Private Server Monetisation Policy

Users who are viewing this thread

Are we allowed to give some perks as donation? such as a name tag behind the player's name in the chat, it will be like this,

[Donator]Rikk - <Message>

?

Rikk said:
Are we allowed to give some perks as donation? such as a name tag behind the player's name in the chat, it will be like this,

?
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Server Owners

You are allowed to:
• Accept donations
• Charge players a flat fee to access your server (providing you have the explicit permission to use any mods, maps, game modes, intellectual property or any other additional content hosted on your server)
• Offer reserved slots for donators
• Offer out-of-game rewards
Offer in-game custom titles as a reward

All the things you're allowed to do are listed in the topic. And so, yes you can offer in-game custom titles as a reward.

William The Bear said:
Rikk said:

?
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Server Owners

You are allowed to:
• Accept donations
• Charge players a flat fee to access your server (providing you have the explicit permission to use any mods, maps, game modes, intellectual property or any other additional content hosted on your server)
• Offer reserved slots for donators
• Offer out-of-game rewards
Offer in-game custom titles as a reward

All the things you're allowed to do are listed in the topic. And so, yes you can offer in-game custom titles as a reward.

Thanks for the help!

Flavberg said:
So... the policy is in effect?
Yes, but as far as I know Server Hosts will see a slight update that permits them to charge for the infrastructure required to run certain features beyond the base server. Do wait on an official statement in regards to that or inquire via email, though.

As for Gatts... I don't think anyone was blacklisted so far.

Duh said:
Flavberg said:
Yes, but as far as I know Server Hosts will see a slight update that permits them to charge for the infrastructure required to run certain features beyond the base server. Do wait on an official statement in regards to that or inquire via email, though.

I have 3 different VPSes, I can open servers on two of these but not the last one, all has same OS, I do the same things but server doesn't appear on server list. There's no another explanation.

Gatts said:
I have 3 different VPSes, I can open servers on two of these but not the last one, all has same OS, I do the same things but server doesn't appear on server list. There's no another explanation.
I feel you haven't exhausted other possibilities yet. I'm fairly certain no-one has been blacklisted, so there is some other reason for why your server doesn't appear.

Gatts said:
Duh said:
Flavberg said:

Hosting on a VPS isn't a good idea anyway :razz:

We feel like we have given people plenty of time to become familiar with this policy and make changes to their service. So from now on, we will start to actively enforce the policy.

With that in mind, this server has now been blacklisted:

59th_Jailbreak
  • Violation of Monetisation Policy
  • Racism/Homophobia by Server Owners on Server & Homepage
  • Asset Theft

Howdy, fellas.

Just wanted to say that I'm quite shocked, though not entirely surprised to hear that 59th_Jailbreak, and by extension NRP, have been blacklisted. I imaging NRP will be white listed again since that seemed more like an accident due to the IP addresses being shared, but your decision on indefinitely blacklisting Jailbreak from NW is upsetting to say the least. While some of the rationale behind it makes sense (the re-purposed maps, the "racist" remarks and what not), the idea that JB will not be receiving a second chance is, in my opinion, a very unfair decision. As an admin for JB (or ex-admin now) we were currently in the process of re-hauling a lot of the server's rules and practices - we were cracking down on the racist remarks, the racist maps, etc. - though it seems it was too little too late.

I guess I'm not trying to beg for the server's forgiveness, but I'd sincerely appreciate it if there was a chance that JB could be given a second chance, especially since it's a pretty popular server most of the time. At the end of the day it's not going to effect my life in anyway, though it's one less cathartic way to have a fun little time with the NW community, but it's still an upsetting decision by Taleworlds.

Pmurt said:
Howdy, fellas.

Just wanted to say that I'm quite shocked, though not entirely surprised to hear that 59th_Jailbreak, and by extension NRP, have been blacklisted. I imaging NRP will be white listed again since that seemed more like an accident due to the IP addresses being shared, but your decision on indefinitely blacklisting Jailbreak from NW is upsetting to say the least. While some of the rationale behind it makes sense (the re-purposed maps, the "racist" remarks and what not), the idea that JB will not be receiving a second chance is, in my opinion, a very unfair decision. As an admin for JB (or ex-admin now) we were currently in the process of re-hauling a lot of the server's rules and practices - we were cracking down on the racist remarks, the racist maps, etc. - though it seems it was too little too late.

I guess I'm not trying to beg for the server's forgiveness, but I'd sincerely appreciate it if there was a chance that JB could be given a second chance, especially since it's a pretty popular server most of the time. At the end of the day it's not going to effect my life in anyway, though it's one less cathartic way to have a fun little time with the NW community, but it's still an upsetting decision by Taleworlds.
just having a normal one defending racist server owners i see

I would like to ask on what are you reffering to as "Asset theft"? Most of not all maps are either custom made by members of the community or modified templates of the lograx who gave us explicit permission to use them. All our skins (which are for the most part given out randomly at the start of the round to all players) are game assets and we haven't used any kind of scripts that we ourselves didn't ask for / made.

I just want to clear some stuff out. Also  Imperium, although you are entitled to your opinion I ask of you to contribute meaningfully, rejecting our points because we are "racists"  (ad hominem) is not an argument

Could you clarify for other server owners what constitutes as racism or homophobia? Obsviously stuff like ‘kill the <race, religion>’ falls under that category but is a username of say Hitler allowed? What about something like ‘**** hitler?’ Less hated persons who some might argue committed horrible acts like ‘kaiser wilhelm’ or ‘erdogan?’ Any dictator for that matter?

Messages supporting the nazis or slavery is clear but what about messages supporting other controversial topics? British empire for those who are strongly anti-colonialism? Ottoman empire? They did afterall commit genocide. What about the soviet union who also committed horrible acts?

The list goes on and on and while some are clear, could you clarify the grey areas. Many thanks.

I don't think it's as complicated as you make it out to be. Any derogatory statements based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, sexual orientation and similar should be avoided. Naturally, it may not be possible to always 100% guarantee that all your staff members adhere to such principles, but there should be a clear effort to discourage rather than encourage it. The latter was the case here - with dedicated server messages that announced punishment using ethnic terms (and more elsewhere). Grey areas will very likely have to be judged case-by-case. Generally speaking, you should avoid them. But "**** X Dictator/Ruler/King/Empire" and anti-colonialism have little to do with racism or homophobia, so I don't think they really relate to this matter.

Dimboi said:
I would like to ask on what are you reffering to as "Asset theft"? Most of not all maps are either custom made by members of the community or modified templates of the lograx who gave us explicit permission to use them. All our skins (which are for the most part given out randomly at the start of the round to all players) are game assets and we haven't used any kind of scripts that we ourselves didn't ask for / made.

I just want to clear some stuff out.
You should understand that trying to figure out what exactly TWs knows while not admitting to anything yourself isn't really convincing in terms of "trying to clear some stuff out".

Edith: Welp, turns out this was a dupe of a previously banned user.

H E R O O F T H E I M P E R I U M said:
Pmurt said:
Blah blah blah
just having a normal one defending racist server owners i see
A) The actual server owners, the 59th, were not actively observing how our server was run. Hence why NRP was also effected by our blacklisting. There's no reason to imply that they are racist when they left us, the JB admins, in complete control.

B) I'm not defending anyone, per se. If you actually read what I had written you would have noticed that. Not trying to be smarmy, it's just that kneejerk assumptions like yours don't do anyone any good.

The fact at hand is that we got ourselves into this situation. We had topics on our own forum discussing Taleworld's monetization policy update, and we didn't take it seriously enough. Our hubris got our server blacklisted - no one is denying this. My only plan was to perhaps see if there was a possibility of our server receiving a second chance.

I'm guessing you've never played on JB, or if you had it was for ten minutes a few months ago or something. While it doesn't matter now, we were actively addressing the reports of racism, etc. on our server and changing the way things were run. This obviously came too late. I'm not expecting TW to suddenly have a change of heart and give us a second chance, especially not after some further events have come to light, I was just hoping that there might have been a slight chance.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
We feel like we have given people plenty of time to become familiar with this policy and make changes to their service. So from now on, we will start to actively enforce the policy.

59th_Jailbreak
  • Asset Theft

good job, feels good to see TW take action

Callum_TaleWorlds said:

59th_Jailbreak
  • Asset Theft

rofl

Back
Top Bottom