[BCM] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Apollo~ said:
๖Kern said:
TW offered 10 BL copies for each of the first 2 teams.
So maybe there should be a poll to see if teams would be fine with receiving 10 copies for 12 or 14 or idk how many players. I think the cap should be removed, and if a team really wants 1 copy for each player in case they win, they don't need to sign up more than 10 people.

so wheres the bad thing having 10 active players (considering the actual tournament where you have to play on set days is literally one weekend) over having 20 man rosters where half of them are just in it for a meme?

Getting 10 active players is a bit of a struggle during the summer if I'm honest, holidays and other plans get in the way more often than not :/

Rosslington said:
Apollo~ said:
Will you guys be randomly selecting people to use Moss or will it be enforced on all people (didn't read all the stuff, if its written somewhere sry)

ALSO if people were asked to use Moss/Record in the WSC and failed to do so and got banned will they be excluded from this tournament?
Moss will be required for suspected cheaters only and they will be contacted individually, privately. Previous tournament standings will be taken into account, but we have yet to exclude anyone from the tournament.

In terms of random player selections required to use Moss, I will bring it up with the admin team as I personally like the idea of randomly selecting players to use Moss.

Moss gives a lot of unnecessary info to the person inspecting it and that info could potentially identify the real person. Not everyone is OK with that and for some players there is a risk of real harm.

If you going to require that players take this risk then it should be stated upfront before the teams are made.  Also the Moss files should be treated with respect and seen by the fewest possible and named people, have you made public who would have access to the files?

Aeronwen said:
Rosslington said:
Apollo~ said:
Will you guys be randomly selecting people to use Moss or will it be enforced on all people (didn't read all the stuff, if its written somewhere sry)

ALSO if people were asked to use Moss/Record in the WSC and failed to do so and got banned will they be excluded from this tournament?
Moss will be required for suspected cheaters only and they will be contacted individually, privately. Previous tournament standings will be taken into account, but we have yet to exclude anyone from the tournament.

In terms of random player selections required to use Moss, I will bring it up with the admin team as I personally like the idea of randomly selecting players to use Moss.

Moss gives a lot of unnecessary info to the person inspecting it and that info could potentially identify the real person. Not everyone is OK with that and for some players there is a risk of real harm.

If you going to require that players take this risk then it should be stated upfront before the teams are made.  Also the Moss files should be treated with respect and seen by the fewest possible and named people, have you made public who would have access to the files?

Only Rosslington & Wolflo will have access to the data. Naturally, they will treat all files with respect and care. We do not intend to share information on who may have to use MOSS because we do not want to discredit people purely because they are under suspicion (rather than guilty). However, the potential application of MOSS for teams and players was made quite clear from the get-go within the rules of the competition and anybody signing up should be aware of that.  Rule § 2 Cheating & MOSS: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,378288.0.html

Why only MOSS and not recording from desktop launching until end match for a private video? MOSS potentially reveals private information and I'm sure the people viewing it are trustworthy but they're not obligated to keep anything personal, there is no consequence if they don't. Adding more than one way is good, especially if you're going to be randomly selecting people after sign ups because not everyone will trust the programme or the good will of strangers on the Internet.

MyrmidonAchilles said:
Why only MOSS and not recording from desktop launching until end match for a private video? MOSS potentially reveals private information and I'm sure the people viewing it are trustworthy but they're not obligated to keep anything personal, there is no consequence if they don't. Adding more than one way is good, especially if you're going to be randomly selecting people after sign ups because not everyone will trust the programme or the good will of strangers on the Internet.
Recording with programs such as OBS still allows cheaters to hide their cheats, so I doubt that would make anything better.

Also as long as you don't tab out of the game whilst using MOSS, there is no risk of private stuff being leaked.

We've been through this and it's not just tabbing out, it can take screenshots before you load warband as you start the application first and after you've closed warband when you need to stop the application. You can't say 'If you don't tab out there's no risk' but there's a risk of tabbing out by mistake. There's no risk of hitting pedestrians if you drive well but there's a risk your car could have a mechanical fault and cause you to hit the pedestrians. In this case, your information would be kept private if you don't tab out, but if you do then it could take a screenshot of your private information, you wont upload, you get banned from the tournament. You've got to think about ALL scenarios, not just one.

Personal details could be anything, we're not talking about placing your bank details on your notes. I could have phone numbers, email addresses on my notes etc, no one stores numbers/email addresses on a random text file somewhere.

I don't really see the problem with tabbing out, just don't have something like your facebook? or someone said banking like wtf why would you even be doing this in a match, when you are supposed to be fully focused.
Even if you are benching, there is no point in a match where I am even looking at this. Just focus on your game and using the moss for the official matches.

Maybe make the person viewing the Moss someone like Aerweomen (can't spell her name ever), I think she is the most professional in terms of being impartial that i've seen.

*Pls make me use moss so i can watch some random stuff in the background*

This is what an average match if im tabbed out would look like probably, nothing much to see.

rQ1AnFS.png

An example below

OADySOm.png

I purposely scrolled up so it doesn't show people's names that I have on there, but a LOT of people use notes for crap. To someone writing someone's name on their notes means nothing and is considered 'crap' but it's private information that's not crap for other users.

EDIT: Also Apollo thanks for you IP Address

Back
Top Bottom