Author Topic: [WSC2] Maps Testing & Opinion Poll  (Read 3053 times)

SirAlecks

• De oppresso liber.
    • Steam - siralecks
    • Twitter - siralecksa3
    • Twitch.tv - siralecksa3
    • YouTube - UC4KDpWvBPvWf1k1o7KxfJ3A
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: FT_SirAlecks
  • WBNWM&B
Re: [WSC2] Maps Testing & Opinion Poll
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2018, 08:18:05 PM »
Put your final thoughts and vote about the suggested maps in this topic or message any of the Admin Staff of the tournament. A decision will be taken between tonight and tomorrow morning.

Apfel

• Knight at Arms
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121865528/
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/
    • Twitch.tv - MoBApfel
    • YouTube - UCqYG7nYw5ikmcCj6cTuIMxg
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: Apfel
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2018, 03:21:48 PM »
I dont know if i post this to late.

Sadly i could only play tannenberg and egiin gol on mm.
Tannenberg looks nice, but i have to say that i couldnt enjoy the gameflow at all. So many heightdifferences on such little space, so many corners you cant see archers behind, so many places cavaly can get trapped instantly. It wasnt fun for me to never exactly know where the enemies and their archers are until they shoot you. Also the dark design of the castle_h probs makes it difficult for to see rhodoks on this, they really are chameleons in these close quarters.

Then i played Egiin gol. The map became better with every time i played it, but i still dislike the horrid walking ways as infantry. Maybe cavsuperstar firunien should think more at the poor infs that have to run a whole minute to the flag while the cav is there in some seconds :wink: I was also annoyed by the height differences at the river, they make you so much slower and make it so much more difficult to push quickly. In addition archers can shoot you the whole time while you are walking as there is only protection on the flags. Also rounds never end quickly, first you wait for the flag and then you walk a minute or wait a minute for the enemy and then you fight, this feels a bit like the slow mercs matches.

Much critism, i know :) as i didnt play the other maps i cant say something about their gameplay, but most of the other maps look a bit fast-made to me and dont look very beautiful, even if some have a cool layout.
respect existence or
expect resistance

KaneMaB

• The one and only.
    • Steam - KaneMaB
    • YouTube - UChWiH6rZnDnYR2Hz3vakUdw
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Kane
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2018, 03:32:55 PM »
Beairteas is the best map out of all of them if you ask me. It was also played on IG, which to my knowledge, was a succes.
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."

Condemned Bas

• Grandmaster Knight
  • magic lance <o/
    • Steam - Ciiges
    • Twitter - Ciiges
    • YouTube - CiigesAKAbas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: FT_Ciiges
  • WB
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »
Beairteas is the best map out of all of them if you ask me. It was also played on IG, which to my knowledge, was a succes.
Your life must be a constant uphill struggle against  stupidity.

Fietta

• buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
  • Count
  • Jonathan Randall
    • Steam - trot888
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Fietta
  • M&BNWWF&SWBVC
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2018, 10:15:49 PM »
good map for IG but nothing else

Firunien

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Firunien_DRaD
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2018, 10:17:45 PM »
I dont know if i post this to late.

Sadly i could only play tannenberg and egiin gol on mm.
Tannenberg looks nice, but i have to say that i couldnt enjoy the gameflow at all. So many heightdifferences on such little space, so many corners you cant see archers behind, so many places cavaly can get trapped instantly. It wasnt fun for me to never exactly know where the enemies and their archers are until they shoot you. Also the dark design of the castle_h probs makes it difficult for to see rhodoks on this, they really are chameleons in these close quarters.

Then i played Egiin gol. The map became better with every time i played it, but i still dislike the horrid walking ways as infantry. Maybe cavsuperstar firunien should think more at the poor infs that have to run a whole minute to the flag while the cav is there in some seconds :wink: I was also annoyed by the height differences at the river, they make you so much slower and make it so much more difficult to push quickly. In addition archers can shoot you the whole time while you are walking as there is only protection on the flags. Also rounds never end quickly, first you wait for the flag and then you walk a minute or wait a minute for the enemy and then you fight, this feels a bit like the slow mercs matches.

Much critism, i know :) as i didnt play the other maps i cant say something about their gameplay, but most of the other maps look a bit fast-made to me and dont look very beautiful, even if some have a cool layout.

I will only adress the stuff about Egiin Gol, because Tannenberg has been deemed an archerhell before. Vertical gameplay was one of the goals of the map, might just elevate archers too much, didnt think about camouflage Rhodoks before :D

About Egiin Gol :

Inf will have a hard time on this map for sure, but i think there is still more cover then on FbtR. This map is designed as a classical open map not a mixed map.
The traveling ways are around 30 seconds(with shield up) from each flag to each other, which should be enough in a match. There is much room for teams to do tactics for avoiding archers if they are coordinated.

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

Menethil

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2018, 10:12:47 AM »
We are playing infantry based maps, we are playing cav based maps. Why not add a archer based map aswell?

๖Kern

• Desires Rhade
  • Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - KvotheSvK
    • View Profile
    • Nothing
  • MP nick: Kern / Eduard
  • WBNW
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2018, 10:31:15 AM »
We are playing infantry based maps, we are playing cav based maps. Why not add a archer based map aswell?

Oh jeez, the end is upon us.

SirAlecks

• De oppresso liber.
    • Steam - siralecks
    • Twitter - siralecksa3
    • Twitch.tv - siralecksa3
    • YouTube - UC4KDpWvBPvWf1k1o7KxfJ3A
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: FT_SirAlecks
  • WBNWM&B
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 04:51:43 AM »
BEAIRTEAS ADDED TO THE MAP POOL!

§ The votation has concluded and the admin team has decided that our new map for the WSC2 will be Beairteas. With it, we now have 11 maps and therefore our map pool is now finished and ready for the start of the tournament. Beairteas has now been added to the admin module and the remaining maps that were being tested have been removed. We'd like to thank each and every single person that has helped us with the decision. Best of luck in the tournament!