Author Topic: [SUBMOD] - 1257AD Reloaded v1.6  (Read 14547 times)

KratosMKII

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
[SUBMOD] - 1257AD Reloaded v1.6
« on: August 18, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »
THIS SUBMOD HAS CEASED DEVELOPMENT. GO TO THE NEW MOD PAGE.

Features:
Custom Troop Trees
KAOS Political KIT (Start as King, Prince or Vassal). Player receive money (random) and equipment. Quantity and quality depends on the player ranking. Different countries receive different equipment.
Troop ration bar in battles (RUBIK)
Player can inspect troop equipment
Can give troop orders to switch to additional weapon types (Caba`drin)                             
Bodyguards in scenes (Caba`drin)                         
Player actions in sieges and raids (Caba`drin)
Calvary that loses their horses become infantry (Caba`drin). Additionally, cavalry is automatically assigned to infantry during sieges.                 
Archers that run out of ammo are re-assigned to troop type 5 (Caba`drin code with minor edit)                 
Indictment spiral fix (ZSAR)                       
Changed kingdom's culture (you couldn't before, just the religion)
Translated troop and party names fully (lords still have original names)                       
Balanced troop stats 
Increased bolt quiver capacity to 40-45       
Player receives troops if noble start selected                 
Factions will spawn scouts, patrols, foragers, war parties, mercenary companies. The number depend on the amount of towns or/and castles they have.
New party spawns: rogue mercenary companies, fugitive serfs and rebels (beefed up peasant rebels)
Faction resurrection implemented
Player can kill prisoners, excluding lords
NPC lords will train their parties daily with trainer skill just like player does
Always choose side when joining battles
Post-battle kill count (v1.2)
Game menus to change various things like party sizes and merchant respawn rates and item count (v1.3)
Player gains renown if he kills enough enemies in a battle (every 5 kills = +1 renown) (v1.3)
New visit camp feature (v1.3)
New textures for female faces (no more ugly women!) (v1.3)
Fully translated party and troop names  (v1.4)
Added bounty quests to tavern keepers. The fugitives and the gold reward are random and based on archetypes (knights, pirates, deserters, etc). (v1.4)

Bugfixes:
Fixed manor bug (copies of player scattered across the place)
Fixed some troop name misspellings
Fixed Venice having Iberian culture instead of Italian (v1.3)
Fixed some troops being incorrectly assigned to horse archer/archer category at game start. (v1.3+)
Fixed bug where player couldn't recruit troops from fief is his relation was 0 or less (now it's -5). (v1.4)
Fixed village recruitment menu informing that special mercs have headquarters there. (v1.4)

Current issues:
Tavern recruitment is bugged Removed for now
Changing your culture through companion minister is bugged (i think i fixed it) FIXED on v1.1
Battles on the map are bugged (they're SLOW, i think i fixed it but no time to test) FIXED on v1.1
Previous button to banner choose presentation is somewhat bugged (if you click previous on the start screen it shows other things than flags) Removed for now
Veteran and elite merc variants still use the lower tier armor. I will change this later since it's save compatible.
Check prisoner equipment is bugged.                           
Troop tree is broken (not necessarily, just that it only display 1 line of troops, and 1257AD has 2-3 for each faction Removed for now

You're going to need the base 1257AD 1.13 version installed in your modules folder. The reason for this is because only the source from 1257AD is open source, do i cannot redistribute the assets around. Just extract the contents of the archive into the 1257AD folder and replace if prompted.

Report bugs and suggestions here in the thread.

(the description in the links below is outdated)
Download Nexus
Download Moddb

Changelog
(click to show/hide)

To do list
(Note that those things aren't guaranteed. I will see if i can add them with my current ability)
(click to show/hide)

Pics (Go check the Nexus link)

CREDITS:
1257AD team for the base mod
Me for putting all these stuff together and bugfixing it
Lazeras for KAOS Political KIT OSP
Caba`drin from Taleworlds forum (several OS code pieces)
´╗┐RUBIK for troop ration bar
ZSAR for Indictment spiral fix
Other people at Taleworlds forum for helping me fix some bugs

Vaegir Luchnik

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
Re: [SUBMOD] - 1257AD Reloaded v1.0
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »
Never played much 1257 AD, but will definitely try this out. Nice to see you are improving this older mod tho, stuff like this is why I love the modding community of MB. If you want, I can leave some feedback after I played it a bit.

KratosMKII

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 05:32:20 PM »
Never played much 1257 AD, but will definitely try this out. Nice to see you are improving this older mod tho, stuff like this is why I love the modding community of MB. If you want, I can leave some feedback after I played it a bit.
Thank you. Please do that if possible.

Vaegir Luchnik

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »
Thank you. Please do that if possible.
So here's the first few bugs I can confirm for you:
(click to show/hide)

I also found one bug, in the manor of one of the French towns (Can't remember which one exactly) where I couldn't walk around into the small keep, couldn't go through a door that lead to some stairs. But overall the mod is great, having a bunch of fun as a mercenary in the holy land.

KratosMKII

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 01:42:58 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Fixed the battle bug in new version. I'm look at the others and see what i can do.

Vaegir Luchnik

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 05:49:41 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Fixed the battle bug in new version. I'm look at the others and see what i can do.
Good to hear, if you please, could you give some detail on what will be in the new version next to bugfixes? Are there any new feature or items planned? Whatever you do, thanks a bunch for this module and good luck!

KratosMKII

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 08:09:54 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Good to hear, if you please, could you give some detail on what will be in the new version next to bugfixes? Are there any new feature or items planned? Whatever you do, thanks a bunch for this module and good luck!
Added to first post as To do list.

Siegfried_von_Weissberg

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: [SUBMOD] - 1257AD Reloaded v1.2
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 03:23:31 PM »
This is probably the best submod of 1257AD. Thank you for that, but i have got some suggestions nad bugs, which I want to report.

Bugs:
1. Prisoner dialog is broken. If you speak to some lord and after that to a prisoner (regular troop), he would have the same dialog as the captured lord has. If you choose the free option, the game will crash.
2. If you play as the Kaiser of HRE, you will have capital in Nuremberg, not in Frankfurt. This is probably connected with parties.txt file. Frankfurt is the third german town (6_3) not the first (6_1).
3. Faction ressuraction may result in establishing the second kingdom of the same name, if you are a king.

Suggestions:
1. Latin Empire should be catholic. I don't know why the authors made it orthodox.
2. Lithuania and Halich should be catholic as well. Mendog was baptised in 1251. Daniel 1 was coronated by Pope's legate in 1253
3. Strasburg should definitely be in the other place. I know that some other towns/castles/villages ares misplaced as well, but Strasburg is the north Italy beats everything.

PS: If I have written something, which cannot be understand, do not hesitate to ask. English is not my first language and I don't use it frequently

KratosMKII

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 06:53:27 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Ok i will look at the bugs.

About the suggestions:
1 and 2: a period of 4-6 years isn't enough to convert the entire population. I think the devs took this into account when deciding the religion.
3: That's probably because there's a wide gap between the HRE and the Italy city states. if i'm not mistaken the AI has problems with wars far away. They probably placed it there to prevent this kind of issue. Sorta to "connect" them so that they can declare war at each other more easily.

Skuadak

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: cannonfodder
  • WB
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »
Never too much 1257  I guess  :iamamoron:
I'll check this out for sure and report issues
(click to show/hide)

bunkorder

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: [SUBMOD] - 1257AD Reloaded v1.3
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 02:14:32 AM »
I'm happy someone is taking up the open source. This is the best Warband mod and it deserves to be updated. I thought they had waited too long to release the source code for any modder to care, but looks like at least 1 person did. I hope more people join in to help, because an updated version of the mod (based on open source, not used without permission) using the scripts that have been developed in the recent years would be huge.

Granted, you literally just released this mod, but I already have a feature request.

Is there any chance of adding a couple of cities and castles to the central-eastern portion of the map? There is a huge barren wasteland in the caucasus mountains that can be meaningfully used, either to add another small faction (kingdom of georgia) or just split it up between the golden horde and ilkhanate. It would make it a strategic region instead of just a blank space. I love the detail of the map and this one area always bothered me.

as a side note, I'd recommend posting about this mod in other communities (M&B subreddit, for example) because it's hard to believe many people can find it when it's tucked away in "the cellar".
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 02:24:28 AM by bunkorder »

KratosMKII

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 10:35:03 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Thanks for the suggestions. About the Caucasus region void, i don't know if the game would be able to handle another faction and all the things that come with it. Also, i would need lots of information on the Georgians so that i could make their fiefs and troop trees. And i just posted about the submod on reddit so now maybe it gets more attention and this will help with polishing and bugfixing.

bunkorder

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 09:41:14 PM »
Sure, I figure adding new factions is not the first priority. I think you can get away with using the Christian Anatolian troop tree for a start. It looks similar enough that you don't have to make a whole new culture for them. Here's a reference for settlement placement
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Georgia#/media/File:Caucasus_1245_AD_map_de.png

The political situation is not straight forward. Georgia was a vassal state to the mongols (like Novgorod) and contributed soldiers to the mongol armies, but there were attempted revolts at the time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_VII_of_Georgia

Though it seems that, in 1257 specifically, Georgia was a compliant vassal state. So you could even get away with putting Ilkhanate settlements there, though it'd be more fun if there was a smaller faction there that eventually revolts.

As far as reddit posting, I encourage you to post every time you release a new version, with a changelog and screenshots and such. there's a couple of modders doing the same with their projects.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 09:43:18 PM by bunkorder »

Darnaran

• Regular
  • Busy changing Floris names to english.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Boris_Borisov
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 05:49:09 AM »
Yes! Finally someone to fix this holy mess that is 1257... You will be revered a god if you fix the satan that is javelins.

DrTomas

• Smelly Noble and A Peasant
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 10:27:33 AM »
Look at this sticky topic!
Being an alcoholic is historically correct.