?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Btw I am kind of scared by the ai.
It ignores the player in some occasions weirdly.
That archer for example.(1:53)
The conflict in 1:56, two men fail to kill him from behind.

Even the man in 1:44 should have turned against the player.
In other games people criticise ai for focusing on the player and this game seems to be doing the opposite.

Hopefully they will fix that, other than that it looks great.

Well lads it appears they havent been slacking off!

Directional shield blocking
New crosshairs (and hitmarker?)
New animations (too much bobbing for me though)
All new UI
New tournaments
camera is further from character. I think I like it how it was before. I'd have to play it but now it seems like you are more out of the action. Less intense. No big deal though

and much more...

Also, please remove that stupid death animation where the guy jumps and spins like a japanese kung fu movie.

KhergitLancer80 said:

In other games people criticise ai for focusing on the player and this game seems to be doing the opposite.

Yeah I agree. At 1:42 he just calmly cuts them from the side and they seem completely careless. Kinda meh...  :???:

vicwiz007 said:
(too much bobbing for me though)

If you refer to 0:42, that's likely because the player's on a slope.

vicwiz007 said:
Well lads it appears they havent been slacking off!

Directional shield blocking
New crosshairs (and hitmarker?)
New animations (too much bobbing for me though)
All new UI
New tournaments
camera is further from character. I think I like it how it was before. I'd have to play it but now it seems like you are more out of the action. Less intense. No big deal though

and much more...

Also, please remove that stupid death animation where the guy jumps and spins like a japanese kung fu movie.

In addition to this, there is a pure cosmetic slot that you can use in the cities without changing war gear. In the tournie scene, the enemy is in the wolf clan we've read about. In the dialogue, the guy that the player is talking to is Battanian and rocks some very impressive armor, his sword handle is very viking-like. Brogomir (the main player) is in the Sturgian faction. In the raider scene, you see someone dying called Viking. He must be in the jomsvikings inspired clan and probably is a mercenary. I would say he is a nord but nords exist as a separate faction as we saw in a picture in a previous blog.

Gab-AG. said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

Yeah I agree. At 1:42 he just calmly cuts them from the side and they seem completely careless. Kinda meh...  :???:

vicwiz007 said:
(too much bobbing for me though)

If you refer to 0:42, that's likely because the player's on a slope.
Yeah that is what I was referring to, and I don't really like that because that's probably how it will be every time youre fighting on a slope then. Again, not a big deal, just a nitpick. As for the AI, I'm not trying to fanboy and make excuses but it is possible they have them set to lowest difficulty just to make some cool clips of the player hacking down enemies. I mean some of the enemies just walk straight toward the player with shield down not doing anything...

Where's Kagos? We need him to tell us all it's fake news and the vid was put together from old footage.

Campaign map is less underwhelming definitely, though I still think it's a little empty.

578 said:
In addition to this, there is a pure cosmetic slot that you can use in the cities without changing war gear. In the tournie scene, the enemy is in the wolf clan we've read about. In the dialogue, the guy that the player is talking to is Battanian and rocks some very impressive armor, his sword handle is very viking-like. Brogomir (the main player) is in the Sturgian faction. In the raider scene, you see someone dying called Viking. He must be in the jomsvikings inspired clan and probably is a mercenary. I would say he is a nord but nords exist as a separate faction as we saw in a picture in a previous blog.
Pretty sure that was the Strugians in the tournament actually, which is nice because theyre the only faction we really haven't seen yet. You may be right about all the other stuff though.

Edit- nevermind i see what you meant. The name at the top left at teh start of the tournament says "Seasoned wolf" so I guess some of those guys were in there as well.

Caps said:
is it just me or does the cam feel way more zoomed out
You know what's weird- there are times when it is very zoomed out and times when it is the same as it was before. Like at 0:36 and 1:00 it's zoomed but during combat it's zoomed out. I would say it zooms in when in civilian stages but that isnt always the case in the video, so it's likely you can choose the zoom yourself.

Not trying to debate, just pointing out, at 1:51 there is a double kill.

Regarding difficulty level, I think it very likely these footage made in lowest difficulty.

For camera view, I think that there is the third option now in the game which is zoomed out third person view.

vicwiz007 said:
Caps said:
You know what's weird- there are times when it is very zoomed out and times when it is the same as it was before. Like at 0:36 and 1:00 it's zoomed but during combat it's zoomed out. I would say it zooms in when in civilian stages but that isnt always the case in the video, so it's likely you can choose the zoom yourself.

Since you can already zoom in or out in Warband I imagine you will be able to do the same in Bannerlord. Personally I like to keep it zoomed out at the maximum, for best awareness.

This video looks awesome. The battles and battle map looks extremely pretty. The men charging down the slope with their shields up gave the most awesome feeling.

Can't wait for Gamescom!

This trailer is very good and the music is Epic ! I agree for the walking annimation maybe not robotic but just a little bit too slow. But they have improved so much graphical quality (no clipping, fantastic animations) it is really looking better and smooth !

vicwiz007 said:
Caps said:

You can change how zoomed out the camera is in Warband with + and - on the numpad I assume it's the same in Bannerlord.

Wow i never knew you had that option in warband... well thats cool. I prefer the original zoomed in look still. Zoomed out seems more advantageous for commanding and whatnot but less immersive.

And yeah another double kill with a big axe lol like they spit in my face. Im going to overlook it though because im happy with the progress i see.

Anyone Notice in the video between 0:23 and 0:24 the party dropping from 58 to 56 troops without engaging in a battle? Is that possibly a attrition mechanic from traveling in the desert?

Back
Top Bottom