?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

Users who are viewing this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBWqkDxkyPo

I know most of us, me included, have whined about Warband’s randomly generated mountain terrain - precipitous cliffs, impossible inclines etc. My initial worry about the replacement of randomly generated battlefields with hand crafted ones was that they would become repetitious. However, watching this battle I’m certain that flat as a pancake battlefields surrounded by mountaineous terrain borders is the wrong solution. How can there not even be a hill to fight on in the mountains? If they must be hand crafted, please make sure mountain battles are only selected from a pool of hilly battlefields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHCmDUcQNVs

To be fair, the desert canyon battlefield is awesome.  :grin:

When the player meets Morynon of the Hidden Hand and asks for a task from this AI lord of a minor faction, he has none to give (15.22 video). Hopefully, that will change with the full release.
BTW how is Morynon of the Hidden Hand an ai Lord leading a decent sized warband (54), but then isn’t listed as a member of the Hidden Hand in the Encyclopedia? That suggests the Encyclopedia isn’t generated dynamically, which will be a source of many bugs. Or, are all most ai Lord names randomly generated at the start of each new game (clearly the names of faction leaders are constant)?

DsRf_.jpg

Arnulf Floyd said:
Mountain battles are a issue in many games because make battles more harder for both player and AI :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

There is a difference between hard when it comes to difficulty as in skill ceiling needed and being glitchy, clunky and a total clusterf*ck.

I've refer to pathfinding which make battles almost impossible because maps are random generated even hand-crafted ones has issues

The joins between the playable rectangular campaign map and its terrain borders look really ugly in winter. Highlighted in red:
ZaejQ.jpg
There must be a way to hide the join. The snow line also looks too regular/rectangular - hopefully just a coincidence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVZSvFdq0UA

Also, do we have walkers in castles? The NPCs in castles all appear to be waiting for something to happen.

NPC99 said:

I know most of us, me included, have whined about Warband’s randomly generated mountain terrain - precipitous cliffs, impossible inclines etc. My initial worry about the replacement of randomly generated battlefields with hand crafted ones was that they would become repetitious. However, watching this battle I’m certain that flat as a pancake battlefields surrounded by mountaineous terrain borders is the wrong solution. How can there not even be a hill to fight on in the mountains? If they must be hand crafted, please make sure mountain battles are only selected from a pool of hilly battlefields.

When the player meets Morynon of the Hidden Hand and asks for a task from this AI lord of a minor faction, he has none to give (15.22 video). Hopefully, that will change with the full release.
BTW how is Morynon of the Hidden Hand an ai Lord leading a decent sized warband (54), but then isn’t listed as a member of the Hidden Hand in the Encyclopedia? That suggests the Encyclopedia isn’t generated dynamically, which will be a source of many bugs. Or, are all most ai Lord names randomly generated at the start of each new game (clearly the names of faction leaders are constant)?

DsRf_.jpg

I think some of the reason battlefields felt so empty was because they were. They upped the battlefield size to allow for larger battles, but all we saw was 10-20 or so person battles. I imagine when it's 400 vs. 400, against an ai lord who will use tactics instead of just charging like a looter, and there's more types of units (i.e. inf, archer, and cav), the battlefield will get more spread out and used. In the first battle in the vid you linked, there's an awesome ravine/drop off to the right w/ a river running through it that's completely ignored because she's only fighting 7? looters, meaning charge and kill is the better option. However, with a few hundred people under my command I might try sending some cav or lighter inf. into the ravine to swing around the other side and take them from behind or something.

Roccoflipside said:
NPC99 said:

DsRf_.jpg
I think some of the reason battlefields felt so empty was because they were. They upped the battlefield size to allow for larger battles, but all we saw was 10-20 or so person battles. I imagine when it's 400 vs. 400, against an ai lord who will use tactics instead of just charging like a looter, and there's more types of units (i.e. inf, archer, and cav), the battlefield will get more spread out and used. In the first battle in the vid you linked, there's an awesome ravine/drop off to the right w/ a river running through it that's completely ignored because she's only fighting 7? looters, meaning charge and kill is the better option. However, with a few hundred people under my command I might try sending some cav or lighter inf. into the ravine to swing around the other side and take them from behind or something.
True, but I’d still like to see hills in mountainous terrain.

NPC99 said:
Roccoflipside said:
NPC99 said:

DsRf_.jpg
Oh absolutely, one of the things that got me most excited about BL was the 2016 footage where the enemy lord sat up on the hill and forced the player to come to him. It was so much more... real than the either charge or approach slowly in a long thin line approach.

Roccoflipside said:
NPC99 said:
Roccoflipside said:
NPC99 said:

DsRf_.jpg
Oh absolutely, one of the things that got me most excited about BL was the 2016 footage where the enemy lord sat up on the hill and forced the player to come to him. It was so much more... real than the either charge or approach slowly in a long thin line approach.
Agreed. That was a great battlefield.  :grin:

NPC99 said:
at 3:17 of this video you can see what it seem an empty space under the terrain border like in warband, that's not good and give the feeling of playing again in a fake boxy map.
I really don't understand why they decided to keep separated models instead of using a semplified extension of the map with distant vegetation and buildings like far castles and similiar.

fedeita said:
NPC99 said:
at 3:17 of this video you can see what it seem an empty space under the terrain border like in warband, that's not good and give the feeling of playing again in a fake boxy map.
I really don't understand why they decided to keep separated models instead of using a semplified extension of the map with distant vegetation and buildings like far castles and similiar.

Good spot. I initially assumed it was water. Highlighted in red:

M_Fi1.jpg

It's difficult to check even handcrafted maps from every angle.

The Bannerlord Encyclopeadia in the Gamescom demo listed 89 clans:

8 Aserai clans
7 Battania clans
8 Kuzait clans
8 Sturgia clans
10 Vlandia clans
7 Northern Empire clans
8 Southern Empire clans
10 Western Empire clans
6 Bandit types (same as Warband)
1 Playerland - the player starts with his own clan
1 Neutral - unaffiliated NPCs/civilians?
1 Test clan
14 Minor Factions

The minor factions were:

Beni Zilal - back-alley thieves & enemies of the Aserai
Brotherhood of the Woods - enemies of Vlandia
Company of the Golden Boar - a mercenary company associated with Vlandia
Eleftheroi - cossack enemies of the Empire
Embers of the Flame - enemies of the Empire
Forrest People (Sons of the Forest in Dev blogs) - Finnic tribes & enenies of Sturgia
Ghilman - a brotherhood of slave soldiers or Mamluks associated with the Aserai
Hidden Hand - a rural mafia & enemies of the Empire
Jawwal - Bedouin enemies of the Aserai
Karakhuzaits - traditional steppe tribe & enemies of Khuzait
Lake Rats - enemies of Sturgia
Legion of the Betrayed - a mercenary company formed from a disbanded Empire Legion
Skolderbrotva - Nord/Jomsviking mercenary brotherhood associated with Sturgia
Wolfskins - Fianna enemies of Battania

One of the minor factions mentioned in the Dev blogs, which wasn't listed was the Nord Varangian guard of the dead Emperor, which turned into a mercenary company. Unless this is also the Skolderbrotva which the Dev blogs associated with Sturgia.
The other was the Watchers or Akritai from the Empire's borders. Were they renamed Embers of the Flame?

"
Oh absolutely, one of the things that got me most excited about BL was the 2016 footage where the enemy lord sat up on the hill and forced the player to come to him. It was so much more... real than the either charge or approach slowly in a long thin line approach."

Can you please post that youtube link?

AJIexander said:
Jurgen said:
We are waiting for new 2019 information
Then us need to make a complete order in the subject and gradually prepare for Gamescom 2019. Today I will start:wink: If you are willing to help, welcome.

I hope™ this time we don't have to read...  :razz:
I can tell you now though: don't pin your hopes on a release date because we will only announce one when we feel the game is ready.

Back
Top Bottom