AI

Users who are viewing this thread

jose1996

Recruit
Does anyone know how to "trigger" certain armies to use formations. I know that AI lord's armies use the formations, but bandits, caravans, patrols ect. do not. If there is a way to set bandits to use the formations that would be great

The short answer to your question is - Sure!
If you have the right editing tools, and know how to use them, you can change anything.
This is a game, after all, governed by a bunch of zeros and ones in your computer's memory.
But, why bother?

The AI Lords lead troops trained to use formations, and have a cadre of officers and noncoms to help keep them in formation.
The parties you are talking about do not.
[Well, Patrols and Deserters, maybe ... but they lack the cadre and discipline to maintain any organized formation.]
They are rabble, and should behave like rabble.  Which they currently do.

I cannot help you to achieve your stated or implied goals.
It would be ... historically inaccurate.

Please try to enjoy the mod as is.

DARoot

jose1996 said:
Does anyone know how to "trigger" certain armies to use formations. I know that AI lord's armies use the formations, but bandits, caravans, patrols ect. do not. If there is a way to set bandits to use the formations that would be great

Lol. I wish lords used formations in this mod.

Tasty Leaf said:
jose1996 said:

Lol. I wish lords used formations in this mod.
well they do more so than bandits that run in a B line straight for you in a huge blob

Hemiola said:
The short answer to your question is - Sure!
If you have the right editing tools, and know how to use them, you can change anything.
This is a game, after all, governed by a bunch of zeros and ones in your computer's memory.
But, why bother?

The AI Lords lead troops trained to use formations, and have a cadre of officers and noncoms to help keep them in formation.
The parties you are talking about do not.
[Well, Patrols and Deserters, maybe ... but they lack the cadre and discipline to maintain any organized formation.]
They are rabble, and should behave like rabble.  Which they currently do.

I cannot help you to achieve your stated or implied goals.
It would be ... historically inaccurate.

Please try to enjoy the mod as is.

DARoot
I wouldn't ask if I didn't have a bit of modding experience. I'm already re-working all of the bandits to be sort of like a militia force and be in large party numbers so the player can fight something in times of peace (which unfortunately there is a lot of). It's a great mod as is, but can be simply improved. I was asking about formation AI so the bandits don't suck so much and battles would look more cinematic

Back
Top Bottom