[Nation's Cup 2018] Announcement & Signups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Fietta said:
Yeah it doesn't cut out the community but cuts out the competition. People always used to get excited trying to join their nations team and routing for them during the tournament.

From my brief experience as UK captain, the players I/we had to decline were generally pretty bitter about it.

I agree which is why they came to me, I was never bitter nor have I ever tried to apply for the UK team. I just thought that there wouldn't be drama over the Welsh team. The ones declined from the UK team would be bitter but wouldn't care too much so they'll still route for UK.

Fietta said:
This tournaments format is different where Wales is considered another UK team after drama in NC2017. So I'm making another UK team instead.
I don't think the format addresses the independance of Wales, at least not the one that we established in a long argument last year. BenChan eloquentely described that in his post, too. The only implications this years format has for Wales is that you can either have one or multiples teams.

Scar said:
Fietta said:
This tournaments format is different where Wales is considered another UK team after drama in NC2017. So I'm making another UK team instead.
I don't think the format addresses the independance of Wales, at least not the one that we established in a long argument last year. BenChan eloquentely described that in his post, too. The only implications this years format has for Wales is that you can either one or multiples teams.

Gibby stated that Welsh players can form a team or join other UK teams and if Wales did form it will be another UK team. No need to discuss.

i think any bitterness is down to how the rejection is handled to be fair :razz: Deacon always struck me as pretty calm and reasonable when he told me i might not play in knockouts while i did in the group stages and most can respect that

Fietta said:
Gibby stated that Welsh players can form a team or join other UK teams and if Wales did form it will be another UK team. No need to discuss.
I find it surprising you are giving up your national identity that quickly, considering you've fought for it so tenaciously last year.

Fietta said:
Scar said:
Fietta said:
I don't think the format addresses the independance of Wales, at least not the one that we established in a long argument last year. BenChan eloquentely described that in his post, too. The only implications this years format has for Wales is that you can either one or multiples teams.

Because a Welsh team will be classed as simply another UK team. Scar was pointing out the hypocrisy of seeking to form a Welsh team last year, but this year making a team with English people (even though the 2017 Welsh team was made up mainly English players as well). We have already addressed the Welsh issue, there is nothing else to say on it.

Scar said:
Fietta said:
I find it surprising you are giving up your national identity that quickly, considering you fought for it so tenaciously last year.

I don't know where you're getting this piss-poor attitude from. I never said that Wales isn't part of the UK but is it's own country with it's own unique culture etc. So there's no need to say that Wales can't be it's own nation for the Nations cup. For a warband tournament that allowed 4 nations together to form an 'alliance' that is. Even the NW NC has a Welsh, Scottish and English team. People are just too salty.

Fietta said:
Scar said:
Fietta said:
I find it surprising you are giving up your national identity that quickly, considering you fought for it so tenaciously last year.

I don't know where you're getting this piss-poor attitude from. I never said that Wales isn't part of the UK but is it's own country with it's own unique culture etc. So there's no need to say that Wales can't be it's own nation for the Nations cup. For a warband tournament that allowed 4 nations together to form an 'alliance' that is. Even the NW NC has a Welsh, Scottish and English team. People are just too salty.
But why would you play with someone from England, when you can still have an exclusively Welsh team? The format doesn't prohibit that.

Scar said:
Fietta said:
Scar said:
Fietta said:

But why would you play with someone from England, when you can still have an exclusively Welsh team? The format doesn't prohibit that.

Well, it clearly showed that it's hard to distinguish a Welshman from an Englishman and people would just blatantly lie about it anyways. This tournament doesn't represent nations anyways since it's all just fun with no competition. Just because I made a Welsh team doesn't mean I suddenly hate the UK and having an identity crisis like wot

Fietta said:
Well, it clearly showed that it's hard to distinguish a Welshman from an Englishman and people would just blatantly lie about it anyways. This tournament doesn't represent nations anyways since it's all just fun with no competition. Just because I made a Welsh team doesn't mean I suddenly hate the UK.
Should we all be allowed to play for whatever team now because it is hard to distinguish what nation we actually are from or identify with?

Scar said:
Fietta said:
Well, it clearly showed that it's hard to distinguish a Welshman from an Englishman and people would just blatantly lie about it anyways. This tournament doesn't represent nations anyways since it's all just fun with no competition. Just because I made a Welsh team doesn't mean I suddenly hate the UK.
Should we all be allowed to play for whatever team now because it is hard to distinguish what nation we actually are from or identify with?

Ok you're being very dumb now xd. You can easily distinguish people and their nationality based on their accent, previous teams and teamspeak flag. If you go over the border from Wales to England, the accent doesn't change much, the teamspeak flag will be UK and since there's no previous Welsh team then they'd just be in the UK team. You're being so dramatic.

I said that Wales IS PART of the UK it's just a country in it's own right and can be represented in it's own right. The UK and its countries are a bit more complex than just the big standard 'Germany' or 'France'.

If you reply with 'YEAH BUT THEY MIGHT USE VPN OR GERMAN VOICE CHANGER' don't bother.

Fietta shut up honestly, why do you always come up with **** statements and make drama out of everything. Nobody here takes you serious anymore, because you've literally never been right.

Some people say I sound irish, Kiano, this will be a fun year, TEAMMATE!!

I literally didn't start this, Scar did. I normally get my way regardless, proven plenty of times, right or wrong.

Kiano said:
It's easy to distinguish nationalities based on accents, except Welsh and English where the accent doesn't change much. Gotcha.

I'm from mid-Wales and don't sound Welsh at all?

Fietta said:
I said that Wales IS PART of the UK it's just a country in it's own right and can be represented in it's own right. The UK and its countries are a bit more complex than just the big standard 'Germany' or 'France'
And you can choose when you want to represent in its own right and when you don't. I see, good night.

Your comment on Germany also couldn't be further from the truth.

Scar said:
Fietta said:
I said that Wales IS PART of the UK it's just a country in it's own right and can be represented in it's own right. The UK and its countries are a bit more complex than just the big standard 'Germany' or 'France'
You can choose when you want to represent in its own right and when you don't. I see, good night.

Your comment on Germany also couldn't be further from the truth.

Why is this even happening, have a nice sleep. Even if I had an exclusive Welsh team it will still be representing the UK in this format so what's the point? The whole point of Wales is as you've said to represent Wales. That wouldn't be happening if I made one here as it would be another UK team??????

Fietta said:
Topcat21 said:
Fietta said:
Nations cup teams don't stay around, they're not the standard tournament teams. Low tier NC teams won't become 'mid tier' it's a nation team lol
so? maybe some do maybe some don't it's just a fun tournament to fill the time till the next big standard clan tournament. Stop whining

Exactly it's a fun tournament, that's exactly what NC shouldn't be.

Sorry, I forgot that we haven't dedicated hundreds and thousands of hours to this game because we find it fun. FUN, why would we want that?

BenChan said:
I strongly agree with the sentiments above and don't see a tournament with multiple teams from the same nation as particularly constructive.

The key issue is that the tournament ceases to be a test of which nation is able to produce the single best team in Warband and becomes more like a standard tournament with elements of neo-fascist nationalism introduced in order to divide the community further. Considering the political landscape of Europe at the moment has already shifted in a such a direction with detrimental effect, this is not a dimension that needs to be introduced to an already toxic and divided community.

Secondly, there is the clear bias in favour of nations with a more active Warband scene with any nations cup, which diminishes the possibility of 'the underdogs' seizing the day and producing an exciting or at all unpredictable outcome. This kind of oppression of minorities is made systemic by the introduction of multiple teams from the same nation and demolishes the equity, diversity and inclusivity of a standard nations cup.

Finally, this new system also exacerbates internal divisions within nations as to what constitutes 'a nation'. The question of a Welsh team competing independently has already been raised, which is relatively uncontroversial as there is little tension within the UK community over Welsh independence. However, for other EU nations, there has been more recent conflict as to whether certain regions ought to be autonomous or not and whether they are in fact a constituent part of a said nation. The option for multiple teams allows for further division within each country's Warband scene which is totally unnecessary.

As a whole, therefore, this new format promotes nationalist sentiments within the community, suppresses already marginalised minorities within the community and creates further division within those already vulnerable nations. As a result, it should not under any circumstance be adopted and, if any nations cup is to be held (which I would question in itself), it should be held on the same terms as previous tournaments.

There I fixed it now you can read it without needing a microscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom