Author Topic: [WSC2] Maps Testing & Opinion Poll  (Read 3042 times)

Nexoner

• Sergeant Knight
  • My grandfather was Battanian.
    • Steam - Battanian
    • Twitter - Real_Nexoner
    • Twitch.tv - Nexoner
    • View Profile
    • Mount&Blade: Competitive | VK
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Balestra Nexoner
  • WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Re: [WSC2] Map Suggestions - Deadline 25/6
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 05:44:26 PM »
Map Name:Zavod

Type:Mixed+
Overview:
(click to show/hide)
Flag 1:
(click to show/hide)
Flag 2:
(click to show/hide)
Flag 3:
(click to show/hide)

Download Link:yadi.sk/d/4b6nqGml3YB5jP
Code:
(click to show/hide)

It was my first experience to trying make something not medieval, but something from our times, with the modern architecture. So, I decided to built an old soviet factory, there are some factory objects like: water tower, air conditioners (fans), tubes, water channel, chimneys and some kind of big barrels or tanks for liquids. Because of the territory of all real factories are flat, the map relief is looking too flat too, but I have tried to add some uneven terrain.

More maps:yadi.sk/d/WRinwl2p3Y7kbD
If horseman has crossbow, then is he horse crossbowman or crossbow' horseman?
«Ты не играешь в Варбанд, ты им живешь» © Содомард

Demon's

• Sergeant Knight
  • War in the garbage of antisocial personalities
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »

imemine

• Lost cat, we’ll pay $500 to anyone that finds it
  • Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli.
    • Steam - imemine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: CCC_ChatNoir
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 03:56:37 AM »
Note: Any further quote of "No ... maps please" will be counted as spamming/flaming/trolling and will result in a green badge.

sotamursu123

• On probation
  • Why so serious? :)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: osTnT_cns_SotaMursu
  • WBNW
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 07:49:06 AM »
Imo, a good map should:

1. Allow, but not force the use of all classes. An example of ignoring this is open plains, where 8 cavalry is the only viable setup for all factions except rhodoks who just suck there. Or Village when you could jump on almost every rooftop. Maps forcing 8 cavalry, 8 infantry or 8 archers would force teams to have huge rosters to be competitive in each kind of map.

2. Not allow gambling with class setup. If the terrain of the flag spawns is varies too much, you might have one flag that an open map setup wins, and one that a closed map setup wins, allowing a bad team to simply hope for the best and in some cases even win 3-2, if they end up getting the same flag 3 times. An examples of not following this one would be Desert Oasis (one flag completely open, one closed), and a map bordering this would be River Village. Different class setups giving an advantage on a flag is okay, as long as the flags on the map are not complete polar opposites of each other.

3. Not go full retard. Weird jumps shouldn't be a part of a competitive map's gameplay and glitchy objects/invisible walls that hinder gameplay should be avoided.

4. Have locations you can name easily. Placing objects like graves, tavern signs etc. will sort this out.

5. Not cause lag to norbert's grandma's computer. Warband is poorly optimized, don't retard with useless objects. Don't make PW maps.

6. Have at least some kind of tactical depth to it. A map without any important locations is boring. Just look at Legacy Town. A map doesn't need to be something as complicated as Vendetta or Village, but should have more than "sit here and fight when flag spawns to whoever gets lucky."

Habrak

• Sergeant at Arms
  • I reinvented headshots
    • Steam - Habrak
    • Twitter - HabrakMB
    • Twitch.tv - Habrakos
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: SRC_Habrak
  • WB
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 06:08:38 PM »
Imo, a good map should:

3. Not go full retard. Weird jumps shouldn't be a part of a competitive map's gameplay and glitchy objects/invisible walls that hinder gameplay should be avoided.

I think that the jumps you can perform on Reveran Village now are what can make a difference, and they are not going full troll, it is just pure movement skill, I like those kinda things.
(you probably didn't mean this one in particular, but it is the only jump I could think of rn)

Apfel

• Knight at Arms
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121865528/
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/
    • Twitch.tv - MoBApfel
    • YouTube - UCqYG7nYw5ikmcCj6cTuIMxg
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Apfel
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 09:18:27 PM »
Map Name: Solitude
Type of Map: Closed
Screenshot Overview
(click to show/hide)
Screenshot Flag 1
(click to show/hide)
Screenshot Flag 2
(click to show/hide)
Screenshot Flag 3
(click to show/hide)
Brief description of the map: Many of you played skyrim, those who did surely know the imperial city of Solitude. With this map i tried to replicate it in warband (picture of solitude´s design in skyrim:
(click to show/hide)
solitude doesnt only look great in skyrim, the map design is also fun to play competitively.
I added the tunnels, some archerspots and ladders that dont exist in skyrim to make this map more viable to play. This map is closed and inf-heavy, but both cav and archers can have impact aswell.
Each faction has one flag spawn close to his spawn and both have nearly the same way to the third, the one in teh castle, so you have to decide if you want to control only 1 flagspawn or if you want to compete for the castle to gain mapcontrol. Each flag can be reached by atleast 2 major ways and has multiple archerspots.

As i finished this map today it is brandnew, so if you notice bugs or maperrors message me please :)
If this map gets chosen im willing to work together with the admins on this map if they have any suggestions and improvements, no map is perfect if only 1 player saw it imo.
This map contains over 600 handplaced objects, if this is to much for some pcs i can delete some details and search for unnecessary sceneprobs.

And sorry that the temple of the devines and the "blue" palace look that awful, i didnt want to go into much detail as they are not in the playable area.
I hope you get some Stormcloak vs Imperials feeling playing it, this is the final battle from the stormcloak civil war questline so you have to prove if skyrim really belongs to the nords :wink:

More images:
(click to show/hide)

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lk5imfk7nx5fqv1/AABQdet2MMgD4WeVhCJxUu80a?dl=0
Code:
scn_multi_scene_2 multi_scene_2 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000012002a0b20004992700006e54000007fe00001fd2
 outer_terrain_steppe
should be this one, not sure tho if it isnt message me, the last time i´ve done this is 1 year ago
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 06:11:31 PM by Apfel »
respect existence or
expect resistance

Charlini

• Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082855758/
    • View Profile
Re: [WSC2] Maps Testing & Opinion Poll
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 12:35:19 AM »
Updated first post with updated information about map poll & testing

DuckTheMean

• Knight
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064333246/
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: FTW_Frost
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 12:51:06 AM »
On solitude flag 2, those stairs leading up to the tower look quite steep, can cavalry ride up them? Just wondering because if not an archer posted up there with 0 threat from cavalry may be a bit op?

SirAlecks

• De oppresso liber.
    • Steam - siralecks
    • Twitter - siralecksa3
    • Twitch.tv - siralecksa3
    • YouTube - UC4KDpWvBPvWf1k1o7KxfJ3A
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: FT_SirAlecks
  • WBNWM&B
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 01:02:41 AM »
We noticed aswell during the meeting, some decent-sized changes have been suggested to Apfel in regards to that flag and flag 3 so that the map feels more mixed rather than extremely close and cavalry can also have an ok chance on taking down archers in advantageous static positions.

With that being said and as Charlini updated it in the OP we're now gathering everyone's opinion for the maps, by the end of the week a final meeting for a decision will be held and everyone's opinion (especially captain's) will be used to decide it. So pay attention for tomorrow's module update so that you can try them!

Nexoner

• Sergeant Knight
    • Steam - Battanian
    • Twitter - Real_Nexoner
    • Twitch.tv - Nexoner
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCM&BWF&S
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 11:19:26 AM »
     "Egiin Gol" is looking good, but better to add one more bridge between bridge and middle ford, or make this ford more wider and closer to the bridge. I want to say, that it will be useful for splitting your team, if you are going from Spawn-1/Flag-3 to Flag-1.
     I guess, map will get contrasting reviews, because it has 'same type' as "Field by the river": you will only like it or hate.

"Beairteas" is a pretty good closed map, I would add it to my previous "Rookie Competitions" and "Minor League", if I knew about it earlier. Better to delete all trees, or at least remove one on the Spawn-2 or replace it by some other obstacle.

I my opinion, these two are in Top-3 with my "Grim Village".

Condemned Bas

• Grandmaster Knight
  • magic lance <o/
    • Steam - Ciiges
    • Twitter - Ciiges
    • YouTube - CiigesAKAbas
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: FT_Ciiges
  • WB
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »
I think Tannenberg is way to archer-favored, there are some spots which are very difficult to contest and very easy for archers to get a stupid amount of hits and kills.

I have played this map 20/30 +/- times in officials
Your life must be a constant uphill struggle against  stupidity.

Firunien

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Firunien_DRaD
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 12:39:57 PM »
I think Tannenberg is way to archer-favored, there are some spots which are very difficult to contest and very easy for archers to get a stupid amount of hits and kills.

I have played this map 20/30 +/- times in officials

There was a gatehouse which was op and an accesable tower. I closed both down for that reason.

Edit :
Updated Egiin Gol according to some feedback :
- Spawns moved closer
- Top Flag moved closer with some changes to the position
- added another entrance at the mill flag
- added another way through the river

Most of this was done in order to cut the traveling times down so teams arent that rushed to get to flag.
The feedback is very much appreciated  :D

Overview is updated as well as the download link.

Greets, Reggae and Firunien
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:06:05 PM by Firunien »

Nexoner

• Sergeant Knight
    • Steam - Battanian
    • Twitter - Real_Nexoner
    • Twitch.tv - Nexoner
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCM&BWF&S
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »
Arshabah

Places:
(click to show/hide)
Overview:
(click to show/hide)
Download:
Code:
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:45:44 PM by Nexoner »

Black Dead

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2018, 05:31:27 PM »
Map Name: Trebizond

Type of Map[Closed/Mixed/Open]: (maybe open?)

Screenshot Overview

Screenshot Flag 1
(click to show/hide)
Screenshot Flag 2
(click to show/hide)
Screenshot Flag 3
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Brief description of the map[Spawn points, size of the map and whatever you wanna say about it]:

I wanted to make Trabzon, an old Greek city.I got help from historical sketchs when I am working.Of course I used my imagination too.I guess excellent map for archers(maybe cavs).Have locations you can name easily.I didn't see any bugs.And I don't think it will be a performance decrease.Maybe it looks like a PW map but not very detailed.I think flag points are good for tactics.Thanks.

Download Link: Click for download

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 06:32:16 PM by Black Dead »

Apfel

• Knight at Arms
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121865528/
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/
    • Twitch.tv - MoBApfel
    • YouTube - UCqYG7nYw5ikmcCj6cTuIMxg
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Apfel
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »
I updated my map and edited some spots/things the admins suggested.
(click to show/hide)
-I removed the tower at the castleflag what now makes this flag more mixed and interesting
-I nerfed the bunker spot at flag 3
-I moved the ruined walls between flag 2 (castle) and 3 (bunker) so cav and inf can fight more easily
-I removed some details at the flag 1 highground which were in the way
-I moved flag 1 (market) more towards the marketplace creating more space to fight
-I moved stand and details to the walls creating even more space.

overall the map is smoother now and the cav has more impact while archers now have to rely more on skill than on powerful spots.
Thanks to teh admins for making suggestions so the competitiveness of the map could be adapted :wink:

original post updated aswell
respect existence or
expect resistance