[BCM] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

The tournament starts in 30 minutes. You can begin scheduling matches now if you wish. Every team has four matches total and one bye. Teams should play two matches a week (however you can play all four this weekend if all teams agree). You can play the fixtures in any order you want as long as you get all FOUR matches done by Wednesday August 29th.

Make sure you read the announcement Orion made regarding qualifier scheduling and rules: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,378279.msg9016509.html#msg9016509

The big one to pay attention to is:

Orion said:
§ 6 Scheduling
(3) During the Qualifiers, teams are expected to play two matches per week. If a team fails to play two matches within a week (measured incrementally from the beginning date of the qualifiers) then they must provide evidence of a good-faith attempt to schedule their match. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the match. Any match that remains unplayed at the end of the qualifiers will be considered forfeit by one or both teams (depending on aforementioned attempts to schedule).

Since I was just asked you need to play these matches on official BCM servers. We have 11 of them up. Please post when the matches are happening in the Server Booking Thread.

Calamity said:
Airelhach said:
NL servers are laggy as hell. We had our first BCM match played today on NL_4 and I was literally flying all over the map most of the time.

Noted, is it just you or were multiple people having issues?
i guess most of us had the same thingy. at least i definetly heard multiple times my teammates complaining about the server.
OurGloriousLeader said:
The TW NL servers always have this issue because they're never restarted.
probably cuz of this, maybe tw should consider restarting or rehosting them asap.

Taleworlds kindly provided new servers in France and UK. We hope this will help to solve the server issues which some players reported above.

» NETHERLANDS hosted by Taleworlds
  • BCMasters_TW_NL_1
  • BCMasters_TW_NL_2
» UNITED KINGDOM hosted by Taleworlds
  • BCMasters_TW_UK_1
» GERMANY hosted by LordMetzger
  • BCMasters_DE1
  • BCMasters_DE2
  • BCMasters_DE3
» GERMANY hosted by Oasis Hosting
  • BCMasters_Oasis_DE4
» FRANCE hosted by Cheshire Cats Clan
  • BCMasters_CCC_FR1
  • BCMasters_CCC_FR2
  • BCMasters_CCC_FR3
» FRANCE hosted by Taleworlds
  • BCMasters_TW_FR_4
  • BCMasters_TW_FR_5

Aleksey said:
I believe if a player banned due to found cheating, evidence of cheating should be publicly posted on the forum.

see Taleworlds Forum Rules

Archonsod said:
Privacy and data protection
Personal Messages (PMs) sent between forum users, and chat logs from external private messaging systems or emails, are considered private discussion. Conversations held via these communication channels should not be posted on the forum for public viewing. Similarly, posting of personal information or images of users obtained through Facebook, Twitter or any other form of social media is strictly prohibited. Everybody is entitled to their privacy, and should not have to be concerned with their personal details being ‘leaked’ on this forum. IP addresses are also considered personal information when tied to a specific user. Posting chat logs/emails/PMs/IPs or images of others without express written permission from all parties involved will result in any offending data being removed and the user responsible being punished according to the severity of their transgressions.

imemine said:
Aleksey said:
I believe if a player banned due to found cheating, evidence of cheating should be publicly posted on the forum.

see Taleworlds Forum Rules

Archonsod said:
Privacy and data protection
Personal Messages (PMs) sent between forum users, and chat logs from external private messaging systems or emails, are considered private discussion. Conversations held via these communication channels should not be posted on the forum for public viewing. Similarly, posting of personal information or images of users obtained through Facebook, Twitter or any other form of social media is strictly prohibited. Everybody is entitled to their privacy, and should not have to be concerned with their personal details being ‘leaked’ on this forum. IP addresses are also considered personal information when tied to a specific user. Posting chat logs/emails/PMs/IPs or images of others without express written permission from all parties involved will result in any offending data being removed and the user responsible being punished according to the severity of their transgressions.

So it's basically you can force me to publish my screen for posting result of a match which is here
Aleksey said:
Group: II
Round: 4
Date & Time: 19.08.2018 19.30BST
Server: BCMasters_De_1
Teams involved: Polska Sila vs Blackened
Result: Polska Sila 0 - 12 Blackened

Screenshots:
Map A Set 1:

Map A Set 2:

Map B Set 1:

Map B Set 2:

Printed IDs:

But when it comes to cheating it is about privacy to publish their screen ?

Aleksey said:
So it's basically you can force me to publish my screen for posting result of a match which is here
Aleksey said:
Group: II
Round: 4
Date & Time: 19.08.2018 19.30BST
Server: BCMasters_De_1
Teams involved: Polska Sila vs Blackened
Result: Polska Sila 0 - 12 Blackened

Screenshots:
Map A Set 1:

Map A Set 2:

Map B Set 1:

Map B Set 2:

Printed IDs:

But when it comes to cheating it is about privacy to publish their screen ?

No, and yes.
We can't force you to publish your screenshots. However, when players signed up for the tournament they agreed to comply with the rules asking for such screenshots and it is in line with the TW forum rules to publish your own private data in the forum. TW forum rules only prohibit the leaking of personal details of one user by another user.
Therefore, as long as the TW forum users who were found cheating do not give us their written permission it is not allowed to publish the evidence of cheating since it contains critical information concerning their privacy.

Well rules are basically forcing me to publish my screen without my will. The other option for me to do is not playing. I'm not against posting screenshots but there is a hypocrisy here. Also I really can't understand how a ingame screen breaches privacy. What can be so important to count as private to that person?

Aleksey said:
Well rules are basically forcing me to publish my screen without my will. The other option for me to do is not playing. I'm not against posting screenshots but there is a hypocrisy here. Also I really can't understand how a ingame screen breaches privacy. What can be so important to count as private to that person?
Unfortunately, we don't get to decide what is and isn't private in this debate. Legislation like GDPR has defined things like that, and we just have to comply. However, there is no hypocrisy in this case. By signing up to the tournament, it is understood that you read & agreed to play by the rules. You are not forced to post screenshots in the sense that you were not forced to sign up for the tournament. If you signed up for the tournament then you implicitly agreed to post in-game screenshots, and if you don't do so then you have failed to follow the rules which you agreed upon. In that case, we still can't force you to post your screenshots, but we have provisions in the rules for dealing with that. Either a referee can take screenshots on your behalf in your matches, or you can get your opponent to post screenshots instead, or you can accept the risk that your results may not be accepted because they are not verified with screenshots. You can keep your screenshots to yourself if you want, but since you agreed to share them by signing up then there are consequences if you choose not to.

Hi
I have a question about the rule. What if two teams can not decide the question at what time to play?

For example, one team can not play later than 18 bst. And the other team before 18 bst. How to solve this issue?
For example, on a day off

There is a situation that some of the players live further than Europe, and they can not play at that time. For them it's already night. And for another team this is a comfortable match, which they play when they come home in the evening. If you try to agree, they allude to the fact that they will never have a weekend and they will never play before 19 BST

Is it possible to solve this issue to make it convenient for both teams, or do I always need to play as comfortable for Europeans, after 19 00 BST?

On the day off, we offer 18 BST.

@Jurgen:
Orion said:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

MATCH SCHEDULING
Teams are allowed to play their matches (posted in their respective division threads) in any order. Teams are not required to announce when their match will take place, but are required to post their results in the appropriate division thread. It is strongly recommended that teams announce their matches beforehand in the Servers & Booking thread.

Please keep evidence of your attempts to schedule your matches. Teams which have not played 2 matches by midnight BST of Wednesday, 22nd August, 2018 will be reviewed by the administration. If a team is found to have been negligent in scheduling their matches (which is to say, their opponent made an effort to schedule a match with them but no response was given) then they risk forfeiture of the match. This will be decided on a case-by-case basis & both teams will be contacted before any decision is made. The administration is aware of the religious holiday in Turkey which begins this coming Monday.

Any matches which are not played by the end of the qualifiers will be forfeit by one or both teams, depending on attempts made to schedule.

Back
Top Bottom