Mount & Blade COOP *CONCEPT*

Users who are viewing this thread

ptlghost

Hey guys,

I was looking for a mod to add coop campaing to warband, or hopefully see that bannerlord would have that... but I saw that Frank Elliot in 2011 said in a post that no one comes up with a concept on how it would work... so I has a game developer myself decided to create an account and come to the rescue.

There's people that actually think that having 2 or more battles in different places around calradia would make the Host computer lag... Are you for real?

First of all...

GAME START:
The host player would just start the game and host.

If anyone wants to joint they could joint after the host computer. The quests would be the same, no need to change, they are on different computers, the server only needs to compute where are they and what they are doing, so everyone can be spotted on the map doing their own thing.

If your friend is in a battle he has the same relationship to you as other warband lords... you could join him in battle or not if you are both enemies that just leave be or help the other army.
The battle would just appear like a normal battle between 2 armies. No need to make the host compute every step that is given in that battle...

When you enter a town, and a friend enters a town too, it would just be like entering a multiplayer battle... It's just a level add another player not hard it's very much doable with programming...

**STOP GAME TIME**

It seems to me that game time is something very hard... It's not, just remove the fast time and everything that speeds or stops time... everything would just go at normal speed... You less feature if you want to play with your friends one feature for another feature...

If you think, that you wont be safe to go to the bathroom... well leave the game or go to a town... when you wait in town even though the time would be normal you would still get health and your army would be fed...

Your friends could also be used as companions. And then turned into lords... Right now some companions are nobles and others aren't well It would depend on the choices made at the start of the game since everyone would go trough that, even if the game had been running for a year now in coopa new friend could join and be a level 1 fresh created peasant

WHAT IS STOPPING THE DEVELOPERS DOING THIS:::

Simple. Warband engine probably doesn't support this, but bannerlord can support this type of play because It's new, It's much more powerfull, and It wasn't yet been released, sow this thing can be tested. It could even be a different native module like a mod or something.

Please feel free to comment some game mechanic that you want me to think on a way it should be done in coop...

Easier to say than being done for a feature that was suggested thousands of time with same or similar ideas, and will take at least years to get it done properly if TW didn’t start doing this already. Why you never research before posting :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom