Kung Fu Fighting

Users who are viewing this thread

Epicspencer

Recruit
I have a series of question regarding unarmed combat.

1) Does having monk as a secondary class actually work for unarmed combat > 3?

2) Does power strike affect unarmed strike damage at all?

3) is there a particular technique on how to punch one’s opponents?

4) does wearing gloves improve the damage? I know it would reduce dodge chances, but improved damage overall might be worth it.

5) Do unarmed attacks work with stealth? If not, that might be a suggestion, but I understand why that might not be wise given the direction unarmed combat seems to be taking.

6) This isn’t a question, but I just wanted to say I’m glad this mod is back. I just reinstalled mount and blade on a whim yesterday and lo and behold, Phantasy Calradia 2018 is a thing that exists. It makes me so happy I’m half tempted to make a mildly memey video expressing my joy.

Epicspencer said:

4) does wearing gloves improve the damage? I know it would reduce dodge chances, but improved damage overall might be worth it.

5) Do unarmed attacks work with stealth? If not, that might be a suggestion, but I understand why that might not be wise given the direction unarmed combat seems to be taking.

6) This isn’t a question, but I just wanted to say I’m glad this mod is back. I just reinstalled mount and blade on a whim yesterday and lo and behold, Phantasy Calradia 2018 is a thing that exists. It makes me so happy I’m half tempted to make a mildly memey video expressing my joy.

I don't know.  Make sure you use this patch  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AVJDD4z_8hVhBhiyZQE9-J-qJ-YdQ5Ln/view?usp=sharing
and otherwise I won't be able to run any tests or make any changes for nearly 2 weeks.  You'll just have to make do until then.
Monk class only exists in v156 and v155 so this is a recent issue.

Well, thank you for letting me know, just be sure to get back to us when you get a chance, because commuting to unarmed combat feels like a risky investment of you don’t know how it/if works.

Epicspencer said:
Well, thank you for letting me know, just be sure to get back to us when you get a chance, because commuting to unarmed combat feels like a risky investment of you don’t know how it/if works.
I haven't tried using unarmed combat because it does not interest me however it wouldn't be hard to test this yourself. Simply set your unarmed skill to max and test the damage. Then set stealth to max and try attacking people from behind. Did you see a difference? Now try that with power strike set at max. My guess is that unarmed attacks do not get a bonus from stealth skill, not sure on power strike

Epicspencer said:

The whole issue at hand is unarmed attacks stopped showing damage initially after removing what I assumed was "normal weapons hit twice", which came from every attack going through two independent  routines, once with {dodge/unarmed /stealth/ironflesh/barbarian rage} and once again with {special weapons/charged staves/direct magic user spells}.  After turning off damage from unarmed and normal weapons at the second routine, the damage for unarmed (which started as 0)  stayed 0.  I then put a procedure to reduce hit points on the target but it cant kill the target, even if hit points go below 0, due to a quirk with how setting hit points works in Warband scripting.  If I told it to do damage as if holding a normal weapon that damage then goes through the dodge trigger again and becomes an infinite loop, and if I make it like it was a special weapon that section loops forever, either one crashing the game.  Instead, the ideal fix is to merge the two sections into one huge trigger to rule them all; originally this was 17 different triggers, all of which fired at every strike under Guspav's system. It now is 2 triggers, and needs to be 1 trigger, to work correctly.  Most likely then unarmed damage can do normal damage again as it did last March, which nicely displayed damage without having to kludge by setting hit points and being unable to kill agents.

Power strike most likely does NOT influence damage.

There is no special technique, but it was observed that simply running into archer class units would inflict unarmed damage (but not running into melee infantry).  You should also be able to kick for unarmed damage, which is I think the e key

Gloves make no difference.  The concept of gloves for open hand was in diplomacy for their open hand damage, but that is turned off.  When working correctly, the open hand damage is on the order of 3-4 times as effective as Diplomacy open hand damage at mid to high levels of skill.

Stealth by definition is a narrow range of weapons and always from behind.  Strictly because of size and weight I internally classed stealth weapons as "martial arts" when displaying the weapon type under camp menu actions page two test of gear, but this was mostly internal naming.  My intention in the future was to allow better in town sneaking with these weapons only, as they were more concealable.

I'll get this working by Friday; I actually have a very large list of family related tasks that aren't related to either mod (Phantasy 2018 or Warsword Conquest), so I wont be able to code today.

Back
Top Bottom