?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

Users who are viewing this thread

John C said:
CaptainLee said:
[...] (do I really need a skill to be able to rewind some crossbows on horseback?)[...]

If you want to move the horse at all, yes absolutely.

Because my foot would be off the accelerator...? Is it any different from loosing an arrow? Surely I should be able to do it but a great penalty.

Varrak said:
kalarhan said:
what the game has is the of construction of a pre-selected model in some locations (like villages)

That still counts tho. I don't understand why TW guy didn't mention about it, i hope TW didn't rip this feature out. I loved the capability of building castles in villages.

he did. He even mentioned a example of building a fort with wood and eventually upgrading it to stone walls.

You will "build" castles in-game, it's just that they will all be presets. You won't actually design them, Just click on a button that says "upgrade castle" and wait some time for it to happen, then see the preset scene take over the previous one.

For designing actual castles you'll need to build the scenes with the modding tool, then import the assets into the game as a mod.

kalarhan said:
he did. He even mentioned a example of building a fort with wood...
Did he? I checked same dialogue again and he only talked about "what can you do in cities, when you own them, you can do buildings in them, and you can also upgrade the defences etc, for example you have wooden walls but then upgrade them to stone walls".

He didn't mention on building castles in villages. If he did, can you give the timeline in the video?

Varrak said:
kalarhan said:
Did he? I checked same dialogue again and he only talked about "what can you do in cities, when you own them, you can do buildings in them, and you can also upgrade the defences etc, for example you have wooden walls but then upgrade them to stone walls".

He didn't mention on building castles in villages. If he did, can you give the timeline in the video?

I guess kalarhan is in denial phase :razz: He doesn't even think that they would scrap that feature :smile: Me neither, although I can see villages turning into castles be a problem later in the game, especially with dynasties they must aim for a long long play time.

Varrak said:
kalarhan said:

That was already confirmed in previous devblog and I think that in the gamescom of 2016

JuanNieve said:
That was already confirmed in previous devblog and I think that in the gamescom of 2016

Correct, that is why i am wondering why he wouldn't mention of this feature when he asked/talked about if players will be able to build castles. I hope they didn't scrap it out.

Tabitan yes, it would be harder to advance on territory in end-game. But this would also be realistic, wouldn't be? Armağan said that "If you lag behind other factions, game will be harder for you". Castles in villages are also one of these things. If other factions are richer than us, they will turn villages into castles faster than us, and they will have more amount of property to be siezed than ours, which will put us at risk. And i loved that risk :grin:

Varrak said:
Correct, that is why i am wondering why he wouldn't mention of this feature when he asked/talked about if players will be able to build castles. I hope they didn't scrap it out.

you guys are missing the context here.

1 - the interviewer was like: it would be sooo cool to play minecraft and make my dream fantasy castle

2 - the dev was: nonono, you cant do that as a player, but you can use all this cool dev tools as a modder. Players can do fun things like start from simple forts and upgrade them to stone walls, but they are limited to pre-made castles.

3- people in this thread: omg so we cant build castles in villages anymore!?!

how did you go from 2 to 3?

Kalarhan, you went from 2 to 3.

First you said that "he talked about building forts with woods"

Now you are saying this "they were talking about minecraft like building, so there is no reason for him to talk about building forts in villages"

Please.

I have read in some forums that the game is 1/3 of development  and i think they're misunderstanding Armagan's words. Because he talked about polishing and finishing somethings in the mid and late game. It's not that they're newly going to start developing those parts

couched lance  :grin: :???:

CaptainLee said:
John C said:
CaptainLee said:
[...] (do I really need a skill to be able to rewind some crossbows on horseback?)[...]

If you want to move the horse at all, yes absolutely.

Because my foot would be off the accelerator...? Is it any different from loosing an arrow? Surely I should be able to do it but a great penalty.

I just meant that in principle it does take skill to guide a horse with your legs only, while using both hands to reload a crossbow at the same time.

But you're right, that doesn't mean that a skill for this is really necessary for the character system.

Can anyone explain what sense there is in a perk for raising morale in the One Handed weapons section?

Varrak said:
First you said that "he talked about building forts with woods"

what? Lets review this crazy discussion  :razz:

@Varrak asks https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,378752.msg9019718.html#msg9019718

I didn't understand "building castle" discussion. TW guy argued on that castles can be made in editor and not in the game, and we will only be able to "upgrade" the castle. This is a wrong information, isn't it? Don't we have the ability of building castles in villages? So in fact, there is a building castle feature in the game. Not in wherever we want, but in villages we own. It still counts tho.

this is the point where you were confused. Interviewer was talking about one thingy, dev explained that is was not like that (minecraft), altho there is the possiblity of using dev tools to custom design your castle.

Hope that should be clear now.

TW dev talked about the ability of upgrading walls when he asked like if the interviewer will be able to build castles when he likes one hill to build on, and then name the castle after him. He answered that is not possible and building castles via modding tools is possible but such thing not possible ingame mechanics. You also said that he talked about building wooden castles where he didnt (or i missed it and still waiting for you to point the timeline in the video, so we other members can also watch it)

This is where confusion comes from, that there is a building castle mechanics in the game (or was, if they ripped that feature out) in villages. I don't see the reason why he would mention upgrading walls and not mention bulding castles when he asked about the ability of building castles.

also, whilst i dont know how progressed it will be. but i assume we will be able to make a refuge that can be fortified like in VK. so to an extent yes, we can build a "fort" whether that will become a castle from what the devs said. it will not

Everything cool. Only the icons for Sturgia did not go very well. They are beautiful, but too similar to the Norwegian ones. Although Sturgia prototype of Gardariki - Kievan Rus.

Rainbow Dash said:
Can anyone explain what sense there is in a perk for raising morale in the One Handed weapons section?

Maybe it has something to do with how well you twirl your weapon whilst giving commands?, Or maybe something.... else :fruity:?

In all seriousness I'm not sure and I can't really think of anything. It seems more well suited under a different category (Charm maybe?, which I'm guessing is a merge of Leadership, Prisoner management, and persuasion. It could also fit under strategy I guess).

Also cause people keep asking for it, in the video they start talking about upgrading castles near the end (~24:40 if I had to timestamp it).
To be exact their taking about upgrading the walls from wooden walls into stone walls.

E15VFaO.jpg

Right here we see Atrium Castle quite far away from it's village. We previously knew that there were four slots around a village to build different things. I assumed a castle would be right next to the village like the other developments. In fact I remember seeing it like that.

As we understood it, villages and castle were now merged and were no longer separate entities. It seems it's changed now. Does the old system still apply? Please can someone visiting Gamescom clarify this.

Back
Top Bottom