Early Access Confirmed

Users who are viewing this thread

A few minutes ago, Armagan confirmed that there will be EA version during interview with Monsters and Exploration. Twitch link below: https://www.twitch.tv/monstersandexplosions

Actually I am a bit dissapointted, because i feel like Armagan was agaisnt EA even at previous MB title. I remember him saying "I felt bad giving an unfinished product" something like that. This shows they dont know what to do with this big game, like probably in 2019 EA and who knows when full game gets released.

It will not be free. Nothing is free. Ever.

I don't mind paying $40 for this game in EA and allowing TaleWorlds access to crash reports and bug reports. I did this with Divinity Original Sin and I think it was a helpful process for them (Larian). Not all EA is bad as long as there is a method for the developer to access the files of players so they can see what is working and what is not and if you don't want to give TW that permission than you should be barred from the EA. And at the end of the EA the price should rise at full release.

That's fair and proper.

HUMMAN said:
Actually I am a bit dissapointted, because i feel like Armagan was agaisnt EA even at previous MB title. I remember him saying "I felt bad giving an unfinished product" something like that. This shows they dont know what to do with this big game, like probably in 2019 EA and who knows when full game gets released.

Well they did say, at least as far back as early 2016, that they were considering early access. So it's not a sudden decision. Early access has the obvious benefit of utilising many more people than they have in their company to try out the game and find bugs and balancing issues, and give feeback on what works well and what doesn't.

RKStranger said:
Armagan confirmed that there will be EA version
Oh my god I had thought for a long time what the hell kind of relationship does Talewords have with Electronic Arts  :mrgreen:
I hope that news is true. (As long as I can get ea version of it)

DanAngleland said:
Well they did say, at least as far back as early 2016, that they were considering early access. So it's not a sudden decision. Early access has the obvious benefit of utilising many more people than they have in their company to try out the game and find bugs and balancing issues, and give feeback on what works well and what doesn't.
They were saying releasing in some form, i think it may refer to Captain demo etc not EA, dont know if you are talking about something different. They were also saying finishing touches etc. Still I agree about beta, but open beta has its obvious harms too. Just to test bugs in a closed beta, even bringing some warband veterans to test MP would be more than enough, less is more. Also showing game to some modders or giving modding tools would be cool. Now i feel like they are just throwing  a bone to people to shut up, and develop the game more, and one thing we know for sure TW is not good at guessing game development or finishing it. They may just go back and forth according to player feedback and get lost. Finishing a simple product is a way more valuable than a complex unfinished product, and still Armagan's language about game features "probably, probably not" these are not promising at this stage.

I would definitely buy the Early Access version, if it's discounted from the full release price.
But I might not want to actually play the SP campaign (if it's part of the EA) until full release when it's properly finished!
I would certainly play custom battles and/or multiplayer, and give feedback/bug-reports on those things during the EA period, though, if that's available.

Back
Top Bottom