[WBL] MOSS Anti-cheat

Users who are viewing this thread

Ciiges said:
I guess you ignored the other part of my post where I said I record and upload my officials which is another form of anti-cheat, so I'm fine thanks.

I didn't ignore it, it's just irrelevant to the point of rolling anti-cheat out to the community. Not everyone wants or is able to record their gameplay, so by rejecting a more accessible and accurate anti-cheat you're harming the scene. You don't get to dictate the rules of participation, although you can choose not to participate. Whether Kern decides on certain rules is up to him, not you.

I don't know where you're getting 3-6 hours from, I never said that's how long it takes. If you really need 15 minutes between sets to do work, then yeah, you need a helper to plan out your week fietta. Maybe your university has a grant for that, I wouldn't know too much about that uni stuff though.

Kiano said:
I don't know where you're getting 3-6 hours from, I never said that's how long it takes. If you really need 15 minutes between sets to do work, then yeah, you need a helper to plan out your week fietta. Maybe your university has a grant for that, I wouldn't know too much about that uni stuff though.

I don't understand, if I can spend more time being productive, regardless of when my assignment is due, how is that mad management? If I can spend that 30 minutes then why wouldn't I? I've literally repeated myself 4 times now, what are you not understanding?. 'Hey Fietta you can spend being benched browsing facebook on your phone OR you can do work inbetween sets? even if it's revision??'

OurGloriousLeader said:
Ciiges said:
I guess you ignored the other part of my post where I said I record and upload my officials which is another form of anti-cheat, so I'm fine thanks.

I didn't ignore it, it's just irrelevant to the point of rolling anti-cheat out to the community. Not everyone wants or is able to record their gameplay, so by rejecting a more accessible and accurate anti-cheat you're harming the scene. You don't get to dictate the rules of participation, although you can choose not to participate. Whether Kern decides on certain rules is up to him, not you.
So because I'm chosing another form of anti-cheat which is just as reliable, I'm not eligible to participate in a tournament? Thats bull****.
Just because you are forcing a system upon tournaments that I can work around by providing another just as reliable method, I'm not allowed to participate.

The goal of MOSS is to prevent cheating, recording matches does the same exact thing, they have common goals, just different methods. I'm already using recording as an option, and will not refrain from doing it for some other method, because mine works fine.

Fietta said:
Kiano said:

I don't understand, if I can spend more time being productive, regardless of when my assignment is due, how is that mad management? If I can spend that 30 minutes then why wouldn't I? I've literally repeated myself 4 times now, what are you not understanding?. 'Hey Fietta you can spend being benched browsing facebook on your phone OR you can do work inbetween sets? even if it's revision??'

I'm trying to say, if it means helping the community prevent cheating, how hard is it to not do assignment work for 15 minutes?

the point of an anticheat software is that it can be assured that everyone is playing fair
what happens if ur recording gets corrupted or whatever and you can not provide any recording while everyone else is fine since they used the software?

Kiano said:
I'm trying to say, if it means helping the community prevent cheating, how hard is it to not do assignment work for 15 minutes?
^this

HKP said:
the point of an anticheat software is that it can be assured that everyone is playing fair
what happens if ur recording gets corrupted or whatever and you can not provide any recording while everyone else is fine since they used the software?

Kiano said:
^this
Has not happened to me in 3 years of recording, and what happens if the program stops working? I'll rely on my 3 years of good experience.

Kiano said:
Fietta said:
Kiano said:

Helps the community prevent cheating? You mean the fact there's like 5 cheaters in the game with many tournaments not having a prize pool? Maybe it's the fact that you're risking your data being leaked from a simple alt-tab? Maybe it's the fact that if you want to do something on your computer, you have to quit MOSS and if your teammate drops out, oh well, tough luck! At least there's no cheaters though! Teammates dropping is such a common occurrence in warband's buggy engine.

Is it possible to take a screenshot of what you're doing before you even enter Warband? You press start before even launching warband and it says it's 'randomised' so I guess there's a possibility it can ALSO take a screenshot at that point?

What is the problem, Just avoid showing / close down anything personal while the match is being played, and you won't leak anything,
a bunch of snaps of your screen every 30 sec and a logfile of all background processes,  :roll:

Ciiges said:
So because I'm chosing another form of anti-cheat which is just as reliable, I'm not eligible to participate in a tournament? Thats bull****.
Just because you are forcing a system upon tournaments that I can work around by providing another just as reliable method, I'm not allowed to participate.

The goal of MOSS is to prevent cheating, recording matches does the same exact thing, they have common goals, just different methods. I'm already using recording as an option, and will not refrain from doing it for some other method, because mine works fine.

I didn't say you weren't allowed to participate, not my decision, but I don't see what's unreasonable about that as an idea. If you wanted to play in any tournament for any game on ESL for example, you'd need to do this, and it would be completely public. Somehow I don't see you or anyone here throwing a hissy fit to ESL admins.

Your recording isn't acceptable because recordings can be edited, can be set to ignore capturing some hacks like ESP, and won't catch DLLs or other issues. MOSS avoids all that. And ofc the universal factor (moss is easy for everyone, recording is not).

Fietta said:
If I were to be benched I'd normally do work, assignments etc. For every set you're bench it's an extra 15 minutes less I can do on my assignment.

I but if your teammate drops (Just like Charlini in the finals of the WNL), I could easily tab in, now I'd have to reload the entire game.

Pick one. Don't claim to be dedicated to your education whilst at the same time constantly being at the ready to jump in mid-set.

Back
Top Bottom