Author Topic: [NC2018] Questions & Suggestions  (Read 6917 times)

Charlini

• Master Knight
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082855758/
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: [NC2018] Questions & Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2018, 02:43:21 PM »
Can we donate servers on canary islands for our banano player?

asediado

• Sergeant Knight
  • Fat & Furious
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2018, 03:11:46 PM »
CasaBlanca could be another choice

OurGloriousLeader

• Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: AE_Zaudunyani_OGL
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »
just gonna throw out a controversial statement america is quite far away, do not @ me

Zacty

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Zacty
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2018, 02:03:44 AM »
from our perspective, everyone else is quite far away! please @me

Tallie

• Baron
    • Steam - tallie
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: RR_Tallie
  • WBNW
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2018, 03:42:33 PM »
from our perspective, everyone else is quite far away! please @me
@Zacty

Roberta_Baratheon

• Fake Hype King
  • Master Knight
  • Certified
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Roberta_Baratheon/
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: RaTs_Roberta KoA_Roberta
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2018, 04:23:38 PM »
When I spoke to the admin team about joining, I specifically told Gibby that I was fine with us doing European matches. If we can get a server in new York that'd be great but I doubt it's going to happen. We currently only have one Chicago server in the US.
Quote from: Tardet before the match
But France ain't Poland mate. There won't be a 15min drama about it before we start the match.

Gibby Jr

• YouTube - UChYtDMSLvYxUdmcP2C9T8GA
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Gibby
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2018, 04:31:04 PM »
If the NA team manage to find a NY server then we will enforce a home-away system for all matches which the NA team plays. If no such server presents itself then by default matches concerning the NA team will take place on our European servers. Hopefully all of the teams in the NC will be accommodating to the Americans in terms of scheduling, especially as it's a miracle there is even an NA team in the first place given the state of their scene.

Harman

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »
Shouldn't France be above Turkey in the table?

OurGloriousLeader

• Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: AE_Zaudunyani_OGL
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2018, 10:55:48 AM »
Looks like it, I'll double check with Gibby asap before pick night.

Edit: Fixed. France has gone up 2 places and so pick night was changed accordingly. Make sure you're all aware of when your turn to pick is.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 12:48:37 PM by OurGloriousLeader »

Condemned Bas

• Grandmaster Knight
  • magic lance <o/
    • Steam - Ciiges
    • Twitter - Ciiges
    • YouTube - CiigesAKAbas
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: FT_Ciiges
  • WB
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 10:52:00 AM »
not sure where to post but bene vs aut ch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzcfvs08Ti4
Your life must be a constant uphill struggle against  stupidity.

Roberta_Baratheon

• Fake Hype King
  • Master Knight
  • Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2018, 03:04:45 PM »
I know this will be an unpopular argument but it’s one I have to make. We now have both a Chicago and a New York server set up and ready to be used for the tournament. I know it’s always been the admin’s decision for us to use our New York server and then play in Germany for our away match.

This system is not perfect though. Teams like UK will have better ping than some of our own players with a New York based server. Any Western European players will have far better ping in the US than we will in Germany. So with this I would ask admins to consider allowing us to use the Chicago server or allowing us to use the France server.

In the Finland match the teams would have had equal pings if we had done Germany and Chicago. But New York and Chicago would have given them a +40 ping advantage.

Again just for your consideration. This is our weakest and least active team that we’ve put forth and I’m just trying to keep my members interest. I’m fine either way.

**To clarify. It would make sense for NA to play in Chicago/Germany against the following teams... UK 1-3, Spain, BeNe, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Finland, Austria, Poland. It would make sense for NA to play in New York/France for the remaining teams... Turkey 1-2, Ukraine, Russia.

Here is a rough map with the locations of the main roster on Team NA this year.
https://imgur.com/hPTgp4P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:44:44 PM by Roberta_Baratheon »
But France ain't Poland mate. There won't be a 15min drama about it before we start the match.

Apollo~

• Baron
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/568F08F5/
    • Twitter - Apollo_MBW_
    • Twitch.tv - apollombw
    • YouTube - UC-6LvZKp9RBeO6GEqXJa15Q
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • WB
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2018, 03:49:31 PM »

_Osiris_

• Baron
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/_Osiris_/
    • Twitter - @Osiris_MB
    • YouTube - Osiris MB
    • YouTube - UCoK86UH55c_uHwxyKDzWG0w
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Osiris
  • WBNWWF&SVC
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »
Why is it better for USA to play on Germany than France?

Jurgen

• Knight
  • Good luck hunting, Stalker
    • Steam - orlovblog
    • YouTube - UCBKGH9Pua34Zxb_OAl_GXZw
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Hawkband_Jurgen
  • WBNWM&BWF&S
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »
Spaniards are a big community. Write to them, and take the server somewhere near Portugal. Or the UK. Is it really that hard? Think for yourself how silly it sounds to play on different servers.

Of the Spaniards, I know more the community of the Legions. There are a lot of Englishmen in general now, as players, I think this is not a problem

either look what's best. Some of my players will definitely have pinging on France even more, because they live closer to the east, where there is an internal war, the Internet is much worse there

The best option is to take a server where the ping will be roughly common, and not run across the servers after each set.

The best option is France. That we can give in to our American brothers.But if there are servers in England, or others, we can try. There used to be such a problem that many players from Siberia played. Then no one complained about ping 100-140. I have about 4 Siberians in Hawkband. It turns out that I constantly played with half the 140 ping team and did not complain when the French called me to the French server, because they had a brake on Germany, it’s funny, I know.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:33:43 PM by Jurgen »

Roberta_Baratheon

• Fake Hype King
  • Master Knight
  • Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2018, 04:31:25 PM »
Why is it better for USA to play on Germany than France?

It's not. France is better for us but our opponents don't want to do Home/Away so we are trying to come up with a compromise. We agree to playing teams in Germany if they allow us to play in Chicago or New York.

Spaniards are a big community. Write to them, and take the server somewhere near Portugal. Or the UK. Is it really that hard? Think for yourself how silly it sounds to play on different servers.

Of the Spaniards, I know more the community of the Legions. There are a lot of Englishmen in general now, as players, I think this is not a problem

either look what's best. Some of my players will definitely have pinging on France even more, because they live closer to the east, where there is an internal war, the Internet is much worse there

The best option is to take a server where the ping will be roughly common, and not run across the servers after each set.

The best option is France. That we can give in to our American brothers.But if there are servers in England, or others, we can try. There used to be such a problem that many players from Siberia played. Then no one complained about ping 100-140. I have about 4 Siberians in Hawkband. It turns out that I constantly played with half the 140 ping team and did not complain when the French called me to the French server, because they had a brake on Germany, it’s funny, I know.

(click to show/hide)
Team NA average ping on France: 112

(click to show/hide)
Team Ukraine average ping on Germany: 49.5

The difference between Germany and France is not too much with most players pings changing around 10-20 for both teams. That would leave us with an average ping difference of -70. Home/Away gives both teams a fair ping.

Most Europeans will get 130-140 in Chicago or 100-110 in New York. Most Americans will get 100-110 in France and 130-40 in Germany.

The Home/Away system should either be Chicago/Germany or New York/France. It does not make sense for it to be New York/Germany and it does not make sense for it to be Chicago/France. Anyone who studies the ping differences can see this. So we are politely requesting the admin team to actually go over this issue before insisting the New York server only. The only country that messes the system up is UK who gets around 70-80 on our New York servers and makes the Home/Away system heavily in their favor. Every other country, even Turkey and Russia, still fall under fair ping differences.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:57:47 PM by Roberta_Baratheon »