Acceleration

Users who are viewing this thread

It's true for all of the detailed mods (actually I think this mod is much quicker than the likes of HYW and Onin no Ran).  I guess it's because it has to load Native and all the changes.  Not sure there's much you can do about it.

Odin Doomhammer said:
It's true for all of the detailed mods (actually I think this mod is much quicker than the likes of HYW and Onin no Ran).  I guess it's because it has to load Native and all the changes.  Not sure there's much you can do about it.

It is because of the content. More content. More has to be loaded. Loading time takes longer, Sounds obvious to me. The map 's a very large factor here, and since it got cropped, loading times have increased.

As far as I know, The only thing that will lessen the loading time is buying a better processor. And as Nick said it, This mod loads extremely fast compared to Onin No Ran.

I suggest that you go make yourself some tea or coffee while you wait. Go read a book. Go listen to some music, or anything. You could alt-tab and browse Taleworlds. Last but not least, go play a 100x100 minesweeper. I bet the mod will have been loaded after that. Basically: Do something while waiting isntead of thinking about the boredom.

Servitor

NICK.ALTMAN said:
This mod is great but the loading time is killing me. Vanilla loads in matter of seconds for me but this mod takes ages. Why is that? Is there any way to accelerate loading games?

The problem lies in the .dds files used for mesh textures.

There's a lot of them, too many in fact.

I'm hoping to reskin all of the armour meshes for a Version 1 port, which should cut the initial load up screen to around a 1/4 of the current time.

I'm not sure how the .dds files are intergrated under V0.95x, maybe things have changed...

When the next version of the module system comes out, the loading time for the mod will decrease because of the new way the game loads (when starting a new game or loading a game).  The load time at the beginning wont be affected though.

I'm curious how long it actually takes for most people, I timed it to 1min 26 seconds the other day, and about the same every other time I loaded, but sitting there staring at the screen with no progress bar or anything I could imagine 5 minutes or so easy, its like the saying, "A watched pot never boils", why I always have something to read when its loading (course that means I spend alot of time reading the same stuff).

I didnt time the seconds and just took a short glance at my cellphone where it showed about 2minutes. Id add several seconds to that. Lords of War is THE mod that takes the longest time loading on my system with Expanded Gameplay II right behind.
My system is an older one though - there are lags even on the battle map sometimes.

Carolus said:
I didnt time the seconds and just took a short glance at my cellphone where it showed about 2minutes. Id add several seconds to that. Lords of War is THE mod that takes the longest time loading on my system with Expanded Gameplay II right behind.
My system is an older one though - there are lags even on the battle map sometimes.

Try playing The Last Days. :wink:

Markus II said:
Carolus said:

Try playing The Last Days. :wink:

Diashows?

TLD used to take about 10 minutes to load, for me.  Which is, quite frankly, disgusting, and I'm glad that Armagan's found a way to speed up the loading times  on native - most mods coming out on versions newer than .950 will be much faster to load.

Back
Top Bottom