actually go over this issue before insisting the New York server only. The only country that messes the system up is UK who gets around 70-80 on our New York servers and makes the Home/Away system heavily in their favor. Every other country, even Turkey and Russia, still fall under fair ping differences.

No one on the team lives in Chicago. One person on the team lives in New York. Our players will get the same ping on these servers as Europeans would get on a French or German server. We did used to have players such as Heat, Arys, Alejanbro that would significantly lower our ping difference due to them receiving 10 or less ping in New York but that no longer is the case. Most of our players left that still play are in Southern USA and Canada.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
No one on the team lives in Chicago. One person on the team lives in New York. Our players will get the same ping on these servers as Europeans would get on a French or German server. We did used to have players such as Heat, Arys, Alejanbro that would significantly lower our ping difference due to them receiving 10 or less ping in New York but that no longer is the case. Most of our players left that still play are in Southern USA and Canada.
+1

The Czech Republic was our last frontier to test our team for activity. Unfortunately, Ukraine can no longer continue the tournament due to the inactivity of people.

Also, I will personally be inactive soon. Thanks for the game, I did everything I could.)

Why do you delay pick night? We arranged scrims and we wanna know our opponent. And if we play them on offical we are gonna cancel tonight. Come on there is no team left to play i suppose so start already

Menethil said:
Why do you delay pick night? We arranged scrims and we wanna know our opponent. And if we play them on offical we are gonna cancel tonight. Come on there is no team left to play i suppose so start already

Miscommunication between admins, Gibby wasn't available for this one and wasn't aware of the fact Arni could take over. We'll try to avoid that in future, sorry for the inconvenience.

Pick nights make no sense. Instead of playing top teams when we win we got randomized by a team from bottom half. :/

I don't know why this format is so popular in wb, it makes no sense and generates random tournament results. Why didn't we stick with last WNL system? Instead of fixing some issues from tournament to tournament we throw away decent solution to replace it with another experiment.

With so many teams upset with the way picking works wouldn’t it make more sense to have the playoffs open to more than four teams? It’s a really small number for a tournament with this many countries.

Also what’s with the pick night time changing every week. I thought I had an hour and thankfully one of my teammates was able to notice that we were up.

Back
Top Bottom