19:00 - 19:02GRVeto1
19:03 - 19:05WonwokieVeto2
19:06 - 19:08WonwokieVeto3
19:09 - 19:11GRVeto4
19:12 - 19:14GRPick1
19:15 - 19:17WonwokiePick2
19:18 - 19:30RANDOMIZATION ON STREAMPick3

PICK NIGHT & KNOCKOUT STAGE RULES

·Each team bans 2 maps and gets to pick 1 out of the map pool.
·If a team fails to make his ban/pick on time, it will be randomised.
·All picks/bans need to be done by a team contact, if another member without permission by their team or tournament officials attempts to do a pick/ban, it won't be accepted.
·Every ban, randomised ones included, has to acomplish the following condition. A type of map, can't be fully banned. If there's only 1 map out of its type left, it can't be banned. Example: If 3 closed maps are already banned, and team A attempts to ban Verloren. The ban won't be accepted as all closed maps would be banned. This applies to any kind of map type(closed, mixed and open).
·If a type of map has already been picked, that type of map will no longer be pickable. Example: If Verloren has already been picked, you can't pick any other closed type map. This applies to any kind of map type(closed, mixed and open).
·However, for the Grand Finals & Bronze match the teams will have to fight in 3 maps, one closed, one mixed and one open. Teams will still have 2 bans and 1 pick, meaning that out of the remaining type of map that has not been picked by one of the teams one map will be randomly selected on Stream (out of the non-banned available choices) and will be assigned as third map.
·The format of the match will work via ROUND SCORING system.

MAP POOL

CLOSED MAPS
Verloren
San'di'boush
Fort of Honour
Legacy Town

MIXED MAPS
Naval outpost
Mountain fortress
Beairteas

OPEN MAPS
Reveran village
Castellum
Frosthaven
River Village

An announcement will come soon, but teams are allowed to play their matches between this week and the following one (From the 27th of Agust to the 9th of September) due to the BladeCast Masters having their knockouts & final weeks at the same time as the WSC2.
This means that if neither team can agreed on a date for the match the default time will be next Sunday 9th of September.

I'd like to personally thank everyone that has helped us so far, let's make these finals very interesting!
Good luck to everyone involved!

Main difference is simple, dragging the Semi-Finals and allowing an extension of a week would've mean that both teams should've played during the very same week we're trying to avoid in this scenario, realistically, neither teams would've been able to play on it because of the BCM scheduling, which would result on delaying it even further until September (a month that from the start we tried to avoid as it's the start of other type of tournaments and most importantly the start of school, highschool, college, work etc...) So we would've been in a situation where our tournament would end "officially" very deep into September around the 17-20th, messing with other possible schedules and again, in a month that we tried from the start not to even touch it.

The case is simple, if the BCM wouldn't have been scheduled like it has there would've been no issue to delay the tournament further so that both teams could make it on equal terms but you must also understand that if you sign up to a tournament that very clearly has the scheduling available for all players on the rules you should be available to play at default time on the dates that are specified in the ruleset.

§ 4 Scheduling[/anchor]

(1) The tournament schedule will tend to look like:
  • Group Stage 1 played by Sun 8/7
  • Group stage 2 played by Sun 15/7
  • Group stage 3 played by Sun 22/7
  • Group stage 4 played by Sun 29/7
  • Group stage 5 played by Sun 5/8
  • Pre-QFs played by Sun 12/8
  • QFs played by Sun 19/8
  • Sfs played by Sun 26/8
  • Finals played by Sun 02/9
all dates are inclusive and end at midnight BST
(2) Matches must be played by the midnight BST on the date given in the fixture thread. The default time will be 19:30 on that date.

Our schedule was posted WAY before the BCM's, meaning we weren't aware that their finals and knockout week would be during the very same time and dates as the WSC finals. The semifinals on the other hand didn't have this issue, your players weren't available for the whole week and very poor efforts were made to schedule something from your end, not that it is your fault, but it was very bad timing for all of us. We can all agree that a Taleworld's sponsored tournament is way more important than the WSC and therefore we're allowing players to STILL play through it if they have the time and they want to but giving them the option to schedule it beyond our initial intentions. And I feel the obligation to say that this was MY idea. Alone. Charlini and Dume had nothing to do with it and I told them that I'd do what I thought was better for the tournament because even though I'm part of FT I'm not a leader for it, and people that know me will know that I try to be as unbiased as possible.

Again, I understand your frustration but if anyone's at fault here it ain't the WSC or their teams as a whole, and I'd appreciate if we kept the drama to a minimum.

I totally agree that BCM was planned poorly. If they waited 2 weeks everyone would've been happy.
The entire situation was obvious before no matter which team advanced the BCM is still on the same day as the wsc finals. So let's say in case you would've given the semifinals a week extension we could've played Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday + the weekdays after the BCM (in case FT or GR are still in the tournament since they can't play the wsc final during that time anyway) so that the final can be on the 8th/9th. Noone would've lost a week and no default in semifinals.

Also I don't really see how it was poor scheduling. The days we could play you couldn't and the other way around. I belive it's in both teams interest to be able to play with their 8 'core' players so it's not a big deal. You then forced the default time knowing that we can't gather 8 people. It's not against the rules or anything I'm just saying I doubt that there was no way that the match could've been played. I think default wins blow, but it's even worse in knockout stage. I don't really care too much about the tournament itself I think it's just weird that we don't get an extension because you don't want the tournament to be delayed (which is acceptable), but then stick to your own rules and don't give yourself an extension.

We really dont have to go again with this, we couldn't do Monday or Tuesday because we had 5 people out, Wednesday is Quarter Finals day for BCM and we were also missing 2 guys at default hour, 4 guys before that, but again its QF for BCM. Then its semi finals and finals, like I said, realistically not possible or very unlikely with such a small roster so I guarantee a delay would've been placed.

You had poor scheduling, that's undeniable, Charlini had to personally step in and speak with various members of your team to even know if you were available to play, even I had to do it aswell. Sota slept in two days whilst the scheduling was going on only to not get an answer afterwards, we asked for your available dates to only receive vague responses and overall confused answers of wether you were going to be available or not. You had members that confirmed assisting on Sunday that didn't turned up to the match. Do I think is on the players? Not really. But you have no right to ask for delays when on the first place a poor effort to arrange is being made, you shouldn't EXPECT to be able to play on a Knockout stage after the deadline, at least you should have 8 players ready for it, specially when right afterwards there's another tournament's important stage, which is ALSO when the week is also where most people start going back to work or they just got holidays. Expecting to be able to play after the deadline is extremely egocentric, a coordinated effort is what's allowed this community to keep on playing throughout the years, delays are a tool that can be used IF and only IF both teams can make it on that new schedule and the situation allows it, which clearly is not the case and that has nothing to do with the WSC as I explained later, not much the Bladecast team could do either, they did give us some info, but like I said bad timing.

And it really seems that you didn't get my point, we didn't want to give a full week extension on the semifinals, because that'd mean that the whole tournament would be not just moved 1 week but 3 like I explained before. If someone has to make an effort in order to play throughout September because of IRL businesses it will only happen once during that week and not two or a possibly three if an extension has to be given for the finals. Just because you can't to organise yourself during the week that you have to play and on the following days you are available to do so, means the world has to adapt to you. I hope it doesn't sound too rude, its not my intention but things are how they are.

FT as a whole really wanted to make it work, we wanted to fight you as fairly as possible (and thats why some of them got frustrated yesterday) as long as we weren't missing a lot of people, if people doesn't want to believe it feel free to do so, but here's a screenshot of our WhatsApp group of that Thursday (JUEVES in spanish) where we tried to arrange it quickly as we had been told GR could potentially make it. (And yes mods, I do have permission to post this from the other people involved)

7afbe2606809c293b57b2157921227db.png

HKP said:
We knew we couldnt get 8 on sunday since wednesday, you were told, too. Even if everyone showed up as planed (BD) we would've been 7.

Wrong, Sotamursu agreed on playing sunday stating that only Razer could miss it by Sunday, Then next day one of your members approached me saying that GR wouldn't be able to make it. After wasting literally hours of my time and Razer's to manage both my team and yours because your leader was sleeping, I got tired of suggesting NORMAL times unlike your team did(Note: Told Sota on WEDNESDAY that we couldn't make monday and tuesday, not because we wouldnt want, but because we would literally be 6-7, also, mark that this is already out of the deadline). So keep posting stuff like this if you want, instead you could take a look into those members who did sign up for your roster and then let you down, and emergency or vacation plans can happen, 6-7 people missing don't. Those who don't belong to GR, you shouldn't even have a matter or say on this opinion as you're unaware of the facts and context so better to stay quiet.

We'll try to play before the default time, if both **** and FT can, if not, then accept it, one thing is to give an extra week IF NEEDED to play the finals, another one to suggest killing our own tournament because some other people didn't have the decency of schedulling properly. And considering on another hand, the management of the team, who knows if they would even be able to play in 2-3 weeks lol.

Keep out of that topic, and I hope you don't keep posting undesired bs specially knowing your own actions. 

I know that you (FT) guys have told outsiders to stay out of it, but I feel that's a bit unfair to say. As a spectator, I was really excited to watch the scrim between the prospected numbers 1 and 2 for this tournament. We were together in Teamspeak, had our popcorn ready and were really excited to see FT and GR duke it out. Sadly, GR did not have enough players and a default was given out.

I would have kept out of it, but I have some problems with the argumentation of the tournament administration. I am also not fond of what are essentially threats to shut people up. It is not quite clear to me what the problem is, because multiple points are presented as the main problem.

One of the points mentioned is that delaying the tournament by another week would kill the tournament. This point is poorly argumented with the only thing close to an argument being "who knows if they would even be able to play in 2-3 weeks" implying that delaying the semi-finals could perpetually delay the tournament such that it is never finished. I don't think this is fair to say, as you could simply give GR a "give me an answer before date X whether you can play in interval Y" and if X and Y are reasonable, you give them a legitimate way to still make the match happen without risking perpetual delay. In any way, the tournament would end the 16th of September if you give GR another week to play, which I really don't see a concrete problem with. I would like an explanation on this point.

Another of the points mentioned is that FT put in enough effort, while GR did not. Obviously, I don't know the process that happened with scheduling and I view Sota as relatively incompetent when it comes to responding in time. Nevertheless, the fact that all active admins are from the FT side makes it hard to take it at face value that everything was done properly. There was no one for GR to contact with these scheduling problems, only players from the opposing team. I'd say to blame it all on GR is regardless of their actions totally unfair due to this. In my eyes, the admins should have tried to look for a way to play regardless of what happened. They have every bit of power to change whatever they want to make a better (or worse) tournament.

In conclusion, I find the arguments in favour of "a default win is desirable/necessary" insufficient. I see no problem with extending the semi-finals until the 9th of September and the finals until the 16th. I hope that the administrators will reconsider, as a match of the calibre "FT vs GR" is too much to miss.

We wanted to play lmfao, just show up on next time...

Sunday 1930 has been default days for ****ing years, you sign up to the tournament knowing this is literally the fallback day for any team to rely on. Yeah you can negociate, but if that doesnt work, its sunday 1930.

Dont blame us for your own incompetence smh

(This is not to all GR members, I understand some couldnt come and said this in time, and some did show. Its to the people who didnt show for no reason.)

I'll speak to the other admins today and consult with external people to see if we change the current decision. But again, when I ask people out of context to stay out of it, it's specially because of what these guys just posted above, Answering without even reading any kind of explanations given above, typing stuff that doesn't really make sense or that is true. I do understand Watly's point and share it, its not something we looked for, but the fact that we managed everything properly, scheduled both the tournament and our team with time and in an effective way and we've to be the ones screwed, with problems and possibly big delays is frustrating.

The point of the 'Extension' if you call it that way of the Grand Finals, comes the moment i get approached by the opponent telling me that we should look for a solution, as if one of the teams or both got the BCM finals, they would happen on the same day time, forcing default time would make the team unavaible to attend both BCM and WSC matches. So we just gave more days to schedule the match(as default time) if needed, trying to make it earlier anyway because if one team forces the default time, following rules WSC that team would be extremely ****. So no, it's not the same situation so we would appreciate if you stopped looking for comparisons that aren't even close to be the same situation, nor the duration of the delays in case semis are played.

We'll likely either give a 3 week extension so semifinals with GR are played, ending the tournament the 16th (:facepalm:) or enshort the default time of the grand finals, to the 2nd of september but at another hour different than 19.30 bst. Will deliver an update by tonight.

I want to emphasize that I have not wanted to imply that the admins did a poor job running; on the contrary, they have done a great job so far. I just wanted to point out that the lack of diversity in the administration makes these scheduling problems hard to deal with in an unbiased manner.

I would like some clarification on what is going to happen with picks and bans tonight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom