Remove ship function from lords

Users who are viewing this thread

Bustah

Regular
Trying Viking Conquest again, playing as a Dane. Having every single minor vassal from every single faction in Britain and Ireland magically figuring out how to sail to Denmark and raid my villages is very annoying, especially since they just land in Ribe (bypassing my massive garrison). Why did they even allow non-Norse factions to have ships? Doesn't make any sense.

I understand that Gaels and Picts and Saxons all knew how to build ships - however they were mostly fishing or small transport boats, entirely incapable of crossing the North Sea to Scandinavia. Even if they did exist they were never used for this purpose and we have no examples of it. Not only does giving them ships make it such that one of the main culturally unique features of the Norse is gone, their ability to raid the coast and quickly escape to sea, but that you have ridiculous situations like mine, where Dougall mac Dougall, son of Dougall goes from east Connacht all the way around the Isles and past Scotland, across the North Sea, and begins raiding Skyfa-by with his 20 serfs.

I would like to remove them just for specific kingdoms, because the Northvegr and my lords still need to be able to cross the sea, obviously.

building ships was not a secret  :razz:, the difference is that Norseman would invest heavily on them and have huge fleets (some with 50 to 200 ships). So to transport a small army (100-300 troops) wouldnt be hard for Britain Isles factions.

now on gameplay: visit the modding section. You will need to play with AI to prevent them from targeting a location that would require a ship, besides removing the ability to use ships from short trips. You can find links to download the game source and tutorials there.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom