Not open for further replies.

SirAlecks

Knight at Arms
WSC2-Header.png

[size=27pt]CONGRATULATIONS  &  THANK YOUS[/size]​

WSC2-Finalists-1st.png
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
FRONTLINE TACTICS

Once again Frontline Tactics raised up and took the title as the undefeated champions for both editions of the Warband Summer Cup. But probably their most important feat relies internally with the team, as they were able to surpass and overcome the storm while remaining true to themselves and their known playstyle, giving us two fantastic comebacks and astonishing matches. Frontline Tactics is the vivid expression of what hard work and unremitting willingness to improve and perform can achieve. Congratulations, we hope to see more from you in the future!

AEQUALITAS

Some months ago, Aequalitas could barely handle the heat of a proper Knockout Stage in most tournaments, as today they are part of the top 6 teams in the scene. If there's one thing that this team showed us is that dedication and love for what you do pays off with incredible results. And while consistency wasn’t the team greatest advantage you showed great skill across all three class departments, proving that you can compete to the highest of level in a moment’s notice. Nonetheless this was a fantastic run for Aequalitas, one that they should feel proud of, and if they keep improving at the same pace as they have been doing Aequalitas could be a very dangerous opponent in the future. We wish you the best!

[td]
WSC2-Finalists-2nd.png
[/td]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]
[td]
WSC2-Finalists-3rd.png
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]DEFENDERS OF WONWOKIE

Being the underdog during the Quarter Finals in what will later become the greatest surprise of the tournament is no small feat. Wonwokie proved the scene that no matter what they are up against they will fight till the bitter end, and oh, boy did they prove it! By exploiting Unity’s disadvantages and mistakes Wonwokie secured a very strong foothold into the semi-finals with an impressive match, and even though they eventually fell against Aequalitas beating one of the strongest-looking Unity’s so far is something to be remembered. Without a doubt this was one of Wonwokie’s best results in the long history of the clan. A result that could be used to improve on their mistakes and consistency, if they are successful in fixing them, Wonwokie will become a much bigger threat for any opposing teams in the future. We’re eager to see more, congratulations.
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]​

[size=27pt]PLAYER AWARDS[/size]​

Award-MVP.png

[size=16pt]PETER[/size]

Throughout the years Peter has shown that no matter what class, situation or fight he’s put up against he will still perform in levels that only few have even surfaced. But because this wasn’t enough for the White flash, Peter has delighted us in this tourney with countless highly-skilled plays and impressive teamfight approaching. It’s because of this that he has been awarded the Most Valuable Player of the tournament. Congratulations​

Award-Archer.png

[size=16pt]RAZER[/size]

For the past two years, Razer has made sure the community knew that he was not just an extremely skilled spearman but also one of the deadliest rangers in the scene, a dangerous combination that makes him a very hard guy to kill. And when you add that to his already great awareness and shooting skill there's no doubt why Razer has been awarded the Golden Bow!​

unbenannt2lzbx36e7a.png
Award-Infantry.png

[size=16pt]SCAR[/size]

The infamous Scar has done it once again, winning this very same price last year wasn’t enough and the fastest double-hitting beast was eager for more, not only performing as incredible as usual but outperforming himself in areas that he already excelled. Again, thanks to his double hits, incredible plays, consistent performances, and insane open map results, Scar has been awarded the Golden Sword.​

unbenannt2lzbx36e7a.png
Award-Cavalry.png

[size=16pt]SIRALECKS[/size]

With yet again another great performance in this edition of the WSC and while heavily contributing to FT’s success, SirAlecks proved to be extremely capable of delivering decisive damage and predicting the opponent’s moves to his team’s advantage. His ability to plan ahead and his technical and quick plays have awarded him the Golden Horse.

Award-Teamkills.png

[size=16pt]KANE & VINNY[/size]

“I didn’t see you sorry dude” “Sorry no banner lol” “Oh f** man sorry, my animation glitched” are some of the “apologies” that we have all used at least once or twice but deep down we know. We know that maybe we’re not so sorry about that “mistake” happening, and deep down we wouldn’t mind doing it again, and again, and aga… sorry I got carried away.
  By expressing their true feelings  in the form of “mistakes” and having the  highest amount of them both Kane  and Vinny have been awarded the Golden Jester. Keep it up!​

unbenannt2lzbx36e7a.png
Award-Captain.png

[size=16pt]CHARLINI[/size]

While this tournament probably wasn’t the greatest for Charlini he still consistently proved that he can keep on improving and developing tactics while keeping himself and his team alive and working. That added to his ability to detect weaknesses of teams and a pretty good run overall have awarded Charlini the Golden Crown.

unbenannt2lzbx36e7a.png
Award-Kills.png

[size=16pt]SIRALECKS[/size]

It seems that SirAlecks is nothing but a bloodthirsty maniac at this point, achieving not once, but twice in a row the highest amount of kills in the tournament, add that to a great understanding of the game and his ability to exploit weaknesses and you have someone that you really don't want to give the back to, specially if you dont have spear. For having spilled the most amount of blood in the WSC2 SirAlecks was awarded the Golden Skull.

WSC2-Contributor.png
CONTRIBUTORS

To start with and as main protagonist of this tournament I gotta give credit to Aeronwen, without her none of this would’ve been possible and you've been the pillar were all the admin team relied on. You’re amazing, thanks for everything. Same goes with you, Kane.

Now, and as last year, special thanks to everyone that contributed in any shape or form, even though the media in this edition was somewhat limited any help that was offered was amazing and we appreciate it a lot! Obviously credit to Greed and his respective co-casters, you guys rock!

Next up I'd like to thank our patrons, Horace, Kane, Kani, Ciiges, Horace, Vince and Arni for supporting the tournament's prizepool. It has been said numerous times before, without your extremely generous donations, tournaments like the Warband Summer Cup 2 wouldn't be possible in the first place. You help to keep this community, and its tournaments, alive and despite making the tournament way more interesting, you receive way less credit than you actually deserve.

Would like to also thank our usual beloved server hosters, Lord Metzger and the CCC lads, you know we're extremely grateful for your willingness to help and contribute both to us and the community as a whole, thank you, sincerely.

As per usual, thanks to Oliveran for his never stopping work in the admin module and server maintenance and Yami for her always fantastic stats. You two are always there willing to help with a smile and that's more than we could ever ask for. Thank you for making sure the servers and admin module & tools were up-to-date and keeping us updated on who's the bravest 2H warrior of the tourney!1

And last but not least, Rosslington, we can't thank you enough for all the media work you've done for us, even with the BCM in between you were still attending us and making our ideas have an amazing representation. Like we mentioned last year, if you ever need any artwork or media, please, make sure to check him out, he does amazing stuff.

Kind Regards,
Dume, Charlini and SirAlecks

Interesting, guess Unity vs Wonwokie wasn't good enough. Cheers for the wonwokie medal, I'll keep it close to my best infan... Oh...

Maybe Prince will appreciate his golden bo... Oh...

I'm honoured by this prize. A few weeks back if someone said: "kane ur going to win the joker of wsc" i wouldn't have believed them... boy was I wrong.

I'd like to personally thanks my teammates for allowing me this opportunity, it has been a great honour teamkilling you all.

Now on a serious note though.
Great tourney overal, most of it ran smoothly besides a few defaults and  failed attempts to properly plan a match.

Thanks to all people, especially Aeronwen, who worked so hard behind the scenes to make this work.
Thanks to all teams and players who participated and made the matches so fun to watch and play.

Probably forgot to thank some people but its early rn so ye.

Stay fire, stay nice.

Fietta said:
Interesting, guess Unity vs Wonwokie wasn't good enough. Cheers for the wonwokie medal, I'll keep it close to my best infan... Oh...

Be happy, that we didn't bother to play for third place.

Apart from that, thanks for the tourney bois!

Razer' said:
Fietta said:

Be happy, that we didn't bother to play for third place.

Apart from that, thanks for the tourney bois!

You would've been destroyed demon! !!

Cosmic Ciiges said:
yourNotAlone said:
the player awards are pretty biased.
congratz to kane tho!
Elaborate?

First off, thanks for hosting the tourney it was very smooth and very enjoyable as I said alot of time alot of respect to you guys for hosting when no one else is willing to do it so thanks again.

I now write about the awards. So, the awards were voted on by 3 people. Charlini, Dume & SirAlecks.
The best cavalry which was ofc either SirAlecks or another person for example Ciiges. He imo outplayed SirAlecks in the semi-final and vs us in the final that one set at the end was completely won by Ciiges cutting us down.
FT_Ciiges    K 12 D  3 TK 0 A 3     PL 2
FT_SirAlecks    K 9   D 7 TK 0   A3   PL 3

FT_Ciiges    K 19 D 6 TK 0   A 9   PL 4
FT_SirAlecks      K 13 D 8   TK 0   A 10     PL 4

Secondly I want to discuss the decision about 'golden bow'. I put all the stuff in the spoiler below and I was told by an admin that the stats make up 60% of the decision. With 30% Performances, important round impact and 10% 'subjective'
Razer - 70 kills, 27 deaths, 4 Tk's, 38 assists. KD of 2.5 or lower?
Apollo - 84 kills, 32 deaths, 0 TK'S, 49 assists. KD of 2.6?

Both played 6 games
I had 29 headshots, he had 24
I had 4922 damage, Razer's dmg wasn't on the list.

Matt should of also been in the running as he played well, maybe not as consistent as his teammate Razer but he should of still been there.

I honestly, don't want any decision changing but in the future you should expand on the voting to not be only 3 people from the same clan and friendgroup.

Thanks again for the tourney.

- Not trying to cause salt, just want to get a honest 'professional' opinion.

Gratz to FT for another win and to Aequalits and Wonwokie for their places.
Thanks again Greed for your amazing dedication to streaming Warband, as usual you did a superb job :smile:
Yami's work on stats and fabulous presentation deserves a medal too!

Thanks for the appreciation, I was glad to help :smile:

Obviously the awards do look a bit biased and a little more openness about the process would go a long way to dispelling that look. In future I would suggest that anyone involved in deciding who gets an award should not be themselves eligible for an award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom