[W5L] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jp6224h.png

QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

If you have any questions or want to give suggestions feel free to do it here.

will the recently caught cheaters be allowed to play in the tournaments?

oh and will crosshair modifications be allowed?

Rules state:

§ 3 Tournament Format - Appendix 2: "The top 4 of the ladder stage will go through to the Knockout stage."

§ 5 Knockout Stage Format - Appendix 1: "After 7 weeks, the top eight teams of the ladder stage will move to a single elimination bracket."

Which is it?

Viktor said:
Rules state:

§ 3 Tournament Format - Appendix 2: "The top 4 of the ladder stage will go through to the Knockout stage."

§ 5 Knockout Stage Format - Appendix 1: "After 7 weeks, the top eight teams of the ladder stage will move to a single elimination bracket."

Which is it?

Top 8 teams will qualify for knockouts.
thanks for pointing out the typo

Another rule question:

§ Knockout Stage(7): "Pick/Ban system will be edited to force a closed map, an open map and a mixed one for the Final to make sure that a more exciting, balanced and longer Final, which gives great possibilities of comebacks, and presents a definitely more balanced Final as both teams will need to prove themselves in all scenarios. Every round will count as it will still be round scoring system."

§ 5 Maps & Factions (1): "Maps and factions will be determined in advance throughout the tournament using a random number generator. Each match includes one closed and one mixed/open map."

So will there be a pick/ban system for maps or are they all pre-determined?

You also need to make these scheduling rules a lot simpler:

(2) Matches must be played by the midnight BST on the date given in the fixture thread. The default time will be 19:30 on that date. Ok so that makes sense, you give a deadline fair enough
(3) Team A must post in the fixture thread, at least 2 dates with a default time of 19:30 BST at least 24 hours before the match deadline. If Team A fails to do this on time Team B may post their preferred time/date. Ok I sort've get that, I imagine the two teams would discuss the best dates on steam or something and the fixtures thread is more for official purposes rather than "These are our dates and if you can't play then tough" - hopefully it's the first option and not the second because if so, that's a huge area for concern. (You'd give Team A a huge advantage for scheduling)
(3) Team B must select one of those two times/dates (by posting in the fixtures thread) at least 12 hours before the match deadline. Ok, again if this is option A from the previous answer, then this'll just be for official purposes so admins can see when the match is. If Team B fails to do this Team A may select their preferred time/date. If this is option B, then this rule is terrible - you're basically allowing Team A to choose a date that Team B can't even make, giving a default win for Team A. But again, hopefully, this is just precautionary because in reality the teams would have discussed the best dates on steam.
(4) Teams may agree a non default time by posting in the fixtures thread. Don't really understand - surely by posting their preferred dates and times they're already deciding on a non-default time.
(5) If neither team posts the match must be played on the default date/time. Makes sense.

To me, this just seems like an overly complicated set of rules for nothing. The whole two dates, Team A, Team B thing is just unnecessary - just make teams post their decided date for that week decided from steam and get the other team to confirm in the fixtures thread. If the match can't be played due to scheduling problems - get the teams to prove they did everything they could to accommodate and play. Then decide defaults. It would make enforcing these scheduling rules alot simpler and less time consuming and prevent confusion.

Most rules will be updated and changed as I wrote in the announcement we are underway retrofitting the rules for purpose. however every rule might not be fit for purpose until the signups end. Thanks for pointing it out however.

About your question, we wanted to do pick/bans after week 1 of the league stage as I wrote in an earlier post however due to the group stage I think we should change it up and commit to randomised maps and factions until the knockouts where we will give the teams who reached that stage the chance to do picks/bans so hopefully that will be more fair and interesting for all parties.

Edit: Replied properly via steam.

Edit: I also just wanted to add that the rule change effecting the advanced does not effect the novice they will still follow the same ruleset as before but ofc just on a smaller scale. This is to hopefully ensure they will not get bored and will stick around afterwards.

Viktor said:
EDIT: Spoke to Apollo, I know alot of these rules aren't yours and were copied + you're changing them around anyway.

I also wanted to address this since seems like you wanted to make a 'point' of this. As I told you on steam we did copy some rules from the WSC aswell as other threads. But this was all with the permission of SirAlecks. Who also gave us the Map Information thread which I probably wouldn't of been able to make look so nice without his help so thanks for that.

Consider the balance of the group "A"

1 AE Gold
2 duelkids2001
3 Double Trebel Rebels
4 Wonwokie
5 Red Brigade
6 Trinity

And why did you remove Spain from our group ?

Kazupa said:

1 AE Gold
2 duelkids2001
3 Double Trebel Rebels
4 Wonwokie
5 Red Brigade
6 Trinity

We did the seeds with opinions from a few players outside of the admin team. We made the seeds then changed them up a little with more consideration. Group A will be the strongest teams of each tier its just how the seeding works.

Apollo~ said:
Kazupa said:

1 AE Gold
2 duelkids2001
3 Double Trebel Rebels
4 Wonwokie
5 Red Brigade
6 Trinity

We did the seeds with opinions from a few players outside of the admin team. We made the seeds then changed them up a little with more consideration. Group A will be the strongest teams of each tier its just how the seeding works.
Are you serious now ??? hahahaha
Four strongest teams AE, Wonwokie, duelkids2001, Double Trebel Rebels. what will we do to them ??  oh well, yes there is Trinity. Uf
I just want a balance, I don't care if it's random... I just want you to remove one of these commands AE / duelkids2001 from the group.

Kazupa said:

Hey man, I can understand why you are upset. You are right to be upset however this is the tournament format you signed up for its all in the rules. If we was now to randomise all the groups there would always be people who are upset. You could even get a even harder group. It's unfortunate how the groups ended up especially on your side, but we cater to ALL teams not just one team.

Apollo~ said:
Kazupa said:

Hey man, I can understand why you are upset. You are right to be upset however this is the tournament format you signed up for its all in the rules. If we was now to randomise all the groups there would always be people who are upset. You could even get a even harder group. It's unfortunate how the groups ended up especially on your side, but we cater to ALL teams not just one team.
But here is the problem of such tournaments.
you are lazy to think through the rules for such situations, it's not right... but I understand you
it was evident at the very beginning of the tournament, when suddenly you changed the rules. no more questions

Kazupa said:
Apollo~ said:
Kazupa said:

But here is the problem of such tournaments.
you are lazy to think through the rules for such situations, it's not right... but I understand you
it was evident at the very beginning of the tournament, when suddenly you changed the rules. no more questions

yeah we changed the format. yeah we changed up rules but still the majority of captains and people voted for a group stage so don't blame us for the groups. every tournament with groupstage has to seed teams and its obviously hard to rate teams. a team can look extremely good on paper but might get stomped by another team which was ranked worse. if you think we are wrong send us a list with the way you would seed teams and we might change some things up since the tourny didnt start yet anyway.

Apollo~ said:
Kiano said:
Are you saying that the strongest teams of each tier were put into group A, or that it just worked out that way?
It just worked out that way, we didn't intend for that to happen.

If the groups aren't randomised I'm not sure how it just happened. Don't want to seem too critical, I just think if, by your own admission, the best teams of each tier are in the same group it's detrimental to the tournament.

Kiano said:
Apollo~ said:
Kiano said:
Are you saying that the strongest teams of each tier were put into group A, or that it just worked out that way?
It just worked out that way, we didn't intend for that to happen.

If the groups aren't randomised I'm not sure how it just happened. Don't want to seem too critical, I just think if, by your own admission, the best teams of each tier are in the same group it's detrimental to the tournament.

It's no problem atall its the questions and suggestions thread. - To clear any misunderstandings up. We seeded the teams into tiers, then we placed them one by one into groups until we had none left which is how seeding works. Again to refer to the rules, all this stuff is in the rules.

So you can still tell me why Spain was removed from our group? oh well, yes for keeping balance of course... you just ****ing liar I do not have more words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom