Users who are viewing this thread

** 11-9 Blackened

MFVa8in.jpg

YXXwwGN.jpg

IXf06CS.jpg

L2RzYND.jpg

6CveieM.jpg

Js5smlf.jpg

Well played to both teams, was quite an amazing match to watch. Congratulations for making it through Aequalitas!

Really hope we'll have the occasion to see Blackened together for future editions too. Sick team.

GG wp guys and good luck in semis, it was such an exciting match to play. It feels good to be back and play in this atmosphere once again. Time to disappear once again I guess :d

Good game, well played.I'm glad playing in a team which is one of the most entartaining teams of the Warband community.

And good luck to Aequalitas who has eliminated us in Winterburg.

It wasn't the best time for this tounament to play for Turkish players. There was 9 vacation days cuz of our sacred feast. So almost everyone had go on to vacation and we couldn't play much. All 10 of our players played less than 50 hours all combined. Apart from this I congratulate all my teammates and our opponents today. Wish you good luck in the semi finals.

Leonidas 300 said:
You just could play a tourney of 2 weeks and then only A Q, KROWA, Unity and  FT, why you did the qualifier step?  =  only that the lower teams can play some officials?, wasted, cuz there is never a chance for them.
Everything else was thoroughly answered previously, I think, so I'll just focus on this part of your post.

Even for teams which sign up with no hope of winning (and there were a few that signed up just for the fun of it), the qualifier stage plays a vital part in providing opportunities for competitive play in a structured environment. For some teams, that's enough incentive to play. Others may be seeking to prove themselves, and even if they lose then it's still a chance to play against a top-tier team in a highly competitive setting. If we just did FT, KROWA, Unity, and Aequalitas in a two-round single elimination tournament, then what have we learned? That four excellent Warband teams are still good? We would never have seen Blackened's stellar performance throughout the tournament, or the really close Knights of Malta vs. Highest Virtue match which decided the winner of their group. We wouldn't have seen Polish Eagles get upset in their group by Inversed Brains & Fallen Pride after going in as the favorite to win it, or the neck-and-neck Serious Warband vs. Rising Rivals match. It's good for teams which are similarly skilled to face each other at all levels of competitive play, but eventually a better team is going to come along and beat them. That is the nature of competition. The important thing is that everyone gets a chance to win. How much they make of their chance is up to them and their skill.

Orion said:
[...] really close Knights of Malta vs. Highest Virtue match [...]

Nevino said:
Result: Malta 12-2 HV
:grin:

But yea, overall you're right, I personally like that kind of challenge - I wouldn't wanna go through to the semi finals without having the chance to actually prove ourselves against a team that's perceived to be much better.

V1ncent said:
Orion said:
[...] really close Knights of Malta vs. Highest Virtue match [...]

Nevino said:
Result: Malta 12-2 HV
:grin:

But yea, overall you're right, I personally like that kind of challenge - I wouldn't wanna go through to the semi finals without having the chance to actually prove ourselves against a team that's perceived to be much better.

12-2 score can be close ( if you win each rounds with 1 player alive only)

Back
Top Bottom