[BCM] Group Stage Results - BLUE DIVISION

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion said:
If one team has 7, then the other team should have 7....
It's possible for a player to drop unexpectedly after a match has started, reducing a team to 7 players. If that player cannot rejoin before the start of the next round and the team doesn't have another player ready to take their place, then their opponent must sit a player to make the next round after the drop start 7vs7.

This is a stupid rule and should be changed, it has not been the rule used in competitive EU since I've played at least, it was in NA for a period but stopped there also. It's also wildly open to abuse - say I have a team of 6 good players and 2 who are filling, and I'm up against a team of 8 good players. It is in my interest to therefore try to force a 7v7.

I know we've all signed up to the rules but I feel fairly confident most did not read this rule as you have interpreted it, even though looking back it's clear.

Orion said:
Kiano said:
Maybe I should rephrase. In Thorin's case, the other team is the team that had 8. If one team has 8 players, they shouldn't be obligated to match another which has 7 right?

If teams must mach at the beginning of each round, does that mean if a team drops a player, the other team isn't obligated to drop a player that round, but must drop a player the next round to ensure team numbers match at the beginning of the next round?
The rule of thumb is that teams must always start rounds, sets, and matches with the same number of players. If one team has 8, the other team should have 8. If one team has 7, then the other team should have 7.

Specifically, matches must start 8vs8. It's possible for a player to drop unexpectedly after a match has started, reducing a team to 7 players. If that player cannot rejoin before the start of the next round and the team doesn't have another player ready to take their place, then their opponent must sit a player to make the next round after the drop start 7vs7. A team with 6 or fewer players at the start of a round will forfeit the rest of the set, and gets a minimum of 5 minutes to find a 7th player to continue playing. If they can't get back to minimum 7 players, then the rest of the match can be claimed by their opponent as default.

The administration will consult with the referee who was present and review match logs to decide what will be done in the case of Gardas vs. TCB.

I cannot think of any way this is anything but a bad rule.

I assume the thinking behind it is that if a player drops it is usually for reasons beyond their control and their team should not suffer because of it. However forcing the other team to suddenly choose a player to drop is componding, not resolving, the problem.

Also not all drops are accidental, this allows another way of gaming the system.

What has World come to, I actually agree with OGL...

In addition to what these two have posted, have in mind that this tournament has pretty nice Prize pool and when that is at stake some people tend to push rules all the way to the limit. So I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we were to see "sudden disconnections" on the teams that are not doing well in matches.

Exactly, it's an 8v8 tournament, why would we even think of benefiting the team that does not gather the said amount of players. I also agree with OGL(oof) that nobody could've expected this kinda rule to be written down as competitive warband is not played this kinda weird way. I also understand that signing up to the tournament we are obliged to read the rules, which seems to be a problem in this case, but it may be the last moment to change anything in the rules, since we are still in qualifiers.

+for erminas, this **** is abusable

While I perfectly understand the issue raised (and actually agree with it being rather problematic and abusable), best would be to discuss this in the appropriate topic here, so we let this thread clear of any off-topic discussions and this regardless of their actual relevance regarding the tournament's future.

Thanks in advance!

Group:GROUP II
Round:ROUND II
Date & Time:24.08.2018  22.30-23.30
Server:BCM_DE1
Teams involved: Friendship Ends Gardaşlık Never vs Polska Sila
Result: GARDAS 8-7 KoH

Screenshots:
Map A Set 1:
NwzStW.jpg

Map A Set 2:
tvmWtY.jpg

Map B Set 1:
5zhsjv.jpg

Map B Set 2:
68Zf2W.jpg

Printed IDs:
dmfbz5.jpg

EnverPasa said:
Orion said:
Habrak said:
Group: ONE
Round: ONE
Date & Time: Began around 19:30bst 24.08.2018
Server: BCMastersOasisDE4
Teams involved: Knights of Malta vs Fallen Pride 2
Result: 12 - 0

Screenshots:
Map A Set 1:
42NMffR.jpg

Map A Set 2:
FYSfVS8.jpg

Map B Set 1:
bo6cDwq.jpg

Map B Set 2:
ajp6cCC.jpg

Printed IDs:
9uknZQ7.jpg

Approved spectator list:
Impheatus
Virus
Player names and IDs verified.
Warnings:
FP2_MiStChEmFeN is an unacceptable variation of the name FP2_Moustache which is listed on the roster.
FP2_Feodras is an unacceptable variation of the name FP2_EnverPasa which is listed on the roster.

Flaviuss said:
TEAM: Fallen Pride 2
ADDITION:
Feodras2915278
REMOVAL:
AchillesID

We have not played yet, and this is the emergency sub
??
Sorry, this was my oversight, I copied the wrong name to the roster. FP2_Feodras was correctly registered.
Warning removed.

Thorin said:
Please someones update scores.

If you can not see the screenshots of the naked eye you can confirm our rival.
We can see your images now and the links are working. Thanks for hosting them on a different site. Score update will follow soon.
370d3d0154d1b3480345b6c6d39902c6.jpg

Thorin said:
Group:GROUP II
Round:ROUND II
Date & Time:24.08.2018  22.30-23.30
Server:BCM_DE1
Teams involved: Friendship Ends Gardaşlık Never vs Polska Sila
Result: GARDAS 8-7 KoH

Screenshots:
Map A Set 1:
NwzStW.jpg

Map A Set 2:
tvmWtY.jpg

Map B Set 1:
5zhsjv.jpg

Map B Set 2:
68Zf2W.jpg

Printed IDs:
dmfbz5.jpg
Player names and IDs verified!

The screenshot of Map B Set 1 is identically equal to the one of Map B Set 2. Please provide a screenshot for Map B Set 2.

Group: II
Round: 1
Date & Time: 26.08.2018
Server: BCMasters_CCC_FR1
Teams involved: The Cacahuète Brotherhood vs Blackened
Result: 0 - 12

Screenshots:
Map A Set 1:

Map A Set 2:

Map B Set 1:

Map B Set 2:

Printed IDs: I forgot to take ss of IDs sorry

Approved spectator list:

Group I, Round 4:

bullez said:
Blackkingdom gave Knights of Malta default win.
He can confirm if needed.

20180826203823_1.jpg

Blackkingdom please confirm or object.

Aleksey said:
Group: II
Round: 1
Date & Time: 26.08.2018
Server: BCMasters_CCC_FR1
Teams involved: The Cacahuète Brotherhood vs Blackened
Result: 0 - 12

Player names and IDs verified!

Polska Sila conceded Back 2 Main Menu default win.

https://i.hizliresim.com/OD5k3Q.jpg

https://i.hizliresim.com/NDd35O.png

Group: I
Round: Round 3
Date & Time: 27/08, 19:30
Server: BCMasters_Oasis_DE_4
Teams involved: Knights of Malta vs The Senate
Result: Malta 12 - 0 Senate

Screenshots:
Map A Set 1:
AZjW1vB.jpg

Map A Set 2:
5m3O8YK.jpg

Map B Set 1:
b290b75394b548269cb83cf3726e380f.jpg

Map B Set 2:
TL88rgY.jpg

Printed IDs:
JiE8Rf1.jpg

Approved spectator list: CardboardBox, PuffTheDragon

Scepionly said:
Polska Sila conceded Back 2 Main Menu default win.

https://i.hizliresim.com/OD5k3Q.jpg

https://i.hizliresim.com/NDd35O.png
Done.

Gibby Jr said:
Group: I
Round: Round 3
Date & Time: 27/08, 19:30
Server: BCMasters_Oasis_DE_4
Teams involved: Knights of Malta vs The Senate
Result: Malta 12 - 0 Senate

Screenshots: